DISmeet at the Fort 2024?

What dates in 2024 would work best for you?

• Week of January 15, 2024 (MLK Day Week)

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Week of February 19, 2024 (Presidents Day Week)

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Week of March 11, 2024

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Week of April 8, 2024 (Possible spring break conflicts)

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Week of May 20, 2024 (Week before Memorial Day)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Week of September 2, 2024 (Labor Day Week)

• Week of October 7, 2024

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Week of November 4, 2024

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Week of December 2, 2024

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • 2024 Probably won't work for me, let's wait till 2025

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ed posted this on the main Camping forum, but on May 31st, reservations for 2024 should be available.

j
Ok, so does this mean that we should make reservations at the stroke of midnight May 30 or the stroke of midnight May 31 ???

Do we need to add our travel with names at that time or can we add later?
Normally I would say you can add (or remove) people, but with the changes implemented post-Covid requiring a cancel/rebook for date changes, it is worth confirming if changing people will impact the reservation.

j

I had a hard time adding people later a few years ago. But that could have just been my experience. Last time I added 10 people to the reservation just in case. So anyone I thought may stop by I added to the reservation when booking.

ion just in case. So anyone I thought may stop by I added t

They really messed that up for not just the fort, all resorts. A few have said best way for the maybe guests (maybe they will maybe they wont) is to either add them up front, or add them when you arrive at the front desk. Mine is simple, ill include all 4 even if only 3 of us make it.

Mine is simple, ill include all 4 even if only 3 of us make it.
Are you booking the site (room) only or a package? I thought if you had a package, everyone on the reservation had to be on the same ticket length and dining plan. I have always booked a package (room with tickets). Prior to Covid, I would have the person arriving later purchase their own ticket and I would add them to the reservation later. Since Covid and the new cancel/rebook requirement for any change, I've heard people say they couldn't add (or subtract) people in advance either. I'm pretty sure additional people were added to some reservations during the 2022 January meet to allow some of the local attendees access to the Fort.

j

@Teamubr Pretty much only book room. We have not done dinning plan in a long time, and its still not availible. There has been no benifit to adding tickets to the package, so it really has worked out that DVC or cash, we book the room and do everything else seperate.

I learned about the package issue about 8 years ago when friends last minute decided to come down. One planned to stay with me, another staying with others I was traveling with. Weill the others booked as a package found out you can't add someone without adding the full package. Thankfully since I was room only, we put both people on my reservation and they could buy their own tickets.

Last edited:
I re-read the thread from the start and counted 19 "I plan to come" commitments and 2 "Wish I could come". Of the 19, TheRustyScupper would camp in a cabin so that is about 18 sites currently.

As for Full or regular Premium, Full definitely helps financially and for those who would usually book Premium, we will have several experienced "backer uppers" who could help get you into a Full maybe. (I don't count myself in that group). I could move up to a Full site no problem.

So I'm wondering if we can sort of settle on booking a Full site for Nov 24. Or someone who prefers a Premium could book one of each (Full and Premium) for the same dates (can we do that?) and that way that person can later drop the one not used after we hash out the level. It was a tremendous advantage to be all in the same loop as we were in 2020 (although fewer) for impromptu socializing, meeting, and puzzling.

Might we go with the Full sites? Never stayed in them I don't think but I like the spacing of the sites in 1700 and that loop has 41 campsites in it.

What do ya'll think?

Ed

FWIW, a poster on the Resorts board did a Chat with Disney Reservations and was told that on May 31, ALL 12 months of 2024 will be available for booking. At least that's what they were told.

I'd like to get confirmation from a bus driver before I am certain but ....

giphy.gif

Ed

Last edited:
FYI You cannot hold two reservations for the campground at once unless you use different disney accounts with different emails (this I am not certain of but would suspect it would work).

i would venture that all of 2024 will be open on May 31. I seem to remember that last year, but i am NOT a bus driver.

@garneska is correct. Just cannot put two under the same name. Though you can reserve them at the same time and pay the deposit. Our July trip I booked for myself and our travel with family at the same time, it was easier then them calling in.

For this, think we just need to know who to list as the travel with and the infromation they are going to ask for.

As for Full or regular Premium, Full definitely helps financially and for those who would usually book Premium, we will have several experienced "backer uppers" who could help get you into a Full maybe. (I don't count myself in that group). I could move up to a Full site no problem.

So I'm wondering if we can sort of settle on booking a Full site for Nov 24. Or someone who prefers a Premium could book one of each (Full and Premium) for the same dates (can we do that?) and that way that person can later drop the one not used after we hash out the level. It was a tremendous advantage to be all in the same loop as we were in 2020 (although fewer) for impromptu socializing, meeting, and puzzling.

Might we go with the Full sites? Never stayed in them I don't think but I like the spacing of the sites in 1700 and that loop has 41 campsites in it.

What do ya'll think?

Ed
So do we vote to see if we agree on one or the other overall? If we have definite need/want premium, would we go with 2100/1100 to keep us in the same neighborhood and relative close for walking (plus close to cabin for anyone - ie: Rusty) going that route? In a vote, I would go premium, but I am up for going full if everyone was willing to go that way… no turned up nose here… any Fort site is good for me… tricky backing in (if at a site with obstacles) will be part of the challenge/fun/future storytelling… I want to be where the action is!

So do we vote to see if we agree on one or the other overall? If we have definite need/want premium, would we go with 2100/1100 to keep us in the same neighborhood and relative close for walking (plus close to cabin for anyone - ie: Rusty) going that route? In a vote, I would go premium, but I am up for going full if everyone was willing to go that way… no turned up nose here… any Fort site is good for me… tricky backing in (if at a site with obstacles) will be part of the challenge/fun/future storytelling… I want to be where the action is!
Everyone is familiar with our backing up skills...premium is my vote too.

I feel like if the goal is to request 1700 for the Full Hookup, those that want a Premium shoudl request 1200, as it is close to the same neighborhood. I could likely do Full hookup as long as the site is at least 50' deep. Might mean parking my truck in overflow, so be it. Or ill book the 1200 loop and be a short walk away.

We would rather book a FHU site ... The 1900 loop is the "tough to back in loop" for most of the sites. 1700 loop sounds good to me although, I would love to get the coveted 1809 site. :smokin:

After some thought…and looking at a 1700 loop video (granted, one with only 1 RV parked in the loop and no “obstacle” cars and trucks parked into the road), I would be down with that one. @BenitaN you should go to YouTube and search fort wilderness 1700 loop to see the video… doesn’t look so scary for backing in as I thought it would…

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter