Dismeet in the Smokies 2021! Y'all Come!

Choosing a name for our upcoming trip!

• Dismeet in the Smokies 2021

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Rocky Top Dismeet 2021

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Pigeon Forge Dismeet 2021

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Dosmeet in the Mountains 2021

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dis Mountain Meet 2021

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Country Bear Vacation Hoedown 2021

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well we are in the traffic of Chattanooga 24 and 75. It’s slow but not much I can do about it.

Got out great at 9:30 but had issues with the lube pump so we have stopped a lot.

Right now though is Chattanooga then it’s easier for a while.

Our goal is to be finished packing tomorrow night so we can roll out Friday afternoon when I get off work. We'll be doing our customary stay at The Cove RV Campground just outside Gadsden, AL and then roll on up to PF on Saturday morning. Looking forward to seeing everyone!!!

We are staying at The Cove also ... you will be a day ahead of us.

The masterminds ride again!
View attachment 579578
Randy brought the "little" truck? That's no fun. :)
We are here. Drive was ok had rain all of TN. Took 5 hours.

Fridge has no power on 120 volt. It was running when we had the generator on but plugged into shore and nothing. Checking fuses but not sure what else to check.
Glad you made it!

See if your inverter is on. My refrigerator runs on its own circuit. May be something stuck through the transfer switch.

j

We have arrived and set up at Douglas Dam (Headwater) Campground. It is a TVA lake/campground.

As I said this will be a 2-night layover for us. Note in the picture that the front of camper is cranked down pretty low to get it close to level. This row of campsites is cut into a bank and only about the back 10-15' is relatively flat. But we is fine.

Kris, we had about 3 hours of hard rain too on the way up. It started in the corner of GA on I59 and at the 59/24 merge all lanes on both interstate came to a halt and we sat in the rain for 55 minutes. And sat. And sat. Come to find out the first exit in GA there was where the problem was. Traffic only ran 30-40mph in the rain thru Chattanooga and up Missionary Ridge.

Gonna relax and unwind a little.

Bama Ed

Still working on fridge but also have another problem. Toilet seal is not sealing so losing water. I know I can google how to fix it myself but where can I get a new seal? Walmart?

Still working on fridge but also have another problem. Toilet seal is not sealing so losing water. I know I can google how to fix it myself but where can I get a new seal? Walmart?

There is a camping world up that way in Knoxville but it's probably a good 45 mins-hour away from PF. There is a Pigeon Forge Hardware store off McGill street right behind Waldens Landing (Lumberjack Fued/Five Guys/Calhouns/The Tomb). Might have better luck than Walmart.

If you need a fridge to borrow for the trip, let me know before tomorrow afternoon and I can bring our RV outdoor kitchen fridge. Was going to leave it here but can def. bring it if you need.

Kris, from my Guest Info guide at Douglas Dam Headwaters:

There is also a big Lazy Days RV center up here at the I40/Hwy 66 interchange just north of Sevierville.

Ed

Thanks guys. I checked at the front and it will probably be Amazon prime but it works. Of course have to go you tube it.

So glad y'all have made Pine Mountain. So sad I won't be joining you. We have had heavy rain & rain until week from Sat. Ones not their yet, prayers for safe arrives with no problems.

@Bishoparc thanks for the offer on the fridge but not needed. Lucky that FIL is in the cabin so we put food in his fridge and our yeti has the drinks.

Mallory went for her walk and she was her usual rock star self. Campground is full. Saw I think 5 open sites but while walking two came in.

Mallory went for her walk and she was her usual rock star self. Campground is full. Saw I think 5 open sites but while walking two came in.
Glad you have options for a fridge. Sorry the crapper crapped out.

And does it surprise you that Mallory was a rock star. We called down last weekend and asked if our site (or any site) was open tomorrow night and she said it was completely booked up. We'll text you Saturday morning to get the lay down on my site being open or not.

j

I broke it...
20210603_125052.jpg

Air intake for inner cooler. Running about 75mph when it blew. Buddy, it was loud.
20210603_182822.jpg

Pouring out some serious black smoke.

We ended up at the end of an on ramp in Vance Alabama. Ford dealer back in Tuscaloosa had one. Randy and I backed the campers all the way back up the on ramp to the top. There we unhooked Randy's camper and he took me to Tuscaloosa to get new piece. $124.

Back on the road in about 2 hours.

We rolled into Fort Payne with dark storm coming in. If we hurry we'll make the campground before it hits...made the right turn and...

Mr Choo Choo Train said Randy and I were not going to beat the rain.
20210603_155732.jpg

We finally got set up around 6pm. By then too tired and too late to explore so we rounded up pizza instead.

MIchael,

Exact same thing that happened to my truck 3 years ago heading to Disney. We were just coming into Atlanta on the north side. Stayed overnight in Marietta to wait for the Ford dealer to open the next morning. 10 minute fix. Common problem on the 6.7.

j

MIchael,

Exact same thing that happened to my truck 3 years ago heading to Disney. We were just coming into Atlanta on the north side. Stayed overnight in Marietta to wait for the Ford dealer to open the next morning. 10 minute fix. Common problem on the 6.7.

j
Took same amount of time to fix as it did for Randy to hook back up. Maybe 10 minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter