**Disney After Hours-Hollywood Studios** FAQ & Discussion Thread

Sorry if I missed this reported upthread, but I noticed Disney updated the language on the DHS DAH website as follows:

“Charachter Greetings”

Now says...

“Charachter Greetings with Toy Story Land Pals, Mickey, Minnie, and Olaf”

I don’t like the specificity in the new wording! A part of me was/is hoping for some new/unusual ones out for DAH, but I guess that may be wishful thinking.

Thanks for this update. We will definitely do Launch Bay before closing. Hoping Mike and Sully don’t have a ridiculous line, either. We are focused on characters next trip!

Well, that's how some of these things happen, lol! I have been seriously considering coming down alone a day early to do the trifecta of DAH events so I am "following along" with the AK thread and the more I read, the more sense it seems to make!

Japan sounds exciting!
I’ll be doing all 3 events the week of my visit. This is the one thing I’m most excited for during my stay! It’s pricey without a doubt, luckily I’m only paying for myself and not a family of 4 or more. Even without knowing how the HS and AK events play out just to be able to bask in the emptiness of the parks will be worth it to me. If it’s in your means do all 3!

Thanks for this update. We will definitely do Launch Bay before closing. Hoping Mike and Sully don’t have a ridiculous line, either. We are focused on characters next trip!

Well, since Mike/Sully don't start until Jan, maybe there's still hope....

I was leaning toward doing DAH at HS once they announced the 8:30 PM start, but I still didn't want to give up my Artist Point Storybook Dining reservation for 7:40. I have had a reservation finder in with touring plans and was able to get a 4:40 PM reservation today, so we are in for 2/16. We are also doing DAH at MK on 2/14. No AK dates during our trip, but I am not sure I would do that one anyway.

Not all that important an update, but at some point today Disney updated the park calendar so it says “Special Ticketed Event: 8:30pm-11:30pm”. It had previously said 8-11 despite the 8:30-11:30 published event time. Park closing times are still 8pm, at the moment.

Add 30 mins to each time in the above statement for the last 5 dates that have 9-12 DAH hours.

FWIW!

Park closing times are still 8pm, at the moment.

I feel like Hollywood Studios needs that 30 minute buffer (due to how few attractions will be open) to get through the day guests that make it in standby at the last second. Can't wait to hit the first one on the 8th. I'll be flying in from a week long Ottawa work trip (I'm from the UK) at 9am and checking into AKL with a friend before heading out for the evening.

I hope I don't regret booking this on the basis I'm probably going to be tired as hell!

When I visit direct from the UK, the arrival day is usually a complete write off; the -5 hour time difference and 9 hour flight are absolute killer. I assume with me already being in the same time zone and only taking a 3 hour flight (at 7am) I should be good.... right? right?!

I feel like Hollywood Studios needs that 30 minute buffer (due to how few attractions will be open) to get through the day guests that make it in standby at the last second. Can't wait to hit the first one on the 8th.

I actually like the 30 minute buffer if they are going that route. Hope they do it for Animal Kingdom also as were doing both on our trip in December.

I agree. Seems too good to be true... that’s why I’m kind of suspicious! :rotfl2:

I feel like Hollywood Studios needs that 30 minute buffer (due to how few attractions will be open) to get through the day guests that make it in standby at the last second. Can't wait to hit the first one on the 8th. I'll be flying in from a week long Ottawa work trip (I'm from the UK) at 9am and checking into AKL with a friend before heading out for the evening.

I hope I don't regret booking this on the basis I'm probably going to be tired as hell!

When I visit direct from the UK, the arrival day is usually a complete write off; the -5 hour time difference and 9 hour flight are absolute killer. I assume with me already being in the same time zone and only taking a 3 hour flight (at 7am) I should be good.... right? right?!

I think you'll be good! You will have had some time to adjust to the time change, so you still might be tired, but you can head straight to AKL and get there mid-morning. Even if you can't get into your room, there are lots of quiet spots around the resort to relax and animal watch and rest up for the night!

I'm sure I missed it, but who is going 12/8? I'm anxious for reviews.

Me too!

I’ll be doing all 3 events the week of my visit. This is the one thing I’m most excited for during my stay! It’s pricey without a doubt, luckily I’m only paying for myself and not a family of 4 or more. Even without knowing how the HS and AK events play out just to be able to bask in the emptiness of the parks will be worth it to me. If it’s in your means do all 3!

Just catching up on this thread...that's awesome! Are you doing other parks during the day or just resting up?

I'm still considering it...I have two options: convince my husband to depart earlier in the day so we all can do MK on arrival night but that means the kids miss an extra day of school, OR, depart a day earlier by myself and do AK and MK alone...not sure what DH will think of either option but I can't shake thinking about it, lol!

Just catching up on this thread...that's awesome! Are you doing other parks during the day or just resting up?

I'm still considering it...I have two options: convince my husband to depart earlier in the day so we all can do MK on arrival night but that means the kids miss an extra day of school, OR, depart a day earlier by myself and do AK and MK alone...not sure what DH will think of either option but I can't shake thinking about it, lol!

Do the trifecta if you can! I’m still going to the parks during the day but I’m definitely not going to be rope dropping as originally planned. My hope is that I can ride everything I want to during after hours and can slow down a bit during the day. All my fast passes each day start at 10/10:30a and end around 1/2p. It gives me some time to sleep in after event nights.

Does anyone know if there are any locations inside HS to "check in" for the After Hours event? If your already inside the park? Similar to MK with the MNSSHP and MVMCP has multiple locations inside the park. Or does one need to return to the front gate? During the Star Wars Galactic Nights I was able to check in near the Great Movie Ride, maybe the same with this?

What are your opinions on the status of preshows during the DHS event? I have been to two MK After Hours events, but they don't really have any attractions with full pre-shows, so there's no precedent. If we want to ride Tower of Terror or Rock n Roller Coaster 5 times, will we be eating time in the pre-shows each time? It would make a big difference with the cost of even a few minutes. It would be nice if they just opened the rooms up so you could choose to watch them or not, but that wouldn't really work with them on a loop. But would they have only have a few guests in each pre-show loading area at a time..?

Think of the poor DAK attendees - that FoP pre-show takes like 15 minutes :sad2:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter