Disney’s Magic Band FAQ Link

What is the average time frame for receiving the 'special' magicband+'s? We ordered four total: one Magicband 2, one solid color Magicband+ on 8/11/22 and received them last week. We also ordered a Tinkerbell Magicband+ and a Partners Magicband+ on 7/27/22 and they are still in progress. Any ideas of when the other two might ship? We leave 9/27/22, so we're hoping the other two get here in time.

What is the average time frame for receiving the 'special' magicband+'s? We ordered four total: one Magicband 2, one solid color Magicband+ on 8/11/22 and received them last week. We also ordered a Tinkerbell Magicband+ and a Partners Magicband+ on 7/27/22 and they are still in progress. Any ideas of when the other two might ship? We leave 9/27/22, so we're hoping the other two get here in time.
From what I have read (another forum) delivery timings have been all over the place.

If they don't arrive in time, some folks have pressed for some compensation, but you still have lots of time yet.

I'll let you know, we received our bands, but they never worked properly for us. It was a pain trying to get them to work, and they never all worked at the same time. We have Android devices. We were also told it 'helps' if all the devices are fully charged, during a 2 hour visit to GS.

They worked like the original bands, and they sometimes lit up or worked w/ the statues but only intermittently. One would work, then it would unpair, and not want to pair back up. We'd get another to work for a day, then that one would stop working.

They also popped off very easily.

The hack to keep them from falling off is to use a rubber band to secure them to your wrist.

Does anyone know how long a full charge of the MagicBand+ will last? Is this something we need to charge every night, or every other, etc.? Thank you!
We had to charge ours every night.

They weren't 'dead', but they were even less likely to sync as the charge went down. Maybe if you have Apple it is not as bad.

We also sometimes charged them if we went to the room mid-day. I found my phone needed more charging that prior visits, but maybe I used MDE more and our phones are getting older, so my battery is not as new as it once was.

I rarely used a powerbank before, but used it most days this visit.

My band arrived barely charged. I couldn’t pair it until charged. I don’t know if it was me or the charger, but it wasn’t charging at first. If it’s blinking, it’s charging.

Once it charged, it paired via Bluetooth.

Then I had to do an update. The update took about 3 minutes. But friends have said theirs took only seconds.

I bought a solid blue.

Once paired, you can see the battery life, change color scheme, and use other settings.

Friends who have played the Bounty Hunter game in Galaxy’s Edge report their band lasted about 2 hours before needing to be recharged.

I’ll be using mine tonight for the first time.

Once I use mine, I’ll be updating post 2 with MB+ info.

Something interesting: The mb+ comes with a little leaflet. There is a QR code. When I clicked for the QR code, it gave me a link to buy radiator hoses. When dh or ds clicked it, a number showed up and nothing more. Has anyone else tried the QR code?

ETA: took about 90 minutes to charge mine once I realized the light needed to be blinking.
You had better experience than we did. Our update took longer, but the bands had trouble fully connecting. We tried everything, even deleting MDE and reinstalling it.

I order (2) bands the Mickey Mouse "Dad" MagicBand+ and Mickey Mouse and Friends Magic Band 2 on August 8, 2022. I received them on August 10, 2022. I paid for the 2 day shipping. Since I was leaving on August 19, 2022 to Florida (Driving).

Mine was fully charged and when I left MK on August 22, 2022 for the day total 11-12 hours I have not put it on the charger yet. Then again I only use my band for the lighting lane (fast lane ride pass).

Last edited:

I order (2) bands the Mickey Mouse "Dad" MagicBand+ and Mickey Mouse and Friends Magic Band 2 on August 8, 2022. I received them on August 10, 2022. I paid for the 2 day shipping. Since I was leaving on August 19, 2022 to Florida (Driving).

Mine was fully charged and when I left MK on August 22, 2022 for the day total 11-12 hours I have not put it on the charger yet. Then again I only use my band for the lighting lane (fast lane ride pass).
The fastest drain on the battery seems to be the bounty hunter game at DHS.

Does anyone know if you can turn the new Magic band + off? I got it hooked to my phone and we're not going on our trip for awhile, so I'd like to turn it off.

So I have a few questions. We are a family of 3 and our MagicBand+ just arrived today. In the past we have always ever just had 1 MDE account in my name and my wife and daughter just logged into my account on their phone. Can we still do it this way with the new bands or do they need to have their own MDE account?

And are you required to link the new bands to your phone with Bluetooth, or is it only required if you want to play the games around the parks?

You had better experience than we did. Our update took longer, but the bands had trouble fully connecting. We tried everything, even deleting MDE and reinstalling it.
Android or iPhone? Been hearing that MB+ have a very tough time pairing with Android.

I ordered our pre-arrival MagicBand+'s just after midnight eastern on 7/27 for our Oct 2 check-in trip. We selected the Partner's 50th, Tink, and Grogu. Ours are out for delivery today according to the USPS tracking. I got the notification they shipped, with the tracking number, about a week ago.

Our friends who are going with us go theirs on Wednesday. My Father-in-Law, who arrives for his trip a few days after we do, got his on Wednesday too. They both ordered theirs after I ordered mine. (I messaged them to say they were available). I think they ordered the next morning. I don't recall which bands they selected.

BUT I have been reading of lots of different wait times.

Last edited:
So I have a few questions. We are a family of 3 and our MagicBand+ just arrived today. In the past we have always ever just had 1 MDE account in my name and my wife and daughter just logged into my account on their phone. Can we still do it this way with the new bands or do they need to have their own MDE account?

And are you required to link the new bands to your phone with Bluetooth, or is it only required if you want to play the games around the parks?
I have the same question.

Our son (13) is on my account, our Friend who is traveling with us has his 8 year old son on his account. Both kids have their own phones, although to date our son hasn't had the Disney app on his phone, and our friend's son hasn't had it on his.

We are thinking about games and interactions in the parks, and what is the best way to be setup?

We received our MB+ last Thursday. I have charged mine no less then 3 times and it does not hold a charge at all. I remove it and it goes red when I try to pair it to my MDE. My husbands is "green" after charging and has stayed "green". Am I doing anything wrong? Or did I maybe just get a "bad" band?

We received our MB+ last Thursday. I have charged mine no less then 3 times and it does not hold a charge at all. I remove it and it goes red when I try to pair it to my MDE. My husbands is "green" after charging and has stayed "green". Am I doing anything wrong? Or did I maybe just get a "bad" band?
Others are reporting challenges with MB+. I would recommend reviewing some of the other Mb+ threads to see if others have experienced similar and possibly have suggestions.

Mine doesn’t hold a charge either. And charging it doesn’t work half the time. So this is what I’ve learned about my band. The connection doesn’t always work. If my band isn’t flashing when initially plugged in, the connection isn’t happening. If it is flashing, then it’s charging. Once there is a solid color around the band, then mine is fully charged. Over night, mine loses its charge.

Just curious, what band did you choose? I chose a solid navy band.

Mine doesn’t hold a charge either. And charging it doesn’t work half the time. So this is what I’ve learned about my band. The connection doesn’t always work. If my band isn’t flashing when initially plugged in, the connection isn’t happening. If it is flashing, then it’s charging. Once there is a solid color around the band, then mine is fully charged. Over night, mine loses its charge.

Just curious, what band did you choose? I chose a solid navy band.
I think what is happening with yours is happening with mine also. I am trying to make sure it is flashing when I plug it in.

I chose the cream colored one plain. My husband has the solid navy band. So far his seems to be keeping a charge.

I am going to see what happens leading up to our trip. Disney planning is none to easy these days for an old timer lol

I think what is happening with yours is happening with mine also. I am trying to make sure it is flashing when I plug it in.

I chose the cream colored one plain. My husband has the solid navy band. So far his seems to be keeping a charge.

I am going to see what happens leading up to our trip. Disney planning is none to easy these days for an old timer lol
I used mine last night at Epcot. Took hours to charge. But worked art evening. Harmonious drained quite a bit of battery.

I ordered the Avengers Magicband+ from shopdisney on August 28. It took ten days to reach me in SE Michigan. I am charging it now using a MyCharge portable power bank. The band periodically flashes green, so I gather the charging is going okay. I dread the impending agony of defeat when I try to get this thing to talk to my Android phone. Hoping for the best.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter