Dismeet in the Smokies 2021! Y'all Come!

Choosing a name for our upcoming trip!

• Dismeet in the Smokies 2021

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Rocky Top Dismeet 2021

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Pigeon Forge Dismeet 2021

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Dosmeet in the Mountains 2021

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dis Mountain Meet 2021

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Country Bear Vacation Hoedown 2021

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yeah for us it is hike and relax. My calf is getting better. I am running the treadmill this week but going to try outdoor running next week. Still very low mileage for me but i rather that than reinjure my leg. That being said i am sure there will be some impromptu kind of things. My FIL will be with us so we may have to do a few other things than sit around the rig, like we might actually walk around gaitlinburg. I am not planning the outlet malls though. i do not need to buy anything.

@tiggerdad i will also let you know the new hiking plans as i get them. I am working on them now.

We really only focused on the dinner. Kris did list some hiking plans and I put those on opening post.

Really didn't like idea of planning too many things as was afraid it wouldn't allow others to do some things they might already want. Usually on the Dismeets we shoot for one event in advance and then put together smaller things as we go. However, if anyone wants to strike up ideas and plans I'm happy to add them to opening post.

Can we put the RV Tour in the first post? For some reason I have it on my schedule for Sunday. Or perhaps we did not settle on a day and time.

Can we put the RV Tour in the first post? For some reason I have it on my schedule for Sunday. Or perhaps we did not settle on a day and time.
I had it listed as same evening as dinner originally, but others had suggested different days but no dedicated time was decided. Some folks were still arriving on Sunday so felt not good until everyone had chance to settle in. I figured same evening as Dismeet since we'll all be together already.

Oh, and add me in for the RV tours in case anyone wants to see Hybrid life. Of course I can only show 1 person at a time. :crowded:
Dave,

I'd love to see your hybrid. My very first camper was a hybrid. Unfortunately the Spring and Fall can be pretty chilly up here. Good example is this morning. We are leaving for the Midwest DIS Meet in a few hours and it is 46 right now. I hadn't learned about the insulated blankets you could put over the canvas bunks to hold the heat (or A/C) in.

j

Well this morning is 3 weeks from our arrival for the Dismeet. Woke up to 38 degrees this morning, which was better than the 32 degrees yesterday. Of course by this afternoon it will be near 70.
We are headed out again this weekend, another State Park. The nephews will be joining us this trip for their 1st of 4 camping visits this year.
Maybe on Sunday we will take time to ride the Rattler, Monday morning maybe the Tail of the Dragon, or even Tuesday.

If anyone is interested I have a Keurig machine we are going to part with. We have a new coffee maker in the condo and one in the RV. The machine still works and has a reservoir, it is just an extra and not sure how long it will last but we upgraded and don’t need it. If I have any takers will bring it to pigeon forge otherwise it is going to recycling. Let me know if anyone is interested.

I was just li
If anyone is interested I have a Keurig machine we are going to part with. We have a new coffee maker in the condo and one in the RV. The machine still works and has a reservoir, it is just an extra and not sure how long it will last but we upgraded and don’t need it. If I have any takers will bring it to pigeon forge otherwise it is going to recycling. Let me know if anyone is interested.

I was just literally looking for one for the RV!
:sunny:

@tiggerdad you are tagged to update the activities post. Now that GSMNP threw us a curveball we have adapted and over come. There is quite a bit of change.

sunday june 6 we are planning a group hike. It starts at elkmont and is 5.5 miles with 750 ft of gain. No views but lots of waterfalls. Fairly easy and by my standards easy. We will be taking berts dad on this hike. Am guessing we will leave the campground around 7:30.

Monday June 7 and dismeet day plan is to hike alum cave. It is 4.4 miles but quite a bite of gain. Hoping this works for Madison. Probably leave around 7 or 7:30. This gives us time to get back and cook.

tuesday june 8 go big or go home. If people want views we have them but it’s not easy. Charlie’s bunion, it is almost 9 miles with about 2000 ft of gain. It will be hard but we will help you. Pay off is awesome. Plan to go slow and help people, unless of course no one joins us. Probably leave around 7:30. Expect this to be a 6 hour hike.

wednesday june 9 graveyard trail. We have never done it. It’s about 6 miles with 900 ft of gai. Leave by 8??

thursday June 10 bert and Kris hike.

friday june 11 Abrams falls, cades cove loop, it’s 5.5 miles. That is all I remember.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter