**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

We are officially booked for February 21! Thanks so much for this post - I never would have realized that date was available otherwise (and selfishly crossing my fingers that others don't figure it out either and the crowd is low)!

At this moment, wait times look fantastic. 7DMT shows temp. closed.

Quick report-things tonight are amazing. There are so few people in the park it is surreal. We arrived at 7 to LOTS of people, and soon after it poured for a good 45 minutes. We watched HEA right in front of the castle.

Once the party started, every ride was literally walk-on with the exception of mine train. It was down until midnight but once up we waited 15 minutes max to ride it. All the snack lines were small and we waited no more than 2-3 minutes.

All in all, an amazing night and I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Was there also. Walked up to the ticket window and bought AP discounted tickets 10 minutes before 10pm.

I have to agree with connorlevismom, loved the park being so empty. Rode thunder mountain 4 times in a row, didn’t even get have to get up. Mine train went down and so did the people mover.

It was a great night. 7DMT was down for most of the night. It came back around midnight and we waited about 10 minutes...not counting the 5 minutes it went down again. :D

We rode everything we wanted and the lines for snacks were very short. The longest line was at the end of the night when my wife wanted more popcorn from a stand by the hub and that only took a few minutes.

We got back to the Poly on the ferry boat to the TTC. We exited MK about five after and were back in our room by 1:30.

We're off to MVMCP tonight...WooHoo!!!

...then home tomorrow...BOO!! :D

Mike

Unfortunately, not only was mine train down the majority of the night but so was People Mover. SDMT did come back up around midnight but while we were standing in line it went back down again, then back up around 12:30. Space Mountain was down nearly the entire time; as we queued up in SDMT around 12:30 SM opened back up but by the time we got off MT it was too late to get to ride it. Those rides being down irked me.

Fortunately, Ariel saved our night with - by far - the best character interaction my DD8 has ever had. We spent two rounds with her for a total of probably 12 minutes; 8 minutes the last round.

Ignoring the initial annoyance of those downed rides, all in all it was a good night.

Unfortunately, not only was mine train down the majority of the night but so was People Mover. SDMT did come back up around midnight but while we were standing in line it went back down again, then back up around 12:30. Space Mountain was down nearly the entire time; as we queued up in SDMT around 12:30 SM opened back up but by the time we got off MT it was too late to get to ride it. Those rides being down irked me.

Fortunately, Ariel saved our night with - by far - the best character interaction my DD8 has ever had. We spent two rounds with her for a total of probably 12 minutes; 8 minutes the last round.

Ignoring the initial annoyance of those downed rides, all in all it was a good night.
Glad you still had fun even though some of the rides were down

Glad you still had fun even though some of the rides were down

I was pretty aggravated about it for a while but we made the best of it.

It’s just frustrating that two of the main attractions I’m paying $130/person for were down.

We were so excited our planned trip had a DAH night added. We have been to DAH previously and know how awesome it is. We attended last night with specific plans in mind and a pretty good strategy to keep from crossing the park too many times. We added late evening FP+ so we could hit PPF, SDMT and BTMRR. Well PPF and SDMT both went down so our FP+ changed to "Multiple attraction FP" PPF came back up so we used one for that. SDMT remained closed until after the transition to DAH and several hours after that. So we ended up not even using one FP+.

Obviously one of the best things about DAH, and what makes it worth the $$$ to do it is the short lines for rides like SDMT and SM. Well SDMT stayed down until around 11:30. We got in line just as it opened, rode once. As we were coming off it was clear word was out, Seemed like everyone in the park poured into SDMT pushing the wait to a quick 30 min. We figured that is still better than 90 lol, got back in line. Waited 15 min in line to hear the dreaded words. "Sorry folks we are down for technical issues". And that was the end of SDMT for our night. Not sure it ever came back up.

The other plan we had was for me to ride SM to verify it was tame enough for my wife, she loves coasters but has a limit to what she can do. EE is too fast for her but I think SM will be OK. I have ridden SM at DL 100 times but that was 20+ years ago lol. So I figure walk on ride, test for her. If it is a no go we only wasted 10 min doing it. NOPE... SM closed all night.

I know Disney can not control things like this. But it sure made for a let down for our night.

We will try again in January:)

We are considering going next Monday night Dec. 10th... I am mostly curious about when people were able to get in. Did they let you in the park prior to 7pm?

Thanks!

Ed

We are considering going next Monday night Dec. 10th... I am mostly curious about when people were able to get in. Did they let you in the park prior to 7pm?

Thanks!

Ed

Last night they were holding people until 7pm. We were in at 6:30 because we have AP’s but we asked the people getting ready to let people in and give them wrist bands when we could get them and they said 7pm.

Last night they were holding people until 7pm. We were in at 6:30 because we have AP’s but we asked the people getting ready to let people in and give them wrist bands when we could get them and they said 7pm.
Huh so that’s new then. I wonder why they switched from 6 to 7?

I think this happens whenever there's a gap between events (fingers crossed). Hoping that eventually they allow folks to go in closer to 6:00...

Not saying this is why but maybe...
Last night’s event (and I think the next one) started at 10pm where the majority of them start at 9pm.

We attended 12/3 DAH and had a really great time. We kept saying “This is the way to do Disney!” We got there around 6:45 and were let in a little bit before 7. Used some fast passes-it poured for awhile which was a little bit of a downer but we ran into hall of presidents and when we came out, it wasn’t as bad as before. We had the fireworks after party and waited there until close to 9:50 for crowds to clear out. The only problem we ran into was that we were never given our wristbands when we entered at 7. I don’t know why I didn’t notice but when we asked around later where we could pick up the DAH wristbands, we saw a lot of confused looks on cast members faces and got a bunch of different answers. The consistent answer was City Hall but when we went there, someone told us it was not the place but he took pity on us and gave us wristbands anyway! It was a bummer that mine train and space mountain were down, as well as people mover but we had a fantastic time anyway. We weren’t there to ride every ride but just to enjoy the experience and we definitely did! Happy to answer any specific questions!

Not saying this is why but maybe...
Last night’s event (and I think the next one) started at 10pm where the majority of them start at 9pm.
We’ve been to a dah that started at 10 and we were still let in at 6. I guess for this new batch they decided to change it up

I know this has been mentioned but I can’t seem to find it. So forgive me!
My DH and I will be doing the after hours event and we will be in the park starting probably in the afternoon around 4ish. We have park hoppers and are doing a different park in the morning. Where do we check in and get our wristbands/lanyards? Is it at the front of the park or is there different places within the park?

I know this has been mentioned but I can’t seem to find it. So forgive me!
My DH and I will be doing the after hours event and we will be in the park starting probably in the afternoon around 4ish. We have park hoppers and are doing a different park in the morning. Where do we check in and get our wristbands/lanyards? Is it at the front of the park or is there different places within the park?
I know we’ve answered this a couple times. The ones I know for sure are the liberty square guest services and tortuga tavern. But it sounds like reports from the last one said cms were really confused about giving out wristbands.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter