DISmeet at the Fort 2024?

What dates in 2024 would work best for you?

• Week of January 15, 2024 (MLK Day Week)

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Week of February 19, 2024 (Presidents Day Week)

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Week of March 11, 2024

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Week of April 8, 2024 (Possible spring break conflicts)

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Week of May 20, 2024 (Week before Memorial Day)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Week of September 2, 2024 (Labor Day Week)

• Week of October 7, 2024

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Week of November 4, 2024

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Week of December 2, 2024

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • 2024 Probably won't work for me, let's wait till 2025

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Turns out the following weekend is a long weekend which is why Sunday Arrival and stay through the following weekend would work and let DW and DD come down for some Disney time without missing much school.

We are both retired so, arrival date is not an issue ... However, since we are retired, length of stay is limited to finances :rolleyes1 especially at the rates at the Fort. We would probably stay for 6 nights. As has been mentioned FHU sites are cheaper but can be difficult to wiggle into. This past October, FHU 1900 loop, we had to get CS to assign us a different site and we are only a 34' FW. Trash cans and across the street neighbor vehicle parked to close to the road kept us from being able to "wiggle" in.

I was just realizing, remember to vote before you leave… not that we should have a hard time remembering after a year + of being best over the head with campaign fun 😵‍💫

I am atually getting excited by this, seeing new and old people will be fun. Addtionally, kido will be older and is now officially an 11 year old teenager. So I can hang out a bit. We may do less disney parks, so like 4 , and a universal day or two. Knowing me, I will make this a ten day stay, and a 14 day trip. School is good for kids, but so is learning stuff outside of school. So living life and experiences may be the most important thing I teach her. Or she will be a spoiled brat, its a coin toss...........

I’m with you that sometimes memories and what you learn outside the classroom counts. For us it’s not the challenge of pulling J out of class as a HS Freshman. It’s mom only getting a few personal days to use the whole school year (sick leave is separate). Thats why I am trying to work out they fly down Thursday morning or Wednesday after school and stay through the weekend so there will be hang out and park time for them.

I have a logistics question about the 2024 Dismeet. When it is time to reserve our sites, the Dismeet wagon master reserves a block of sites for all of us. Yes? And, she/he gives Disney our names and dates of arrival and departure? Yes? What if I wanted to come a few days earlier than the group dates? Thank you.

I have a logistics question about the 2024 Dismeet. When it is time to reserve our sites, the Dismeet wagon master reserves a block of sites for all of us. Yes? And, she/he gives Disney our names and dates of arrival and departure? Yes? What if I wanted to come a few days earlier than the group dates? Thank you.
Lol,
1qr343.jpg

Just say it! We know what your thinking.

1834776365skeletons-animated-gif-23.gif

Spud,

Right now it is looking like we will all get our own reservation. The contract for the "wagon master" is fairly restrictive and has financial implications if people back out. It also looks like many of us are coming in at different times for different lengths. That makes it harder too.

j

Spud,

Right now it is looking like we will all get our own reservation. The contract for the "wagon master" is fairly restrictive and has financial implications if people back out. It also looks like many of us are coming in at different times for different lengths. That makes it harder too.

j
Now, I'm confused. Does that mean we will not be in the same loop?

Benita,

I think there has already been a variety of preferred site type (Full, vs Preferred vs Premium vs Premium Meadows) that we would be spread out some. If this really turns into the size that people are commenting on, we are going to be a pretty big group.

I'm leaning towards a Full site for 2+ weeks, but I would love to try to wedge into a Preferred site (Loop 100 please). I know others that really want the size of a Premium.

j

I'm with you ... I thought the idea was to keep the group in one loop, not spread out all over. Even though I mentioned a FHU site, if it came to something else (group wise) then, that's what I would do.

Last edited:
Okay, now that I am committing to Disney, I am going to have to wrap my head around Genie+ and Lightening Lanes. I have a secret fantasy that Disney gets rid of these before I arrive in 2024.
Yeah, not happening, they will probably raise it to 50 $ lol. Need to make that $$$$$. But reality is, if you rope drop and such , it may not be needed. My last trip kinda confirmed that.

Going in early November, Genie+ won't really be needed. We bought it 1 day out of the 10 we were in parks last January and it was only marginally useful. We did get several individual lightning lane bookings to gaurantee a set time for "have to have" rides.

j

I'm with you ... I thought the idea was to keep the group in one loop, not spread out all over. Even though I mentioned a FHU site, if it came to something else (group wise) then, that's what I would do.
I need to be near my peeps. Who is going to direct Damien to back in? :) I haven't gotten any better in giving him direction and well he tries.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter