**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

Along the lines of the 7DMT discussion from earlier this week. It’s 8:10pm, park closed at 8pm, HEA has been running for 10 mins now, and the posted 7DMT wait on the app is 15 mins. That’s a nice low number for my standards.

And it’s 60 degrees there which I’m guessing is a heck of a lot warmer than many of us across the rest of the US and world!

Along the lines of the 7DMT discussion from earlier this week. It’s 8:10pm, park closed at 8pm, HEA has been running for 10 mins now, and the posted 7DMT wait on the app is 15 mins. That’s a nice low number for my standards.

And it’s 60 degrees there which I’m guessing is a heck of a lot warmer than many of us across the rest of the US and world!

5 degrees here right now!

We are going Monday the 28th. DW surprised me with a birthday trip and DAH tickets. It will be our 3rd DAH, I love what I am seeing for wait times. We did one in early December and it was a little disappointing. SDMT and SM down all night. When SDMT finally came up the line quickly went to 60 minutes. Right now the app has everything at 5 min other than SDMT @ 15 min. I will take that all night long :)

I purchased tickets for our family of 3 for February 28th! It is our third year in a row for that night (last Thursday in Feb/first in March), and we all agree it is the highlight of our vacation. Thank you to everyone who has been making reports and keeping up the enthusiasm!

People have thrown out 3k since DAH started, although I’m not so sure that’s accurate. No one really knows the true number.
Thank you for this info I am hoping they offer this in September when I am down there I really want to gave this experience.

Splash was closed all night. 7dmt was down till about 945 and haunted mansion was down for about 20 minutes. Other raise ride times were 5minutes down to walk on. Still a good night.

Splash was open until at least 8:30. Rode on it with zero wait after doing BTMRR at 8:10. They were still loading when I got off around 8:30.

I was also stuck on Haunted Mansion for 26 minutes in the same spot in the graveyard scene. Big chunk of After Hours time spent there. Then went to 7DMT and it was down.

Splash was open until at least 8:30. Rode on it with zero wait after doing BTMRR at 8:10. They were still loading when I got off around 8:30.

I was also stuck on Haunted Mansion for 26 minutes in the same spot in the graveyard scene. Big chunk of After Hours time spent there. Then went to 7DMT and it was down.

We had a reasonable night, but annoying about 7DMT, down for 3/4 of the night and they did not know when it would go up.. we lucked out and did Pooh and came out and it was up so managed 2 rides. 1st wait 10mins, 2nd 20. I noticed they shut the line at 11 sharp despite being down so much. We still managed : pirates and HM (before 8) , TM x2 during HEA (loved that), SM, carpets, carousel, orbitors, SW, met Rapunzel (managed to drag hubby into pic haha) and Tiana, pics on "empty Main St" (best not to attempt at end of night from what I saw), Pooh, 7DMT x2. Ate 2 icecreams and 1 popcorn.
Monorail was not running which was annoying, had to catch bus back to GF , got back at 11:30.
Preferred it to DHS.
Is it common for so many rides to go down/stop working with people on them? It has happened to us pretty much everyday (we 've been here 10) and some days more than once..are they not being maintained? Old? Something else..?

We tried to stay positive, but were stuck in line when 7DMT went down and then again when HM went down. Went back to Splash and Big Thunder to discover splash down and a good sized wait for Big Thunder, which was backed up and only running one side. When 7DMT did come back up the lines were 30+ mins. For my husband and I (who usually are in the parks with small children) it was a bit frustrating.

We are going Monday the 28th. DW surprised me with a birthday trip and DAH tickets. It will be our 3rd DAH, I love what I am seeing for wait times. We did one in early December and it was a little disappointing. SDMT and SM down all night. When SDMT finally came up the line quickly went to 60 minutes. Right now the app has everything at 5 min other than SDMT @ 15 min. I will take that all night long :)
Will be there the same night. Hope it doesn’t rain.

We apparently lucked out. We missed most of the shut downs. Did 7DMT at the beginning with a 5 to 10 minute wait, BTMT with a 10 minute wait, walked up to HM just as they reopened it and rode it twice with no wait, then went back and rode 7DMT a second time with about a 10 minute wait. Only ride we missed was Splash Mountain, which was closed for most of the night. We also rode Pooh, Aladdin, Jungle Cruise, Pirates, Buzz, Peoplemover, Under the Sea, and did Philharmagic. DH chose not to do SM. The fireworks were going off when we rode 7DMT the first time and it was great. Finale went off as we were waiting outside the station before going in to unload.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter