**Disney After Hours-Hollywood Studios** FAQ & Discussion Thread

There's always the option of doing DAH without it. As long as they are up front about it, I wouldn't mind. Sure, it would be a bummer, but I wouldn't want the ride breaking down to cost me an hour of my 3 hour event. So I'd understand. The event would still be popular.
I would absolutely do DAH without having GE be a part of it! I still see major value in doing DAH there. If they didn’t have GE included... Disney could plaster that information in big, bold, colorful letters on all parts of the booking process to try and catch everyone’s eye so they could limit the number of people disappointment.

I did notice the Star Wars dessert party is only bookable through February. The other park's dessert parties are bookable into May or longer. Maybe that means something? Or maybe I'm grasping at straws. :p

This is a priority for me if it does come back for our June trip.
HEA dessert party is bookable into July. It is really weird this one stops after February. People going in March are inside their FP window. Maybe there is something to this after all.

I didn't look at the schedule for all the dessert parties (since there's like 116 or so now) but is this normal for them to hold back on releasing a schedule for something they don't intend on changing? I mean if they are keeping things status quo with this party, there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to not allow reservations.

I'm not looking to book the dessert party, but it just doesn't seem very Disney to not allow people to book super early.

I think there is a good chance they plan to add RotR to the Star Wars dessert party. Just like FEA with the Frozen dessert party in Epcot.

Maybe March is the month for that and DAH at HS! I'm staying optimistic.

I think there is a good chance they plan to add RotR to the Star Wars dessert party. Just like FEA with the Frozen dessert party in Epcot.

Oh geez. They have to get it to be A LOT more reliable before they could even consider such a thing. I could see the Falcon ride maybe, but not ROTR. Plus, it's so far away from the front of the park, I'm just not sure. It would be cool, but I don't see it happening for quite awhile.

Agree with @Iowamomof4 no way anytime soon. SW Party only showed up 30 days in advance in 2017 when I went.

We have gone the last two years to the SW dessert party in May but I believe we couldn’t book it until around March each time, that party is always the slowest to add dates.
i would love to see a DHS AH with or without Galaxys Edge but I don’t see it happening anytime soon either.

With the new tier structure at HS, I'm still hopeful they add an AH event soon, but it's not as pressing now. Knowing we can pretty much do the park in 2 half days (towards the end of our trip, while hopefully scoring a BG for ROTR) makes things a little less stressful.
We'd still probably do it, but it won't be such a letdown to us anymore if they don't add them before our trip.

Last edited:
Well it’s Feb. 1st and no new announcements. I’m going from May 28th to the 31st and am close to pulling trigger on Villains and H20 with two days at HS. Would love to know if anything else will be announced as there’s plenty of time but if I don’t start nailing down reservations and plans now may mess things up or risk tickets selling out. Hard to know how much longer to wait.

As much as I suspect Disney would like to offer DHS DAH's galore to capitalize on their shiny new land/rand... I just don't see it happening in the near term until operational reliability of RotR improves.

That would be great! We plan on doing the dessert party.

Well it’s Feb. 1st and no new announcements. I’m going from May 28th to the 31st and am close to pulling trigger on Villains and H20 with two days at HS. Would love to know if anything else will be announced as there’s plenty of time but if I don’t start nailing down reservations and plans now may mess things up or risk tickets selling out. Hard to know how much longer to wait.
I know how you feel. It’s hard to plan when Disney wants to release things at the last minute . I have no idea how to make dining reservation. We plan on doing at least 2 AH events.

So not even a magic early morning in Toy Story Land. Too much anxiety trying to figure out how to ride two new rides. Would hate to spend all this money to see the new rides and not be able to ride them.

I don't think EMM will come back until they get done using the boarding groups for ROTR (and possibly MMRR when it opens next month). They aren't even doing EMH in the morning right now because of the issues they had.

Too much anxiety trying to figure out how to ride two new rides. Would hate to spend all this money to see the new rides and not be able to ride them.
I just can't come to terms with having to dedicate an entire day to HS in order to play the boarding group lottery. Especially after setting up / getting all the ADRs we wanted, back in October.

We will definitely show up before the park opens, but if we end up with a boarding group that won't be called until late afternoon / evening, we will probably just go on a few rides and then hop. Our week will be way too crowded to just hang out at HS standing in lines (after our FPs) with our fingers crossed they get to our BG. If we get lucky and can get a 4th, 5th etc FP, we'll probably stay, but again, very busy week and that's probably unlikely.

It's so strange to know you'd be willing to pay to ease the stress, but this is the one time Disney isn't trying to dig deeper into our wallets.

It's so strange to know you'd be willing to pay to ease the stress, but this is the one time Disney isn't trying to dig deeper into our wallets.
[/QUOTE]
So true. Many people, us included, have expressed a desire to have AH at HS even without Galaxys Edge, we loved AH at HS last year. And now we are all like......take our money please Disney, and nothing.

I just can't come to terms with having to dedicate an entire day to HS in order to play the boarding group lottery. Especially after setting up / getting all the ADRs we wanted, back in October.

We will definitely show up before the park opens, but if we end up with a boarding group that won't be called until late afternoon / evening, we will probably just go on a few rides and then hop. Our week will be way too crowded to just hang out at HS standing in lines (after our FPs) with our fingers crossed they get to our BG. If we get lucky and can get a 4th, 5th etc FP, we'll probably stay, but again, very busy week and that's probably unlikely.

But why do you have to devote an entire day? Once you get your boarding group you can go anywhere and do anything. They give you a 2 hour window to get back and you can keep an eye on current groups to have an idea when you might need to go back. You could do any park, or have a resort day.

So true. Many people, us included, have expressed a desire to have AH at HS even without Galaxys Edge, we loved AH at HS last year. And now we are all like......take our money please Disney, and nothing.
[/QUOTE]
Exactly this. DH and I have been wondering why they haven’t. So many people these last few weeks would have absolutely been fine with AH without GE, just to be able to ride the rides that Disney made all Tier 1.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter