DISmeet at the Fort 2024?

What dates in 2024 would work best for you?

• Week of January 15, 2024 (MLK Day Week)

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Week of February 19, 2024 (Presidents Day Week)

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Week of March 11, 2024

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Week of April 8, 2024 (Possible spring break conflicts)

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Week of May 20, 2024 (Week before Memorial Day)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Week of September 2, 2024 (Labor Day Week)

• Week of October 7, 2024

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Week of November 4, 2024

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Week of December 2, 2024

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • 2024 Probably won't work for me, let's wait till 2025

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Anyone keeping a tally?

It seems like quite a few of us have something booked.

j

I made my last reservation just now.

To give myself some flexibility, I booked 3 reservations spanning October 30 to November 11. The first one is in case I get in the short races for Wine & Dine next year or I can drop it. The second one is the core dates for the DISMeet-it's the keeper in all scenarios. The third one is to have about a week total still at the Fort if I drop the first one. Or drop the third if I do get the first.

I might also book over at Jetty Park Campground in a few months the same dates as the third Fort reservation and choose to drop the Fort and go over to the beach for a couple nights after the DISMeet. DW is not as fond of JPC as I am but she might put up with it if it's only a few nights.

I'm just a little paranoid about Disney being tough about dropping/adding days easily and I want to maintain some schedule flexability without being forced to be locked in to plans/dates/people a year and a half in advance. At least we won't have to do theme park reservations. :furious: Hated those.

Time to cook some dinner and enjoy a glass of Pinot Grigio chilled.

Ed

I figured the kido has almost aged out of disney parks, so the plan was to do less of them and some Universal. But, no, I got the proverbial foot in the rear end when saying we would do a few Universal parks and less disney stuff. The boss is allready spoiled and has a seprate agenda.......I am getting too old for this , lol.

We are booked from Nov. 2-16, full hookup site. Spent 4 hours stuck in the queue this morning before getting into the system only to have it freeze on the payment page. Unfortunately needed to get on the road for a business trip so I called later in the afternoon and was able to secure my January reservation in about 10 minutes. After returning home this evening was able to secure the November reservation easily on line.

I'm just a little paranoid about Disney being tough about dropping/adding days easily and I want to maintain some schedule flexability without being forced to be locked in to plans/dates/people a year and a half in advance.
From what we've seen in the last year, this is the only safe plan to make sure you have it covered without ending up in a bind. Simply playing by their rules.
I figured the kido has almost aged out of disney parks,
Is that an actual thing? You need new kids! :rotfl2:

j

Anyone keeping a tally?

It seems like quite a few of us have something booked.

j
I'm working on booking now. I'll go back through and get post 1 updated with everyone's info. *Update*, got booked 11/2 through 11/10 in a premium. All site types were still available during that date range as of 9P ET.

Last edited:
Was in the queue till I had to leave for a dentist appointment then get my car inspected (due by 5/31, yes I left it to the end of the last day.) Home for dinner and knew it had timed out. Reloaded at it was 24 minutes queue. Booked a Full hookup 11/3 to 11/16, Full where showing as 137 a day average for me, 10 more per day ofr Preferred and 21 more per day for Premium. At that price I booked full and save a tickets worth of money.

So I will hit the road either Friday evening or Saturday morning and head south, stop in GA somewhere and finish the trip the next day.

5/31/23 9:06 PM ET Update
Everyone that has posted their booking so far has been updated in the table in post 1

At some point later this year, we'll need someone in the full sites to be willing to gather reservation #'s and call Disney to get a "travel together" number. That will link the reservations and should get everyone in the same loop or at least close. I can take care of the premium folks.

Thanks everyone for taking the time to get booked!

Add @TheRustyScupper to the table in post #1, Arc. He and the Mrs. were planning to get a cabin but no one knows yet how the DVC conversion might impact those plans.

Love having everybody's dates in post #1. ED

PS - oh and I think Peach's arrival date is 10/20 rather than 11/20

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter