**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

I haven't been to a DAH event yet but was considering going in the fall if they add dates. That said I would be pretty unhappy if Disney upped the price, which is already significant, without increasing the length of the event at all or adding any additional perks.

The price just went up $6 starting with the 11/26/2018 event. Who knows of course, but I doubt there will be an increase in the near-term.

Hi guys...so I did it. I bought tickets to one of the MK DAH events. We haven't been to Disney in years. I am pretty excited. I bought the tickets thru "Tickets-at-Work" and received them in the mail today. They are just a credit card looking ticket but they have NO event date or reference to the event? I went online and tried to link them to the My Disney Experience thing but it gave me an error. Also there is a date in the lower left corner of the cards...do you know what that date is for? These ones date back to 2017? Sorry if this is a dumb question, just confused. Can anyone advise?
Sounds like they sent you RFID cards. They can usually be linked by code or scanning a QR code with the app. Maybe call Tickets at Work and inquire. Kinda weird they have a 2017 date on them.

The last time we did DAH (Jan 2018), I saw a tip here to start using the lanyard as a FP at most attractions in between when you get in the park and when the event officially starts, and that CMs were letting folks do this.

I tried it at a few rides (PotC, Magic Carpets) and it did indeed work.

Anyone know if this is still an unofficial practice?

Looks like tomorrow (3/7) is sold out. FYI!

No no no! We r going and didn’t want a sell out crowd. Just arrived at 6:30 pm (Wed.). And so far this trip has not been fun didn’t get luggage until 1:42 am and suddenly I see all our dining reservations have disappeared!!!
Good news all fast passes still showing up!

The last time we did DAH (Jan 2018), I saw a tip here to start using the lanyard as a FP at most attractions in between when you get in the park and when the event officially starts, and that CMs were letting folks do this.

They don't give out lanyards anymore, just a wristband

It really depends on the cms but for the most part the only reason some let us go was because they didn’t know what was going on. We didn’t have much success during our dah in January this year or July last year

Considering the Aug. 29 opening date of Galaxy’s Edge I’d be surprised if they did not offer late spring and summer DAH dates to entice more people to visit before then.

Any news on how long waits were for the sold out event? and how busy the park was?

At Epcot right now. We’ll be heading to MK about 6 to check in for tonight. Last year for Mardi Gras week it was also sold out. It’ll be interesting to see how this year’s sold out compares...

Has anyone bought tickets from undercover tourist for extra magic hours? How do we know if they are legit? Any real proof/horror stories?

Has anyone bought tickets from undercover tourist for extra magic hours? How do we know if they are legit? Any real proof/horror stories?
They are a legit business so I wouldn’t have any problems buying from them. Just to clarify you’re talking about Disney after hours right? Extra magic hours is free for Disney resort guests

At Epcot right now. We’ll be heading to MK about 6 to check in for tonight. Last year for Mardi Gras week it was also sold out. It’ll be interesting to see how this year’s sold out compares...
Super interested to get your opinion on this since you will have done both. In the past, some of the non sold out events were busier than the sold out ones so I wouldn't let that discourage anyone. That said, if the numbers cap has gone up, you will be a good person to gauge it :)
Hope everyone has a great time tonight!!!

Super interested to get your opinion on this since you will have done both. In the past, some of the non sold out events were busier than the sold out ones so I wouldn't let that discourage anyone. That said, if the numbers cap has gone up, you will be a good person to gauge it :)
Hope everyone has a great time tonight!!!
It’s also really hard to tell because you might go with the flow of traffic or away from it. If everyone goes to frontierland first and you go to Tomorrowland it makes a big difference.

How is everyone doing their planning? Do you work on your plan, what parks you'll go to on which days and then change it if needed when new DAH are announced?

Do you try moving dining ADR?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter