DISmeet at the Fort 2024?

What dates in 2024 would work best for you?

• Week of January 15, 2024 (MLK Day Week)

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Week of February 19, 2024 (Presidents Day Week)

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Week of March 11, 2024

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Week of April 8, 2024 (Possible spring break conflicts)

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Week of May 20, 2024 (Week before Memorial Day)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Week of September 2, 2024 (Labor Day Week)

• Week of October 7, 2024

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Week of November 4, 2024

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Week of December 2, 2024

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • 2024 Probably won't work for me, let's wait till 2025

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thanks for helping herd the cats and sort the wheat in a tornado.

I would tentatively come in on Saturday November 2nd and stay until Saturday November 16th. Site type will likely be a Full. Maybe a Preferred if I could figure a way to guarantee the 100 loop. I'm not against a Premium or Premium Meadows, but I'm cheap and it's hard to justify the extra $$.

I'd like to be there when the Christmas decorations go up. That seems to be sometime in mid-November.

j

OK kids, I'm gonna jump in here. :scared:

@Bishoparc has been given a promotion at his job :cool1: , and as such, has been pretty busy as of late.

That being said, all interested in this Dismeet, the general concensus seems to be the week of Nov. 4th.

Please post what dates you would be coming and going and what kind of site you would book.

I will start a chart, (maybe a spreadsheet, @Part-Time Paradise :duck:) and we can start to formulate a plan.

As per requests, we will send out a "Hey it's gettin' close to the time to book" notification
giphy.gif

I would love to roll in on the 31 and leave on the 8th. But probably not happening. So anything arounf there. And anywhere is fine for us. So no site is important, just that we are going. Hopefully it will be close to everyone else.

@Teamubr I am frugal, yet willing to pay for preferred or premium. I avoid Medow$ Premium.

@tigger92662 Thanks for jumping in! Right now I would guess on I would book preferred or premium, at 42' its the better bet for me. Though that would be finalized closer to the trip if I need a pet loop or not. So maybe I'll at least end up near @garneska .

It might be possible again for us to individually request loop 1100 (Premium) because loops 2100 (Full) again individually requested is right behind it with a convenient walkway to the Comfort Station between the two.

I'm ambivalent about the arrival date. With Halloween on a Thursday, many people will clear out on Friday (although many weekender types will stay through Sunday) so Friday might be a good arrival date.

With 2023 rates for a Premium being $60-70 dollar more per night versus a Tent site (loop 2000 possible for our Aliner), I would have to think long/hard about what site level. I would like to pair a Fort stay with 3-4 days at Jetty Park on the Atlantic Coast either before or after the Fort to Do. Absolutely. Nothing. but I would have to look at how the dates work out. Oh and also the Wine & Dine short race dates at the end of our week.

If prior calendar holds, 2024 should be opening up around 2 months from now.

Ed

@bama_ed I am not so sure the race will be at the end of the week. it is normally the first weekend in Nov, so I am anticipating it being Nov 1 for the 5k. That is why I am going to try for a friday Nov 1 check in, in case we want to run. We are signed up for the wine and dine challenge in Nov 4 and 5 2023.

@bama_ed I am not so sure the race will be at the end of the week. it is normally the first weekend in Nov, so I am anticipating it being Nov 1 for the 5k. That is why I am going to try for a friday Nov 1 check in, in case we want to run. We are signed up for the wine and dine challenge in Nov 4 and 5 2023.

Oh okay, good to know, Kris. ED

@garneska Ahh yeah, guess your buss can get in there easier. I guess ill see where the consensus ends up and book accordingly and hope I can squeeze in. I know if we are clustered I might have the luck of someone being around to move a vehicle.

Right now I am thinking Sunday 3rd arrival, Staying through the 16th or maybe the 12th with DW and DD flying in for the weekend.

As of now, we would like to arrive on November 1st. we would probably stay until about November 13th. We like the 100 loop, but will stay close to where everyone else is.

I would anticipate arriving the 1st or 2nd until the 8th. Wherever more people want to go (premium or full) is fine. If we decide on the 1100/2100 combo attempt, I would likely go premium.

Halloween is a big event at our Farmstand. Most likely would leave on the 1st so arrive Nov. 3rd or 4th stay until Nov. 16th or 17th. We prefer the Full hookups, usually we stay in 1700.

We would most likely arrive Nov. 2 and depart Nov. 9 ... FHU site for us so the 2100 loop would work just fine.

Just a heads up for folks that might stay in a FHU ... The 1900 loop is difficult for any tow-behind/FW to back into. I've done it with a 31' FW and a 34' FW, both times were a lesson in futility.

I know, late to the party---internet connectivity issues last few days and workaholic between several interstate trips. Catch folks up on those elsewhere, later (TeamUBR put me onto the cafe...plan to go looking by the weekend.)

Re: Nov '24 DisMeet--- 2-3 day drive down, 2-3 days back, considering arrive Nov. 3/4, pull out Nov. 14/15 at longest stay, maybe 'caravan' with jbrostek. As to what site (premium vs. FHU)...have no idea. 40' motorhome, I can get by with full fresh water coming into fort and dump at home - so whatever is close to everyone is fine, though budget plays small consideration. Will need to do some homework, unless someone wants to give me the easy answer so I can book with ease when it's time.

Excited, but navigating life by the seat of my pants right now.

Re: Nov '24 DisMeet--- 2-3 day drive down, 2-3 days back, considering arrive Nov. 3/4, pull out Nov. 14/15 at longest stay, maybe 'caravan' with jbrostek. As to what site (premium vs. FHU)...have no idea. 40' motorhome, I can get by with full fresh water coming into fort and dump at home - so whatever is close to everyone is fine, though budget plays small consideration. Will need to do some homework, unless someone wants to give me the easy answer so I can book with ease when it's time.
I think a lot of us are looking for the "Easy" button. Keep an eye out here (and I'll text you). We are anticipating the reservations for next year to be available sometime in June (based on prior years loading). I imagine there are several on here that will post it as soon as the window opens.

Also, all the loops except the Tent loops (1500, 2000) have full hook ups including sewer and cable. Tent loops have everything except sewer.

j

@MrsPAHunter As Jim said, all FW RV sites are full hookup :cheer2: And with booking not sure what the easy button is, but we found a button. Does that work?

As for caravaning, we can see how to sync up for that. I feel like down is easy and has been a consistent 2 days for me. You are a couple more hours north so I could see breaking it into 3 or even staying round the corner from me at Greenville Farm.

PS: Thought navigating life by the seat of your pants is normal. Is for me most of the time.

Ed posted this on the main Camping forum, but on May 31st, reservations for 2024 should be available.

Less important to most, but park reservations are going away for "dated" tickets (those bought to start on a specific day or with a package) and the dining plans return in January 2024.

j
Disney Dining Plans Returning, Exciting Park Reservation Updates and More at Walt Disney World

And today we’re thrilled to share some more exciting news just in time for the launch of 2024 bookings for theme park tickets, Disney Resort hotel stays and packages at Walt Disney World on May 31. These updates will make planning your future Walt Disney World visits simpler and easier, so you can further enjoy all we have to offer and make more memories:  

Removing theme park reservation requirements for date-based tickets: Starting with park visits on Jan. 9, 2024, theme park reservations will no longer be required for date-based tickets. You heard that right! When getting your ticket, you will simply select a start date for Jan. 9, 2024 or later, complete your purchase and then you will be all set! For reference, date-based tickets are the standard ticket option we offer to guests. For other admission types, including non-dated tickets, theme park reservations may be required to help us continue managing attendance and delivering a great experience for everyone. You can check which admission types require park reservations by visiting DisneyWorld.com/ThemeParkReservationsbefore you purchase.

Introducing “good-to-go days” for Annual Passholders* and cast members: In 2024, we plan to offer select days on which our Annual Passholders* and Disney cast members may visit Walt Disney World theme parks without needing a park reservation. Once introduced, we will roll out these good-to-go days on an ongoing basis. This will be in addition to the recent update which offers Passholders the opportunity to visit the theme parks after 2 p.m. without needing a park reservation, except on Saturdays and Sundays at Magic Kingdom Park. Good-to-go days may vary by park, and pass block out dates and capacity limitations continue to apply like they do today. Please stay tuned for more details on good-to-go days.

Bringing back our fan-favorite Disney dining plans: Time to eat! Disney dining plans will be coming back as an option for those staying at Disney Resort hotels who purchase a vacation package with us starting with stays beginning Jan. 9, 2024, which will also open for bookings on May 31. We know our guests – and families in particular – have missed dining plans, which offer guests the convenience and peace of mind of pre-paying for their meals and snacks. Guests will be able to choose from two popular options: Packages that include either the Disney Quick Service Dining Plan or the Disney Dining Plan. Both plans will be a great value for families with young children with access to many spectacular food and beverage offerings across Walt Disney World.

Continuing to provide extended park time to Disney Resort hotel guests:For those planning to stay at a Disney Resort hotel, we will continue to offer the popular early theme park entry for visits through 2024 – every day, across all four theme parks. This great benefit gives you a jump start on your day. For those staying at Disney Deluxe Resorts and Deluxe Villas, we’ll also be continuing to offer extended evening hours on select dates at select parks through 2024. Early theme park entry and extended evening hours require valid theme park admission and a Resort ID.

Simplifying the Disney Genie+ experience: We have heard from guests that they would like ways to plan with Disney Genie+ service and individual Lightning Lane selections before the day of their park visit, and we want you to know we are working on ways guests may do this for visits in 2024. Our goal is to give you the opportunity to spend less time planning in the park and more time enjoying your visit with friends and family. While we are not yet able to share specific details, we look forward to sharing more information at a later date.

Whether you’re getting ready to experience the feelings of a Disney thrill or counting down the days until your Disney visit, we hope these updates make you feel as excited as we are. We look forward to welcoming you to Walt Disney World real soon!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter