**Disney After Hours - Animal Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

Got mine for August 5. So excited. I had immediately started rearranging things when I saw this date released. We are also going to Villains on Aug 8. First time we will have gone to any of the DAH nights. We are usually there during Spring Break and I don't remember ever seeing them offered.

Just purchased our tickets for September. I am a little worried about the wait for Fop. Last year when we went to DAH there was a 30 minute buffer between park close and the start of DAH, I now see that it starts immediately when park closes. That 30 minute buffer was nice to clear out day guests.

From Page 1:
FPs with a DAH Ticket
  • FPs are not available during the DAH event, all rides are standby only.
  • DAH tickets will allow for FP booking during regular park hours, so - if you have no other FPs booked that day - one could book FPs during with a DAH ticket during the regular park hours before the event.
  • HOWEVER, there can be issues when doing this, as has been happening for some people with MNSSHP and MVMCP events since 2017. Booking FPs with DAH tickets in combination with certain trip details/configurations can potentially cause Disney's system to flag your account for insufficient ticket entitlements and you will receive a warning that your last day of FPs will be cancelled if you do not address the problem.
  • Who and exactly why people get this warning remains elusive.
  • Bottom line - if you choose to book FPs with your DAH ticket entitlement and you have FPs booked on other days with regular park admission - you have some potential risk of receiving this warning... so keep an eye out.

Ah ha! I missed that. Thank you! Not a big deal either way - we have AK FPs for a couple days later for the morning, so we'll still get to do the stuff that's closed during DAH. I was mostly thinking of an extra safari trip.

Just bought our tickets for July 2nd! So excited they're offering things during July 4th week -- I figured with the busy-ness they might skip it, but we've got MK: Villains on the 1st and now AK on the 2nd! Can't wait -- seems like a great way to tour without the daytime heat!

We always love nights at the parks the most anyway, but touring without the sun contributing to even worse heat is such a huge benefit, we couldn't pass these events up! Like you, we're doing MK and AK. I actually wanted to do HS as well, but it didn't fit with our plans, so we have EMM for that one. AK especially is always so unbearably hot - worse than everywhere else to us for some reason, that I'm really looking forward to being there when the temperature is slightly more bearable.

Just bought our tickets for July 2nd! So excited they're offering things during July 4th week -- I figured with the busy-ness they might skip it, but we've got MK: Villains on the 1st and now AK on the 2nd! Can't wait -- seems like a great way to tour without the daytime heat!
See you both nights!! :wave2:
We have done July and August before, so we know the melting effect. 🥵 SO happy to have night time options and during the 4th of July week!!

We always love nights at the parks the most anyway, but touring without the sun contributing to even worse heat is such a huge benefit, we couldn't pass these events up! Like you, we're doing MK and AK. I actually wanted to do HS as well, but it didn't fit with our plans, so we have EMM for that one. AK especially is always so unbearably hot - worse than everywhere else to us for some reason, that I'm really looking forward to being there when the temperature is slightly more bearable.
We're the same! Especially night in AK -- the last time we did DAH there, we ended up leaving right after closing and being the only people in Pandora for a while. It was pretty magical. And yeah, it's definitely the hottest of the four parks -- so glad this takes the pressure off trying to squeeze as much touring as possible into 9-11am and 6-9pm!

See you both nights!! :wave2:
We have done July and August before, so we know the melting effect. 🥵 SO happy to have night time options and during the 4th of July week!!

See you there! I've been in the summer before (teacher, so I'm a slave to the holiday calendar), but never during 4th of July week and reading things had me getting more and more nervous about the crowds + heat. Glad these two events will give us some lower crowded times during the cooler part of the day! It'll help us fortify for the 3rd at MK and the 4th at Epcot. Yikes!

I have tickets for Aug 12. I'm planning to use my FP at Epcot in the morning and park hop to AK before the 7pm entry time. We would like to do the evening safari. I'm assuming I'll be able to get something as a 4th FP for AK, but not the safari. We'll check in for the party and then head to the standby safari line. Does anyone have any experience doing this on a party night? I'm starting to second guess my plans .. wondering if I should use my FP at AK this day instead.

I have tickets for Aug 12. I'm planning to use my FP at Epcot in the morning and park hop to AK before the 7pm entry time. We would like to do the evening safari. I'm assuming I'll be able to get something as a 4th FP for AK, but not the safari. We'll check in for the party and then head to the standby safari line. Does anyone have any experience doing this on a party night? I'm starting to second guess my plans .. wondering if I should use my FP at AK this day instead.
Same night as us! We’re planning a 1900 PF late breakfast and pool day that day so will probably try to use the DAH ticket for FP. There seems to be mixed reports on that so if it works great and if not that’s fine too.

Wondering the same thing about the safari. Thinking the standby would be too long, though. We have another AK day 2 days later and have a morning FP for the safari that day. AK DAH is our only HS day, and I'm definitely not giving up our TOT FPs, so we don't have another option.

We're the same! Especially night in AK -- the last time we did DAH there, we ended up leaving right after closing and being the only people in Pandora for a while. It was pretty magical. And yeah, it's definitely the hottest of the four parks -- so glad this takes the pressure off trying to squeeze as much touring as possible into 9-11am and 6-9pm!

See you there! I've been in the summer before (teacher, so I'm a slave to the holiday calendar), but never during 4th of July week and reading things had me getting more and more nervous about the crowds + heat. Glad these two events will give us some lower crowded times during the cooler part of the day! It'll help us fortify for the 3rd at MK and the 4th at Epcot. Yikes!

I'm a teacher, too! That's why we brave the heat in the first place! Summer is always going to be the cheapest and easiest time to do WDW for us...

What time is the safari now that it is "summer"? Considering after hours in June, will arrive at 7, wondering if we could do the safari before it closes.

What time is the safari now that it is "summer"? Considering after hours in June, will arrive at 7, wondering if we could do the safari before it closes.
Will be there this coming Tuesday and we got one for 6:45-7:45..close at 9. When I first booked it -less than 30 days away- I think it was available until 8:30 or even 9?

I'm doing DAH on June 18 and I got a fastpass for the safari for 7:20-8:20pm. Looks like the safari closes at 9:00pm.

I have been going back and forth on whether or not I want to do DAK AH and am completely on the fence, I just REALLY can't make up my mind. I'm solo and it's a short trip so I'm trying to squeeze as much in as possible in to 4 days, I have a FP for FOP for my last day but something about this event keeps calling to me (might be FOMO, who knows lol). My one HUGE reservation is that AK is so dark at night that it scares me a bit to think about being at the event alone in the dark, it's just not as lit up as MK is and that bothers me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter