**Disney After Hours - Animal Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

If the selling point for these after hours events is ride rides with short wait. I think they should charge less for the ones for DAK and DHS since they have much less number of rides in those parks.

That was my first reaction as well. I was sort of surprised that AK and DHS had the same price as MK, plus they rolled out a ton of dates, relatively speaking. They must be pretty confident in the product, or are over-shooting. I'm curious to see how it goes.

That was my first reaction as well. I was sort of surprised that AK and DHS had the same price as MK, plus they rolled out a ton of dates, relatively speaking. They must be pretty confident in the product, or are over-shooting. I'm curious to see how it goes.
I am afraid everyone bought the ticket to DAK will all head to that one ride, which will make the wait time just as long as normal day time.

So here we are, 5 days away from the first AK Disney After Hours event (it's next Tuesday, 12/4).

Some random observations that are interesting, to me at least:

- Tickets still aren't available online, only via phone. I'm sure Disney has some reason for doing their events this way, but just seems kind of crazy in this modern age.

- Park hours still show 8pm closing and 8:30-11:30 event hours. That 30 mins of 'extra' time is a great benefit to DAH guests, if that stays true.

- I'm curious to see how people feel about late night winter events at AK where temps could be in the 40's-50's. I love AK on hot summer night, need to adjust my expectations when it's cooler I guess.

- I'm keeping my eye on a couple of things... just what time they let people in (be it the official 7pm time or earlier)... if they have check-in stations for those already in the park... and just what restaurant and/or bar options will be open during DAH.

So, anyone on the thread going on 12/4? We need some volunteers for on the ground reporters! :goodvibes

So here we are, 5 days away from the first AK Disney After Hours event (it's next Tuesday, 12/4).

Some random observations that are interesting, to me at least:

- Tickets still aren't available online, only via phone. I'm sure Disney has some reason for doing their events this way, but just seems kind of crazy in this modern age.

- Park hours still show 8pm closing and 8:30-11:30 event hours. That 30 mins of 'extra' time is a great benefit to DAH guests, if that stays true.

- I'm curious to see how people feel about late night winter events at AK where temps could be in the 40's-50's. I love AK on hot summer night, need to adjust my expectations when it's cooler I guess.

- I'm keeping my eye on a couple of things... just what time they let people in (be it the official 7pm time or earlier)... if they have check-in stations for those already in the park... and just what restaurant and/or bar options will be open during DAH.

So, anyone on the thread going on 12/4? We need some volunteers for on the ground reporters! :goodvibes

Excited to hear some feedback on the 5th! We have ours for Dec 12th.

We are going on the 18th. We want to ride Everest several times more than FOP, but will ride if it is truly a short wait.

I just called WDW and the CM told me tickets were not yet available for 2/12 and 2/13.
Has anyone bought tickets for those nights? It IS still on the WDW website as an option. Is it possibly sold out? So many questions, so few answers...
And @GADisneyDad14, what makes you think cooler temps would be negative? I believe we were at the absolute coldest MK DAH last March, and except that we bought DD mittens and a hat it was great. (We also ate no ice cream, lol)
TIA

Last edited:
I just called WDW and the CM told me tickets were not yet available for 2/12 and 2/13.
Has anyone bought tickets for those nights? It IS still on the WDW website as an option. Is it pipossibits sold out? So many questions, so few answers...
And @GADisneyDad14, what makes you think cooler temps would be negative? I believe we were at the absolute coldest MK DAH last March, and except that we bought DD mittens and a hat it was great. (We also ate no ice cream, lol)
TIA
I bought for the week before. I would try calling again as it doesn’t sound right.

While checking for FastPasses on the 18th, our AK date, I noticed there are multiple Na'vi River Journey FastPasses available between 7pm -7:30pm this morning. My guess is that the park hours have moved to close at 8:30pm. It is still listed as an 8pm close on their website however. There would be no 30 minute "buffer" for those attending the After Hours party. I'll be interested to see any reports from the first Animal Kingdom After Hours Party.

While checking for FastPasses on the 18th, our AK date, I noticed there are multiple Na'vi River Journey FastPasses available between 7pm -7:30pm this morning. My guess is that the park hours have moved to close at 8:30pm. It is still listed as an 8pm close on their website however. There would be no 30 minute "buffer" for those attending the After Hours party. I'll be interested to see any reports from the first Animal Kingdom After Hours Party.

Did the FP return window for the 7:30 FP end at 8:00 or at 8:30? We've had 30-minute windows with near-closing FPs before.

I am also anxiously awaiting reports from the upcoming after hours events. I think the event may see minor changes over time as DAK adjusts to the after hours event and the event adjusts to DAK. If the number of tickets sold is low compared to those parks with more attractions, I will be happy.

I'm a little curious about when the media day will be and whether those attendees will count against the attendance cap. I vaguely remember crowd complaints on the DHS EMM media day but can't remember if it was the very first day. Here's hoping it's not the second!

Yep... time for something new in the evolution of Disney After Hours! Very curious to see how this goes down and to see Guest reaction.

As a reminder, inquiring minds (meaning, me) would love to hear any reports on....

- What time they let guests in the park with a DAH ticket
- If there are any in-park credential pick-up stations
- How transportation goes after the event
- The park closes at 8pm and the event starts at 8:30pm... I’m assuming that means an extra bonus 30 minutes of ride time for DAH guests?
- Would love a screen shot of any DAH info/pamphlet they hand out

Sorry... I know I’m being needy!

Thanks all. For those going, I hope it turns out to be a fun / worth it event.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter