**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

I was asked to update my ticket situation when it was resolved so just wanted to report that all is well.

Long version: I finally received a call back from a lovely and helpful guest relations CM after one phone call and two emails over the past ten days. I was able to get a refund for the After Hours tickets and I was able to upgrade the four UCT 10 day tickets to “Anytime” tickets that expire on 12/31/2020 for *only* $160 each. I could have moved them to any specific date before 12/31/2020 for $60 each, but my husband and I decided that we just aren’t absolutely sure about our rescheduled dates yet. In hindsight, it was a probably a mistake to choose the anytime tix but I was just too excited to even have the option that I didn’t think it through. Oh well.

Hopefully I will be back to planning another AH event soon. :)

I need advice and don’t want to start a new thread. Thinking enough knowledgeable people see this thread that I could get some help.

Our trip later this month has been suddenly and tragically cancelled when my retina decided to detach from its wall. I had surgery yesterday (I do not recommend this surgery, big thumbs down) and can’t fly for two months, thanks to a lovely apparatus installed in my head (and I won’t be able to ride my favorite coasters, EE and RnRC, ever again which is truly heartbreaking).

Aaanywaaay, I have tickets to AH on July 25th. Anyone had any luck getting a refund because of trip cancellation? I know that they are not refundable, but I am hoping this extraordinary situation might allow me to have my $600 back. Who should I call? I have a number for ticketing but I bought them with an AP discount - do you think the AP line might be more helpful?

I would appreciate any advice anyone can offer. I am not physically up to making multiple phone calls right now. If the answer is no, so be it but I doubt I will ever buy AH or holiday party tickets in advance again (without travel insurance, I guess). Thanks!

The OP wasn’t asking if they would get magic bands. They were asking if they would get plastic ticket cards for the people that don’t HAVE magic bands.

Yes, this is my question. I should have added that I booked Fastpasses for the rest of my party for the 7-10 window. They won't have magic bands. So... how do they use the FP? I think they would need a plastic ticket card, right? Any more reports of whether we'd get them at the turnstiles or need to hit guest services?

Yes, this is my question. I should have added that I booked Fastpasses for the rest of my party for the 7-10 window. They won't have magic bands. So... how do they use the FP? I think they would need a plastic ticket card, right? Any more reports of whether we'd get them at the turnstiles or need to hit guest services?
When we went Dh tried using his magic band and it didn’t work so after confirming we had tickets the guy at the turnstile gave him a plastic ticket. Ours actually said pick up at will call but they were able to scan right at the turnstile. I don’t think you should have any trouble with them getting the plastic cards there

We're passholders, and we went on June 20th, prior to when they gave our the passholder gift. I just did a chat with the VIPassholder site to ask about getting the ornament, and she told me that they are arranging to have the ornaments mailed to all passholders who attended the events prior to June 27th automatically, and that if I don't get them in the next 2-3 weeks to call them then. Has anyone else been told this? I'm kind of skeptical unless others start getting told the same thing.

We're passholders, and we went on June 20th, prior to when they gave our the passholder gift. I just did a chat with the VIPassholder site to ask about getting the ornament, and she told me that they are arranging to have the ornaments mailed to all passholders who attended the events prior to June 27th automatically, and that if I don't get them in the next 2-3 weeks to call them then. Has anyone else been told this? I'm kind of skeptical unless others start getting told the same thing.

I requested mine through the passholder line but have yet to receive it.

I requested mine through the passholder line but have yet to receive it.

I'm wondering if I should just call, I'm also being lazy (and I hate making phone calls) so part of me wants to simply believe them that it will just show up. If I were a betting person my money would be on them not just showing up in the next 2-3 weeks, but I would love to be wrong.

I'm wondering if I should just call, I'm also being lazy (and I hate making phone calls) so part of me wants to simply believe them that it will just show up. If I were a betting person my money would be on them not just showing up in the next 2-3 weeks, but I would love to be wrong.

Tomorrow will be 2 weeks since I called.

Any thoughts on if they are going to add dates for October for Magic Kingdom After Hours (Villians or not).

Any thoughts on if they are going to add dates for October for Magic Kingdom After Hours (Villians or not).

A lingering question in my mind is just why Disney didn't schedule PM EMHs in October. It could just be to offset the gobs of extra AM EMH hours they added in Sept & Oct. Or it could be to make room for a DAH night each week. If so it would be a first... but who really knows at this point. If they do add DAH, I think it would be regular DAH. Mixing VAH and MNSSHP seems sort of messy / mixed marketing to me. But what do I know!

A lingering question in my mind is just why Disney didn't schedule PM EMHs in October. It could just be to offset the gobs of extra AM EMH hours they added in Sept & Oct. Or it could be to make room for a DAH night each week. If so it would be a first... but who really knows at this point. If they do add DAH, I think it would be regular DAH. Mixing VAH and MNSSHP seems sort of messy / mixed marketing to me. But what do I know!

Most times, it seems like you know more than most customer service agents at the very least.

Hi all! Around what time(s) are the Villains saying goodbye at the train station?
Is the 1 am show more crowded than the previous shows?

Very possible. Disney is not announcing much in advance and keeping all its revenue options open for the Fall.

Hi all! Around what time(s) are the Villains saying goodbye at the train station?
Is the 1 am show more crowded than the previous shows?
The villains were out saying goodbye when we left the 1 am stage show at 1:20 ish. I'm not sure if they started at 1 am or not. I thought the 1 am show was still pretty crowded, but it isn't anything like normal firework crowds.

This event is very disappointing after the other After Hours events. It's past midnight and there are still 30 minute waits across the park, the walkways are crowded and food lines are long and slow. It doesn't really feel less crowded than it did prior to the event.

This event is very disappointing after the other After Hours events. It's past midnight and there are still 30 minute waits across the park, the walkways are crowded and food lines are long and slow. It doesn't really feel less crowded than it did prior to the event.
20 minute wait for jungle cruise? I’m not actually there so I don’t know if that’s legit but I sure hope not. The waits do look pretty long. 30 for SDMT, 25 for SM, 25 for pirates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter