Disney’s Magic Band FAQ Link

There are some really cute "Pre-Arrival" Magic Bands on MDE. They feature the lands of the MK. Has anyone gotten these yet? Are they tiny, just for kids? Or would they fit an adult-sized wrist?

There are some really cute "Pre-Arrival" Magic Bands on MDE. They feature the lands of the MK. Has anyone gotten these yet? Are they tiny, just for kids? Or would they fit an adult-sized wrist?
All MagicBands fit both adults and kids.

There is a piece that is removable for children.

Technical question I’m hoping someone can answer:

Does anyone know what USB generation standard the MB+ uses (1.1, 2.0, 3.0, 3.1, etc)?

Does anyone know the maximum charging current used by MB+?

Since a device, the cable, and the charger will all only work to the capacity of the slowest/least powerful element, I want to make sure I get a power strip that provides the maximum wattage the MB+ will accept through the USB connection.

I see a lot of comments about MB+ charging slow and I’m wondering if it’s a power issue. Especially since a lot of power strips with USB ports don’t necessarily provide the most powerful charging capabilities. And ones that actually supply a lot of power through multiple USB ports can get pricy.

Technical question I’m hoping someone can answer:

Does anyone know what USB generation standard the MB+ uses (1.1, 2.0, 3.0, 3.1, etc)?

Does anyone know the maximum charging current used by MB+?

Since a device, the cable, and the charger will all only work to the capacity of the slowest/least powerful element, I want to make sure I get a power strip that provides the maximum wattage the MB+ will accept through the USB connection.

I see a lot of comments about MB+ charging slow and I’m wondering if it’s a power issue. Especially since a lot of power strips with USB ports don’t necessarily provide the most powerful charging capabilities. And ones that actually supply a lot of power through multiple USB ports can get pricy.
I plug it into my old Galaxy high speed charger. Takes about 2 hours to charge for me.

When I'm in MDE and I go to "shop magic bands", it brings me right to Shopdisney.com. There aren't a lot of choices for MB+'s and there is only 1 solid color available. Should I wait and purchase them on my 1st day om the parks? I'm guessing the stores in the parks have a lot more to choose from?

When I'm in MDE and I go to "shop magic bands", it brings me right to Shopdisney.com. There aren't a lot of choices for MB+'s and there is only 1 solid color available. Should I wait and purchase them on my 1st day om the parks? I'm guessing the stores in the parks have a lot more to choose from?
Are you staying onsite or offsite?

Ok. While I have a magic band 2 that I used in 2021 and it probably would work still, I decided to get my granddaughter and I new magic band for our upcoming trip. Wanted a souvenir, wanted to make sure we still got ride photos in case the battery was weak after 2 years etc.

I'm looking at the magic band plus on shop disney and there is a very limited selection, plus I don't think I'm even going to use the extra features, don't care about blinking during shows ( I'm watching the show, not my wrist, in fact I think that would be annoying), don't care about interacting with statues or bounty hunting in Galaxy's Edge, and really don't want something else to charge.

So, I figured I'd just buy the Magic Band 2 again. But ... since they are hyping the MB+, are they still making new MB2? Or are the ones I see just old stock? And how do I know they aren't as old as the 2 yr old one I have at home? Are there certain ones that were released recently that I should look for?

My opinion, if you used your current bands in 21, you're not going to have any issue using them in 23. We have a few that are 4-5 years old that still work for us.

Is it typical that the Magic Bands available for pre-arrival purchase (in the app) differ from what’s available on the Shop Disney site? Does the availability shift from one to the other over time ie if I see it on Shop Disney will it eventually be available for pre-arrival purchase? (I’m in Canada if that matters…)

Looking to purchase a specific Magic Band that I can see on the website but it’s not available under pre-arrival in MDE.

If you purchase a magic band with a resort reservation on the disney website, it is shipped and received but then you have to cancel the trip - is the magic band still good? I mean, you can still use it towards another trip correct?

If you purchase a magic band with a resort reservation on the disney website, it is shipped and received but then you have to cancel the trip - is the magic band still good? I mean, you can still use it towards another trip correct?
The MagicBand will still work for future trips.

I was just on MDE and I noticed that the old MagicBands (not the MagicBand+) are few and far between. Do they ever replenish the stock on MDE or are they doing away with the older version? I just need one, for my son, and he doesn't need or want the MagicBand+.

I have the same question. We're not interested in MB+ and just want to buy "regular" MBs. But I didn't see very many available on MDE. If it's unlikely MDE will stock more, do they sell them at WDW?

I don't see this specifically so can anyone confirm, if using an old (2019) MB1, as long as the band is active and linked to a person who also has a linked ticket in MDE I don't have to do anything else for them to work for park entry, correct? I just got a whole email from Disney about setting up a mobile magic pass or whatever and my 7 and 9 year olds obviously do not have those so I just wanted them to be able to use their old bands for park entry and tapstiles for rides if we buy Genie+. No Play Parks or Bluetooth stuff.

I don't see this specifically so can anyone confirm, if using an old (2019) MB1, as long as the band is active and linked to a person who also has a linked ticket in MDE I don't have to do anything else for them to work for park entry, correct? I just got a whole email from Disney about setting up a mobile magic pass or whatever and my 7 and 9 year olds obviously do not have those so I just wanted them to be able to use their old bands for park entry and tapstiles for rides if we buy Genie+. No Play Parks or Bluetooth stuff.
Yep, their 2019 MBs will work for park entry and also for tapping into LLs or VQ. Just won’t link ride photos that don’t have a place to tap, like Seven Dwarfs. You don’t have to do anything.

Following to see if I can buy my husband a plain magic band. He does not want something else requiring charging every night.

Following to see if I can buy my husband a plain magic band. He does not want something else requiring charging every night.
Last weekend the shops in the Swan, Riviera, and Caribbean Beach had the solid color MB2. We couldn’t find any of these at the parks (other than expensive special edition versions) but a cast member said the store at Disney Springs had the biggest selection of both types.

Last weekend the shops in the Swan, Riviera, and Caribbean Beach had the solid color MB2. We couldn’t find any of these at the parks (other than expensive special edition versions) but a cast member said the store at Disney Springs had the biggest selection of both types.
Do you know what store at Disney Springs, I really only want a solid color MB2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter