**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

For those who got there before 6:30, were they already set up and just made you wait in a line? Was the line very long to get in? We have a fastpass for Space and it's from 5:15-6:15. I don't think that even if we book it over there the CM will let us on :( I'm sure we'll get to ride it later :) but the girls were excited to start the night there!

For any other midwestern/northerners, we packed coats and gloves in our bags and never put them on. I believe it was low 40s tonight and we were fine in pants and a hoodie with no hats or gloves.

Thanks for this. We are going on 2/7. Low projected to be 50. I have packable coats but I feel like we wont need them (we're from WI). Then again, a few degree swing lower and it could be chilly!

I think we'll bring them along, and if they're not needed, great. But in hate to carry them if they arent needed..... arghhh!! :)

For those who got there before 6:30, were they already set up and just made you wait in a line? Was the line very long to get in? We have a fastpass for Space and it's from 5:15-6:15. I don't think that even if we book it over there the CM will let us on :( I'm sure we'll get to ride it later :) but the girls were excited to start the night there!

If you can push it back a couple minutes they do allow a small “grace” window for FP. I think it’s 15 minutes.

That's good to know! I was thinking it would be pointless in the dark and we could skip it.

We're in North Dakota and I've really been stressing over getting colder than expected. Especially since we can't really go back to our resort before DAH (too much time wasted) and won't lug around jackets all day. So that's encouraging. Our DAH is late next week.
We’ve skipped jc the last two times so I wanted to do it this time. It was almost the same as during the day but I thought it was more fun in the dark.

I definitely didn’t think it was as cold as people were saying but we came from -20 or whatever it was at home.

Thanks for this. We are going on 2/7. Low projected to be 50. I have packable coats but I feel like we wont need them (we're from WI). Then again, a few degree swing lower and it could be chilly!

I think we'll bring them along, and if they're not needed, great. But in hate to carry them if they arent needed..... arghhh!! :)
We brought coats in our backpack and never put them on. Even eating ice cream we thought it was just fine out. We’re wearing shorts and t shirts today while lots of people have jackets on. It’s like 65 out

We are also from WI. We each wore long sleeve shirt, short sleeve shirt, sweatshirt and fleece and were comfy.

We went last night, my 5 year old did way better than I thought he would. It wasn't that cold to us (being from Buffalo) so we didn't have any weather complaints.

We started in Adventure Land and we rode:

Jungle Cruise 1x at 7:40
Magic Carpet 1x as fireworks were going off - the line app said the line was 50 minutes but it was a walk on
Tried to go to Big Thunder but it was down
Haunted Mansion 1x
Did the Lantern pictures and had some ice cream
Big Thunder was back up so went and rode that 1x
Lied and told our kid Small World was burning down in a fire so we wouldn't have to ride it (we hate that ride)
Winnie the Pooh 1x
Popcorn and drinks
7DMT 1x - the wait said 35 minutes at this point. I asked the CM about if DAS passes work during during this and could I get a return time and they let us go through the FP line instead.
Under the Sea 2x
Dumbo 1x
Ice cream and drinks
Tried to do People Mover but it had JUST broken
Buzz Lightyear 1x

Overall, it was fun! But since they didn't have fastpass lines open except for haunted mansion and then the one exception they gave us on 7DMT, walking the full lines adds so much walking time on that it makes you get less rides in. We got 10 rides in over almost 3 hours (we left around 10:45pm) and we get close to that during EMM as well since they let you do FastPass lines during that. Also because it's not as spread apart. I would still do this again but maybe I would stick to one side of the park instead of trying to do the entire thing to target some rides multiple times.

I definitely didn’t think it was as cold as people were saying but we came from -20 or whatever it was at home.

I live in Denver and we just went to AK DAH during our trip. I was one of the people who posted that it was definitely chilly. I think if there is a breeze or windy conditions like there were the night we went then the high 40's that we had does feel much colder. I was very glad I had brought my coat but didn't wear gloves or a hat and was fine.

Does anybody think they will offer this in May? I know it hasn't been offered in May before, but if they are expecting lower than normal attendance due to people waiting for Star Wars, plus the increasing popularity in this event, I'm hoping they will offer some dates in May. We'll be there the 18-26th, fingers crossed!

I'm hoping to get some information for summer too. DD and i went last july and it was so worth it! We literally walked on everything, had a CM at haunted mansion following us, pics of the empty park, it was great. hoping it will be offered this july as well. Has anyone heard of it being extended?

I'm hoping to get some information for summer too. DD and i went last july and it was so worth it! We literally walked on everything, had a CM at haunted mansion following us, pics of the empty park, it was great. hoping it will be offered this july as well. Has anyone heard of it being extended?
We don’t know anything until Disney releases information

Loved It! Sunday’s weather was so cold and rainy we almost regretted booking DAH but thing cleared out. It was kind of mysteriously misty with the cool wet weather! We were amazed at the low crowds-walked on basically everything we wanted to go on- the walk to get on most rides was the the only wait. The longest wait I had was for popcorn while DD and DH went on Space- ( i am 63 and will do everything except Space and RNR). In my opinion- was totally worth it(with our discount)

We did this Monday 1/28, final ride count was:
Buzz - right at 8pm
SM x 2
Dumbo
Barnstormer
Ariel
SDMT - had to wait 20 mins for this, not impressed by that
HM
BTMRR x 2
Pirates
Jungle Cruise
BTMRR

We brought home at least 6 waters, each had a soda, 2 popcorns and my DH probably ate 6 ice creams. I had on a winter coat, hat and gloves (we're from Maine).

We thought the event was worth the money but the long walks thru the lines do slow you down. The wait for SDMT was a bummer as well. I was impressed with how many carts were open, we only passed one or 2 that were closed and those lines moved fast.

I am sure this has been asked so I apologize ahead of time. If I enter Mk at 530 0r 6 pm must I exit park and re enter to get my wrist band? TIA.

If by tracking you mean watching, there’s a lot of us watching/waiting/hoping for some summer dates. Last year’s summer dates were released 5/2 for reference. This post here keeps track of past dates/release dates: https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...-faq-discussion-thread.3713652/#post-59898155

Hope that helps.

Yes, that's what I mean. Geez I really hope they come out before May, my 60 is 4/22! I really, really want to be able to plan knowing which day will be the AH, and where we are going! Everything else has been released so early so what gives?!?!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter