Disney’s Magic Band FAQ Link

I have a trip in the next couple of days and I noticed that some of my families MBs are listed as "Void" on the website and do not show up on the app at all. What does this mean?

The MB's aren't that old (from 2020-2022) so I'm wondering how it got to that status??
I checked mine and I also have some marked as "Void". The ones that are I had previously made "Inactive" as I don't use those particular bands any longer. If you want/need to use yours that show as "Void", you would need to call Disney to see what's going on with them.

I checked mine and I also have some marked as "Void". The ones that are I had previously made "Inactive" as I don't use those particular bands any longer. If you want/need to use yours that show as "Void", you would need to call Disney to see what's going on with them.

Thanks!

My MagicBand+ is indicating (thru MDE) there is an update available - I thought I'd seen somewhere Not to do the update, but maybe that was old info. Does anyone know if we should do the current update or is there some downside? We just use to tap in - could care less about the statues and light functions ;)

P.S. To someone who said they wanted other designs - look on Ebay - others have done the same as we did, moved the pucks to holders for watches or backpacks and are not using the band part anymore, you can buy a different band cheaper that way once you have the puck. Just be sure it's the right shape (+ or not) and that they've not removed part of the band (snap off) to have it fit a child or small wrist unless you want it that way too.

My MagicBand+ is indicating (thru MDE) there is an update available - I thought I'd seen somewhere Not to do the update, but maybe that was old info. Does anyone know if we should do the current update or is there some downside? We just use to tap in - could care less about the statues and light functions ;)
I don't see a need to update if you don't care any any of the interactive features. I've loaded any updates for my MB+ without issue. The only posts I've seen for not being able to update a MB+ seems to be with Android phones. Not sure if it's a MDE issue or an issue with the particular model of phone or version of the Android operating system.

The only posts I've seen for not being able to update a MB+ seems to be with Android phones. Not sure if it's a MDE issue or an issue with the particular model of phone or version of the Android operating system.
We have Android phones - maybe that’s why someone said not to update our MB+ bands… hopefully, someone who has updated recently will share their experience. Again, this is updating the Band, not the App.

How long does the charge last on the MagicBand+? Is needing to charge them annoying? We have still been using really old MagicBands (I think maybe 2018/2019). They no longer work for any of the long range stuff. I didn't want to get the new ones because the charging sounds like a pain. It's already enough to keep up with all the kids devices/phones/smart watches that need to be charged every day. This just seems like something else. But now I am reconsidering. Thoughts?

I just ordered ahead on the app for $34.99 (Oswald), so that should be good to go. I may have to pick up another if the designs are so many I just have to have another. ;)
Yes, i quoted myself. lol

My MB+ was bought under the first of 3 resorts, will it automatically work for all 3 resorts, & everywhere for my trip.? I only ask because of the other resorts listed on my trip want to sell me another magic band, but I'm guessing that's just sales tactics, no kind of necessity?

Yes, i quoted myself. lol

My MB+ was bought under the first of 3 resorts, will it automatically work for all 3 resorts, & everywhere for my trip.? I only ask because of the other resorts listed on my trip want to sell me another magic band, but I'm guessing that's just sales tactics, no kind of necessity?
Correct, not needed unless you want to coordinate with different clothing, etc. The other resorts are offering them because the system doesn’t tell them you already have one, and hey, they might sell another!

Is there anything important that we would miss out on by not having MB+? We have a trip coming up next month and my husband and I aren't crazy about any of the designs available (we have been checking for new ones) and we are considering just getting the plain colored MB2.0 rather than spending so much on bands we feel meh about. We really couldn't care less about them lighting up during fireworks and we will be traveling with our toddler so playing anything in Galaxy's Edge isn't gonna happen lol.

Is there anything important that we would miss out on by not having MB+? We have a trip coming up next month and my husband and I aren't crazy about any of the designs available (we have been checking for new ones) and we are considering just getting the plain colored MB2.0 rather than spending so much on bands we feel meh about. We really couldn't care less about them lighting up during fireworks and we will be traveling with our toddler so playing anything in Galaxy's Edge isn't gonna happen lol.
To me, no, you won’t miss out on anything by not having a MB+. DH has one, I don’t, and getting the statues to “do something” last January was fun but nothing we’d have felt bad about missing. The only issue with MB2 is you can’t charge them, so eventually they stop linking ride photos to your MDE account, but that won’t be an issue until several years from now - and there are alternatives like MDE being able to use Bluetooth on your phone.

To me, no, you won’t miss out on anything by not having a MB+. DH has one, I don’t, and getting the statues to “do something” last January was fun but nothing we’d have felt bad about missing. The only issue with MB2 is you can’t charge them, so eventually they stop linking ride photos to your MDE account, but that won’t be an issue until several years from now - and there are alternatives like MDE being able to use Bluetooth on your phone.
I appreciate it! Linking with Bluetooth is something new to me that I learned thanks to this thread! We have MB2 from our trip in Jan 2020 and we were unsure about if there battery power would still be good after 4 years. We would buy new ones for our upcoming trip, and it is much easier to swallow the price of plain colored MB2!

Has anyone had an issue ordering the discounted Magic Bands on MDE? I ordered 2 for myself 19 days out from our trip but I never got charged and never received a confirmation. Photos of the bands I ordered are showing right below my avatar for each reservation on MDE when I go into My Magic Bands and Cards but that's it. :confused:

Well, I figured out why my MB 2 order didn't initially go through but I made a mistake when ordering the second band because it is being shipped but I won't be here, I'll be in WDW. I should have waited. Is there a way to change from Shipping to Resort Delivery now that I've ordered? I'll never get the band in 6 days. If it arrives when I'm not here, I probably should deactivate it.

I just found out that USPS is the final delivery method so I should be fine since we have a mail hold while we're away.

Last edited:
Well, I figured out why my MB 2 order didn't initially go through but I made a mistake when ordering the second band because it is being shipped but I won't be here, I'll be in WDW. I should have waited. Is there a way to change from Shipping to Resort Delivery now that I've ordered? I'll never get the band in 6 days. If it arrives when I'm not here, I probably should deactivate it.

I just found out that USPS is the final delivery method so I should be fine since we have a mail hold while we're away.

This was last year, and I accidentally ordered MB2 instead of MB+.

Tried to cancel the order and they said I couldn't because they'd already shipped. It was literally the day after I ordered them that I tried to cancel and yes, they had shipped that fast.

I know they also won't cancel 'personalized items' so I assume that even if they hadn't shipped they probably would have said no because of that anyway.

This was last year, and I accidentally ordered MB2 instead of MB+.

Tried to cancel the order and they said I couldn't because they'd already shipped. It was literally the day after I ordered them that I tried to cancel and yes, they had shipped that fast.

I know they also won't cancel 'personalized items' so I assume that even if they hadn't shipped they probably would have said no because of that anyway.
I knew I probably couldn't cancel but I just wanted to change to pickup at the resort but I wasn't able to. No problem though if USPS is the final method of delivery. I just checked and it states the band is on its way for delivery between 12/18-12/20. The USPS hold starts on 12/19 so I'd be very surprised if I received it before then.

Last edited:
Hi all, read the sticky on the first page and some of the more recent commentary.

To clarify from the sticky post on page 1:

"2. May we use old MagicBands?
Yes, however battery life on the mb typically lasts up to 2 years, although posters have reported lasting longer. The battery is needed for attraction photos where the attraction senses your mb. Even with the battery expired, the mb will work on tapstiles. OR as long as you have the MDE app on your phone and the Bluetooth is ON, they will send the photo to your phone (it will be on your MDE account), bypassing the need of a new battery."

Is this still true? If so, am I understanding correctly that my magic band 'experience' will be exactly as it was before (ride photos and all) if I use an old magic band from January 2020 and turn my bluetooth on my phone on with the My Disney Experience app open? I assume the MDE app has to be OPEN or just on my phone?

Second question:

If I buy a magic band + for our upcoming trip in January, am I correct in thinking that as long as Disney still uses the magic band system, this new magic band would ALWAYS work for future trips since the battery is rechargeable? I realize they may come out with further functionality for magic band + 2.0infinity or something, but my magic band + should always work for magic band + functions at bare minimum.

Thank you!

Hi all, read the sticky on the first page and some of the more recent commentary.

To clarify from the sticky post on page 1:

"2. May we use old MagicBands?
Yes, however battery life on the mb typically lasts up to 2 years, although posters have reported lasting longer. The battery is needed for attraction photos where the attraction senses your mb. Even with the battery expired, the mb will work on tapstiles. OR as long as you have the MDE app on your phone and the Bluetooth is ON, they will send the photo to your phone (it will be on your MDE account), bypassing the need of a new battery."

Is this still true? If so, am I understanding correctly that my magic band 'experience' will be exactly as it was before (ride photos and all) if I use an old magic band from January 2020 and turn my bluetooth on my phone on with the My Disney Experience app open? I assume the MDE app has to be OPEN or just on my phone?

Second question:

If I buy a magic band + for our upcoming trip in January, am I correct in thinking that as long as Disney still uses the magic band system, this new magic band would ALWAYS work for future trips since the battery is rechargeable? I realize they may come out with further functionality for magic band + 2.0infinity or something, but my magic band + should always work for magic band + functions at bare minimum.

Thank you!
Post 1 is current information but, photos are never guaranteed. Many guests do not receive their ride photos, even with a new MB+, bluetooth on, MDE app open, etc. At best it's hit or miss unfortunately.

Unfortunately I cannot answer question 2 as nothing is guaranteed to ALWAYS work.

I knew I probably couldn't cancel but I just wanted to change to pickup at the resort but I wasn't able to. No problem though if USPS is the final method of delivery. I just checked and it states the band is on its way for delivery between 12/18-12/20. The USPS hold starts on 12/19 so I'd be very surprised if I received it before then.

If you sign up for USPS 'Informed Delivery' it will track the package through the system. That might let you know if it gets to the post office sooner than the 18th. It also gives you the option to say "hold for pickup". It also sends you pics of the mail that's going to be delivered each day so you know if you need to rush to the mailbox because a credit card or a check is arriving or if it's just a bunch of junk mail.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter