DISmeet ~ FEB 2003

SandraC

Longs for the feeling of sandy salt water in her k
Hi all! Just thought I would start feeling out the next DISmeet.

Since our favourite spot is no longer an options (Shell Info Centre), I was thinking about Square One Food Court across from the Disney Store. I think the Tim Horton's opens at 11:30am on Sundays while everything else opens at noon. Sometimes Gary, me and the kids get a Tim Horton's coffee from a drive-thru and head to Square One about 11am, getting another coffee at 11:30am when the mall Timmy's opens. The call is DEAD that time of day and that time of year. Walmart is open early (I think it's the biggest Walmart in Ontario, maybe Canada ~ I'll look into that). We can meet around 11:30am, have a coffee, visit the Disney Store and chat! It's pretty open in the food court, but I think that time of day and time of year will be nice.

I would love to hear other ideas too.

What about the zoo? Science Centre? Maybe in the spring at the zoo? What about Hamilton way? We love the Halton Conservation Areas!

Let's chat about it! Sandra

ok - this is a dumb question -- but where exactly is Square One? I know it's in Mississauga but have to admit that since I grew up in Thornhill and now work in Pickering the west side of Toronto is somewhat of a fog.:Pinkbounc

I'd love to get a look at the Disney Store there b/c it's probably bigger than the one at Fairview Mall which is the one I usually go to.

Cdnmickeylover

Hi ~ it's not the biggest DS, but it's okay.

Square One is located on the north/west corner of Hwy 10 (aka Hurontario) and Burnhamthorpe Rd. It's right off HWY 403. I come from the west end of Mississauga. I take the 403 eastbound to City Centre Dr. It's a long service type road that runs beside the 403 for a couple kilometres. Turn right at the first lights, I think that's Prince of Wales (????) You can't miss the mall. I usually park on the upper level at Walmart.

From the East, take 403 westbound and exit HWY10(Hurontario) south.

You can see it from the 403.

Any other ideas where to meet? S

I like the advanced planning :p My preference is for something a little closer to Toronto because I don't have a car ... But then again, I'm really shy ... so I might just chicken out ... :o

Hi Sandra, February at Square One sounds great. We have Leaf tickets for Saturday the 8th and Saturday the 15th so either of those weekends would work for us. Square One sounds great so our teens can check out CDs or whatever it is teens do in malls these days.
Tony and Debbie

Hi Sandra, Square One sounds like a good idea for February.

I like the idea of the zoo for the spring as I have been wanting to go back there for years!

Square One for us, 'cause if the car fails me I can even walk it if I absolutely had to!LOL

It turns out the valves on both tires were bad! It figures, the first time I buy expensive Michelins and they fail me!LOL Never happened with the crappy tire ones.

If it's the weekends that Disneykins suggested, I will have my pictures back from the surprise trip to share will all of you!

And the zoo in the spring sounds nice too!

Scratch
:smooth:

That's great that you think the zoo is a good idea in the Spring! We had zoo memberships for years. Last year we did not renew and got ROM membership instead. When that ends in Feb 2003, we are going to get zoo membership again and Ontario Science Centre memberships.

We pack a lunch when we go to the zoo. Walk half the zoo, have a picnic lunch or eat inside you of the restaurants (still eating our packed lunch). It's fun! Lots of walking, so it's Disney practice!

Looking forward to Square One! S

Packing your own lunch is the only way to go!
Especially with this Norwalk Virus!
Didn't these people have anybody that always told them to wash their hands, even when they heard the water running!LOL

The ROM is also a nice place to go! DD and I usually do that between Christmas and New Year's!

Scratch
:smooth:

Square One should work for us.

AWWWW come on Bunnyfoo! We promise not to bop you on the head
smash.gif
! LOL! We're a very harmless bunch!

From our perspective, when you're coming from London you can't get much closer to Toronto than Mississauga.

Hmmm, February 2003 - let's check the old hockey schedule:

Girls tournament in London, Feb 8-9.

Boys tournament in London, Feb 15-16.

Boys tournament in Meaford, Feb 22-23.

Sigh. :( Here we go again....

- Mike

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter