DISmeet at the Fort 2024?

What dates in 2024 would work best for you?

• Week of January 15, 2024 (MLK Day Week)

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Week of February 19, 2024 (Presidents Day Week)

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Week of March 11, 2024

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Week of April 8, 2024 (Possible spring break conflicts)

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Week of May 20, 2024 (Week before Memorial Day)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Week of September 2, 2024 (Labor Day Week)

• Week of October 7, 2024

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Week of November 4, 2024

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Week of December 2, 2024

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • 2024 Probably won't work for me, let's wait till 2025

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Okay, I just did a chat with the CM Hunter. He says that the 2024 prices are still loading on the Disney app and will not be available until later this morning. He does not know when.

That may be a bit of CM speak to satisfy a customer since others have been able to get a reservation, but either way, it looks like we are stuck until it comes back online.

j

Message updated to add that phone bookings are paused too.

1685533611151.png

PS - to tell a story nobody wants to hear, I went through this "Disney IT" trauma a few years ago trying to sign up for the Marathon weekend in January. Digital waiting room, late start, then it worked, then it didn't. Took till 11am my time to get access. Got in, loaded my info, went to pay and it had JUST sold out. So is it too early to :drinking1?

Last edited:

Sleeping in a hotel last night, I must've not set the alarm right. I have a late jump. I didn't even get a tease of a time on my laptop.

I might have to load it up on the app and head into work and look at my phone like a kid all morning.

Edit: I'm wondering why this is easier for Disney than having the rolling window each day. I'm sure there is a reason, I'm sure it didn't come from an IT or phone CM.

I've tried all of my electronics this morning at 5:55am and managed to "see" dates on only my laptop before it put me in the waiting room but I noticed that not all of 2024 months were in place. The calendar was missing (grayed out) part of Nov and all of Dec. Wondering if this is why we're now all on hold...

I've tried all of my electronics this morning at 5:55am and managed to "see" dates on only my laptop before it put me in the waiting room but I noticed that not all of 2024 months were in place. The calendar was missing (grayed out) part of Nov and all of Dec. Wondering if this is why we're now all on hold...

I tried the booking tool about 15 minutes before opening time and did not get the waiting room but plugged in my dates and got prices for all levels of campsites at the Fort. I remember $138/night average for a Full. But a red line of text at the top said that bookings for these dates were not available yet.

The next time using the tool I was sent straight into the waiting room. I didn't look beyond November though.

I was in a waiting room at 6:08am, at 7:28 the waiting room kicked me out to a 500 error. I can't believe after building up Disney Plus they still cannot figure out how to update their reservation system to handle the load for when they open an entire years worth of booking on a single day that this would happen. You didnt have to be a career IT person to predict this.

Well I am not surprised at all. I have been dealing with this for rundisney weekends so I knew it would be a cluster.

I will try back at lunchtime.

I just decided that , If I do get a campsite, we will drive and go to the universal parks. This is not fun. And I need to leave for therapy soon. I will cross a dead zone and my page will get inturupted. Addtionally, just think of all of thr people that have to go to work, that got up early so they could plan a magical vacation. Ots actually disheartening.

OOOkay, I finally have my head screwed on straight (partially).

DD will be getting married 1st weekend that October,
so of course I'll have no clue what I'll be doing up to that point :crazy:
but believe me, I'm gonna need this by then LOL.
Who knows, if things work out, they may be joining us. Fingers crossed

Here's what I have so far.

If any of us can get together in same loop, then that will be ground zero for activities and potluck

If I've omitted anyone or things change, please let me know

@tigger92662 Oct 28th - Nov. 9th
@Teamubr Nov. 2nd - Nov. 16th
@Sjm9911 Oct. 31st - Nov. 8th
@jbrostek sometime
@garneska Nov. 1st - Nov. 16th
@BenitaN Nov. 2nd - Nov. 10th
@bama_ed Open
@Part-Time Paradise Nov. 3rd - Nov. 9th
@cruising spud Nov. 1st - Nov.13th
@4077 Nov. 1st - Nov. 8th
@Boomer1 Nov. 4th - Nov. 16th
@MrsPAHunter Nov. 3rd - Nov. 14th
@himandher818 TBD
@serenitygr TBD
@tigger92662 I get this copied into a table in the first post

@ everyone else, apologies, the promotion at work has had me so busy I've barely had time to check my personal email. Things should be calming down now. Good luck everyone on getting your reservations!

Once everyone has their reservations - One person in each loop type can gather everyone's reservation #'s for that loop type and then establish a "travel together" reservation with Disney. With that, they will do their best to keep everyone in the same loop together of the same type. @tigger92662 and I did that a couple of years ago.

ok finally got in thru the AP phone line...nice CM but she is already seeing Halloween timeframe not available. Figures...this happens to me every year.

BUT.... My AP CM was incredible and REFUSED to give up and got me the dates. I'll be there Oct 20 to Nov 16 so hope to be able to meet up with folks.

PS. I got on the AP phone line at 7am and they didn't answer until 8:30.

I brought my tablet to work. I logged in at 0530 CDT and it is still auto refreshing every few minutes, but just says "Recalculating" with about 20% of the bar complete. I don't have time to call as I'm in meetings all day.

20230531_083144.jpg

j

Well, I didn't bother getting up before the chickens ... I figured as much that the system would be overloaded. I'll take my chances periodically checking throughout the day.

This reminds me of a story ... Years ago, we did the "back-stage" tour of MK. Part of that tour was a "look" at the computer room. All we got to do was peer through a small window in a random door. What I saw was a 286 Packard Bell desktop computer with a monitor and mouse, sitting on a desk. :-) :-) I wonder if they are still relying on that PB along with Windows 3.11 for Workgroups. :rolleyes2 :rolleyes2

. :-) :-) I wonder if they are still relying on that PB along with Windows 3.11 for Workgroups. :rolleyes2 :rolleyes2
When we took the tour they said that "computer room" just ran all the rides, music and other things at MK. They must have moved on. I think the reservation web site is probably up to a Pentium 1 running Windows XP. :rotfl2:
I just reserved a full hook-up site. I did this on the phone. Took about 90 minutes to get through.
It's interesting the web site is still saying bookings online and over the phone are paused, but people are able to book over the phone. I still don't think the 1st half of November will be busy, it has to be frustrating for people wanting Halloween or the holidays.

j

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter