DISmeet at the Fort 2024?

What dates in 2024 would work best for you?

• Week of January 15, 2024 (MLK Day Week)

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Week of February 19, 2024 (Presidents Day Week)

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Week of March 11, 2024

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Week of April 8, 2024 (Possible spring break conflicts)

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Week of May 20, 2024 (Week before Memorial Day)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Week of September 2, 2024 (Labor Day Week)

• Week of October 7, 2024

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Week of November 4, 2024

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Week of December 2, 2024

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • 2024 Probably won't work for me, let's wait till 2025

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Okay, another Disney question. We have NEVER gotten Disney tickets before arriving. Just reserved a room or a campsite. Kept it simple. Got to Disney, bought our tickets, did the fast pass thingy on our phones. Never had a problem. BUT, if I am correct in my thinking. we now need park reservations for each day we go to a park? Yes? So, this means having tickets, and thus reservations, in hand before a trip? Yes? What if something happens, and we have tickets, and we can't get to Disney? I break a leg? Our rv explodes?

Why is Disney so complicated? It's an amusement park. And, I am not amused.

Okay, another Disney question. We have NEVER gotten Disney tickets before arriving. Just reserved a room or a campsite. Kept it simple. Got to Disney, bought our tickets, did the fast pass thingy on our phones. Never had a problem. BUT, if I am correct in my thinking. we now need park reservations for each day we go to a park? Yes? So, this means having tickets, and thus reservations, in hand before a trip? Yes? What if something happens, and we have tickets, and we can't get to Disney? I break a leg? Our rv explodes?

Not sure how it is now. Thats how it was during the covid days. If you cancle, I think you have 1 year to use the tickets. Yea it was easier in the past. But that goes for everything. All this new technology, computers and life is so much more complex.

You need a park reservation on a specific day to be able to enter that park on that specific day.

You need to have a valid ticket in your MDE for each person in order to make a park reservation that is worth at LEAST the cost of that day.

If you cancel (as I have) the tickets are non-refundable. But always, always keep a copy of your ticket purchase confirmation email/number. You don't lose the value of those tickets - they will carry over and can be applied to future visit date. For example, if you have someone with $250 worth of unused tickets, you can apply that credit to a future visit. If the future date's tickets cost $275, you have to pay $25 more to be able to use them.

I called in advance of my visit to have my 3 unused multi-day tickets priced out for the new dates and paid the difference over the phone on a credit card so they would work when I used my reservation to enter the park that day.

Sucks, doesn't it? The days of arrive at Disney, buy tickets there, grab paper Fast Passes in the parks as needed - those are over. Those were wonderful, easy times. Now you have to be an uber-planner or take what you can get at the last minute.

Ed

PS - some parks like MK and Studios can fill up around peak/busy/holiday times. Epcot (due to its size) and AK (due to its lack of rides) don't fill up as often. Off-season and week-days it's not that hard to make a reservation short time.

Spencer and Ed, thanks for the ticket info. Let me say-I am a planner. I just don't like to have all of that money tied up in Disney before I even arrive. I guess it no longer matters what I want.....😄

Spencer and Ed, thanks for the ticket info. Let me say-I am a planner. I just don't like to have all of that money tied up in Disney before I even arrive. I guess it no longer matters what I want.....😄

I hear ya, @cruising spud.

In my case, I had 3-day tickets for 3 adults that we had to cancel the trip on and I carried that nearly $1800 in ticket credit and finally got it used last Thanksgiving. Now I understand the benefit of a package where if I cancel within their guidelines, I'm not out any money. But the cancel rules for packages aren't as reasonable as the cancel rules for room only (which does not apply to tix). So I'm left in a sort of no-man's land as to what to do each time.

Ed

PS - and you are correct. The rules aren't intended to benefits us the guests.

If I remember correctly, if you have a Park-Hopper pass, you still have to make reservation(s) for the Park you want admittance to for each Park day ... however, with the Park-Hopper pass, you can Park Hop to any Park after 2PM.

Sorry, but the questions keep on coming....Ed, I'm with you. I like the site/room only cancellation policy. But, since I am going to have to let it go and move on-I will now be looking at packages, yes?

Thats why for me, less parks and more relaxing. ( i can hope right!)
We were there last October ... I told the wife that the next time we go to the Fort, it will be for glamping, not for the parks ... the parks are too much of a hassle to actually enjoy the experience. So, this Dismeet will find us kicking back at the Fort without the fanfare of the parks.

Sorry, but the questions keep on coming....Ed, I'm with you. I like the site/room only cancellation policy. But, since I am going to have to let it go and move on-I will now be looking at packages, yes?

I have no clue yet for either one of us. And I have a trip this fall 2023 to decide what to do with.

Ed

It did not appear we had enough interest to book as a group. As others have mentioned, if we booked an entire loop and people backed out, I’d be on the hook for the cancellations.

For anyone that’s in the same loop type, once we book, I just need your reservation number and primary person on the reservation’s name. Then we’re able to do what’s known as a “travel together” number which means they will put us all in the same loop, and by each other if at all possible. I’m planning on going with premium.

If there are a group of folks that want to do full sites, then one of the people from the full sites group can call in and do the same thing with that information.

So basically, the full folks should end up in the same loop with other full folks and the premium folks should end up in the same loop with the other premium folks.

As Ed mentioned, booking for November 1 should begin somewhere around June 20 of this year.

It did not appear we had enough interest to book as a group. As others have mentioned, if we booked an entire loop and people backed out, I’d be on the hook for the cancellations.

For anyone that’s in the same loop type, once we book, I just need your reservation number and primary person on the reservation’s name. Then we’re able to do what’s known as a “travel together” number which means they will put us all in the same loop, and by each other if at all possible. I’m planning on going with premium.

If there are a group of folks that want to do full sites, then one of the people from the full sites group can call in and do the same thing with that information.

So basically, the full folks should end up in the same loop with other full folks and the premium folks should end up in the same loop with the other premium folks.

As Ed mentioned, booking for November 1 should begin somewhere around June 20 of this year.
@Bishoparc Do we reserve Premium or Premium Meadow?

Can someone just give us a booking time, like two weeks before hand on this thread. Unfortunately, I am all over the place at the moment and dont want to miss it. Please and thank you. ( im lazy I know, but it will help me ).

That’s actually something I was curious about…. Now that Disney releases the bookings at some point generally about mid year, do they make a big announcement that we could say “subscribe to” a particular place and hear it, or does the info always just sort of make it’s way out because “person A” sitting at home checking the website every single day just happens to see that the booking window is open and so begins the news of said opening trickling (well, probably more like gushing) it’s way out into the world? I just wondered if there was a big Disney announcement when it opens or if they just depend on word of mouth?

In past years the rumor would heat up on the DIS Resorts board (probably via TA tipoffs and chatter) that the packaging and on-line booking would go live in a few day's time (not further than a week's notice IIRC). But it had generally fallen in that early/mid June timeframe so people were on the lookout for it. Short of a formal announcement, this is what I would watch for.

I would be surprised if Disney did a formal announcement in advance but what do I know?:confused3 They might open it up earlier since this will be the new norm (no phoning in 500 beforehand). But watch the Resorts board.

Ed

PS - also interesting our early November dates are in between the Halloween parties at MK (which end on 10/31 don't they?) and the MK Christmas parties which crank up about a week later.

Last edited:
OK kids, I'm gonna jump in here. :scared:

@Bishoparc has been given a promotion at his job :cool1: , and as such, has been pretty busy as of late.

That being said, all interested in this Dismeet, the general concensus seems to be the week of Nov. 4th.

Please post what dates you would be coming and going and what kind of site you would book.

I will start a chart, (maybe a spreadsheet, @Part-Time Paradise :duck:) and we can start to formulate a plan.

As per requests, we will send out a "Hey it's gettin' close to the time to book" notification

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter