Dismeet in the Smokies 2021! Y'all Come!

Choosing a name for our upcoming trip!

• Dismeet in the Smokies 2021

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Rocky Top Dismeet 2021

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Pigeon Forge Dismeet 2021

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Dosmeet in the Mountains 2021

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dis Mountain Meet 2021

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Country Bear Vacation Hoedown 2021

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Getting some hiking plans together. I would like to offer some hiking with the dis group. We are thinking Abrams Fall which is in cades cove. it is 5 miles and only 900 ft of gain. Cades cove is not open on wednesday so we would do this hike on Tuesday or Thrusday. I was wondering if people wanted to go which day they prefer. On that day we would hike Abrams Falls in the morning. We would also double up and in the afternoon that day hike Chimney Tops for those who would prefer to do that. It is short but violent.

We are also thinking about the Grapeyard Ridge trail that @tiggerdad had mentioned we could also do either on Sunday or Wednesday. It is about 6 miles and 1000 ft of gain, so not too difficult. For those who went in July they are both (abrams and grapeyard) are rated just a tad harder than Andrew's bald that we all did.

So two questions, which day do you want to hike tuesday or thrusday for Abrams falls? as for grapeyard i think your choice is Sunday or Wednesday. Don't worry about us we will pick if needed, but thought i would lay it out there.

We may join in, DW is more apt to hike than I am. See if I can find Thrusday on my schedule. :coffee:

When we meet up in June, would someone be willing to help Damien and I hook up our new grill to our propane line? We have the equipment but a little squeamish about hooking it up.
Absolutely, tools, a gas line and open flame. What could go wrong. LOL
Seriously, there are many people who have done it, so it'll be easy peasy
Benita,

I'll be happy to help. Joe (Tigger92662) and I have built race cars for a long time. Your gas line should be a breeze.

Kris,

Ian will likely be in for as many hikes as the group wants. I'll probably only do one day. DW won't go unless it is very short (mile or less) and not much elevation. I don't want to plan on being gone hiking for half the week. The hips are also still behaving and I'm nervous about tearing them up again.

On a side note, it is looking more likely that I will have the RS with us. It sounds like Kris is up for a little Dragon run and I know Ian will be in. That leaves one spot open. :drive:

j
Absolutely, we can help with that. I am currently adding to my propane system.
@tigger92662, I can bring the alcohol...:drinking1
I'll bring the cutting torch...

Myself plus 1. In on June 6 out on June 8 (all that was available) in site 26.
Holy smokes!

The man,

The myth,

THE LEGEND!

Frank, it warms my heart to see you post. Meeting you and Denise has been on my bucket list for a long, long time.

Will have to keep watch to see if anything else opens and maybe can extend the stay.

Last edited:
Holy smokes!

The man,

The myth,

THE LEGEND!

Frank, it warms my heart to see you post. Meeting you and Denise has been on my bucket list for a long, long time.

Will have to keep watch to see if anything else opens and maybe can extend the stay.

They're cool alright, tiggerdad. Too cool for school.

Garneska (and DH) and I (and DW) and RustyScupper did a lunch with them (and on a marathon/January FW stay some years ago). Frank and Denise hosted in the 1600 loop IIRC. (or 1800?)

Since Denise is the Sheriff on this here board (admin) I feel like I need to spiff up my camper, clean up the outside, and make it shine. Plus mind my manners and say, "Yes ma'am" and "No ma'am". It's like being back in first grade. :scared:

Ed

Last edited:

They're cool alright, tiggerdad. Too cool for school.

Garneska (and DH) and I (and DW) and RustyScupper did a lunch with them (and on a marathon/January FW stay some years ago. Frank and Denise hosted in the 1600 loop IIRC. (or 1800?)

Since Denise is the Sheriff on this here board (admin) I feel like I need to spiff up my camper, clean up the outside, and make it shine. Plus mind my manners and say, "Yes ma'am" and "No ma'am". It's like being back in first grade. :scared:

Ed

I was thinking I needed to go buy a new camper and truck...just to be in same campground. Also, we gotta work on getting them a longer stay.

I wonder if I can get Frank to go fishing with me? I hear Ripley's has a nice fishing location in Gatlinburg. Fresh or salt water fish. Your choice.

Last edited:
Since Denise is the Sheriff on this here board (admin) I feel like I need to spiff up my camper, clean up the outside, and make it shine.
I was thinking I needed to go buy a new camper and truck...just to be in same campground.
Why do you think I bought the new MH. :)

j

Last edited:
Anyone have any interest in doing one of the dinner shows or just show one night as a group? They have several good ones up there. I'd be more than happy to coordinate the group reservation if it's of interest. There's Dollywood's Stampede, Comedy Barn, Hatfield & McCoy Dinner Show, a new Pirate Voyage Dinner Show, a tribute to Red Skelton show. No worries if not, just thought it might be fun.

Anyone have any interest in doing one of the dinner shows or just show one night as a group? They have several good ones up there. I'd be more than happy to coordinate the group reservation if it's of interest. There's Dollywood's Stampede, Comedy Barn, Hatfield & McCoy Dinner Show, a new Pirate Voyage Dinner Show, a tribute to Red Skelton show. No worries if not, just thought it might be fun.

We would be in for any show, we are also looking to hit the Titanic display one day.

We are considering 2 days in DollyWood but would love to hit a Dinner Show 1 night but it can't be on the same night Garneska and Dear Mister Bert's Dad are holding the 1st Spontaneous Memorial to Dear Deb Chunky Dunkin party
Side Note Anyone object if I invite a cousin that lives in the area.

Activities List

Monday June 7

• "Official" DIS Meet - Gathering of all the DISers
    • Time - TBD
    • Location - TBD

@tiggerdad, would you link this post in your first post and I'll keep track of what activities get scheduled?
I was putting this on opening thread post near bottom, along with hike preferences, and can certainly add for a dinner show.

I have done Dixie Stampede countless times. Different show from summer to winter. Pretty good pre-show with banjos and standing bass. We were looking to try different one this year and we're looking at Hatfield and McCoy but I wasn't aware of pirate one. Let me take a look this evening when I get home.

I'm up for a dinner show. I haven't been to any of them in PF. We did Dixie Stampede in Branson years ago and Medieval Times in Kissimmee even longer ago. Something with silverware would be good. (Hello Medieval Times)

j

@Bishoparc please put on activities

Tuesday June 8 hiking Abrams Fall in the morning leads and sherpas will be Kris and Bert. This hike is in Cades Cove so after you can drive around.

Tuesday June 8 hiking Chimney Tops in the afternoon leads and sherpas will be Kris and Bert

Wed June 9 hiking Grapeyard trail in the morning leads and sherpas will be Kris and Bert

We planned 3 for people to do. these days were picked based on party monday and cades cove being closed on Wed. Also quite a few folks leaving Thursday.

I promise i will not feel bad if no one joins us but i wanted to get some dates out there in case people do want to join us. Plus give options since others may have plans for Dollywood or other things.

I'll add an activities list on first post to keep it easy to locate later tonight.

As far as Dismeet goes, we know the date is June 7th. Time is the question. It'll be summertime, so warmer and later sunset than our previous meet in October. I know at the GSP meets around that time we usually met up around 5-530 in the evening. Would this be good?

Also, hosting wise everyone knows I'm always willing to host but if someone else is wanting the honor I'll hand it off to you. I would like idea of one of us along the stream and if shade is available would be better.

Myself plus 1. In on June 6 out on June 8 (all that was available) in site 26.

Frank, if you look at the list of folks in post #1, two of us are moving sites during the stay.

Is that something you are willing to do in order to hang around a little longer? I don't recall your camper type (TT or 5er) and length, but there is some availability in the pull-thru's from June 8-11 (showed 3 available just now).

Give it some thought.

Bama Ed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter