DISMEET 2022? Is Anyone Interested?

I think the thosand trail one is about the same. I think because of the location, anything thats not run down will probably be similar in price.

I would be in for next year, prefer after school ends in June though.

Hershey Park campground is small tight sites as mentioned and all sewer connections are in the back of the site so some need lots of hose. Hershey Road Campground is newer, pretty good sites and like EVERY hershey area campground you are going to pay about 85+ a night.

Cedar Lake Campground might be a good place? Its in between Hershey and Gettysburg, peak weeknight is 45 a night, weekend is 60.

If I can be of help? We live within two/three hours of Gettysburg, Lancaster, and Hershey. We have been to all three areas-most especially Lancaster. My take on trip possibilities:

Disclaimer-I am trying to be objective (okay, trying)

#1-Hershey- a nice enough park. Naturally, not a Disney, and not as nice as Dollywood. If my main reason to come on this trip was to go to Hershey, I would suck it up and stay at the Hershey Park Campground. That extra hour in the park (that camping at the Hershey Campground gives you) makes all of the difference when it come to getting on rides. We went camping with our church youth group here, and by noon the lines were long, long, long. Like why am I even here long. If you are not a big amusement park enthusiast-I wouldn't even go to Hershey. There is also the Hershey Museum here, a tour of a fake Hershey candy factory, and some outlets.

#2-Gettysburg-I have been here twice. A truly interesting place to visit. If you are in the area-go. HOWEVER, (again, my opinion) you only really need one day here. Maybe two if you are a huge Civil War enthusiast. When we went, we visited the museum and visitor center and toured the battlefield and listened to a few ranger talks, and a day was enough. I believe there are some nice campgrounds in the area.

#3-Lancaster-my favorite of the three. There are the Amish and fantastic let's put on five pounds places to eat. Not anything WOW to do, but a fair amount of little things. The Strasburg Railroad, outlets, Amish buggy rides, bus tours that take you to Amish houses where you can eat and mingle with the Amish, tours that let you semi-mingle with the Amish, and Shady Maple (look it up-you will be captivated-trust me).

So, I am thinking that the group needs to prioritize what are the most important things they want to do and go from there.

Hope this helps,
Kathy

Bama Ed just want to try copious amounts of scapple! :teeth: Im flexable, but definitely will be doing hersey from wherever we are, if i actually can go.

I just looked at the Harrisburg East Campground. It is close to interstates, so cell service should be good and has a decent location (from somebody that has never been to the area). The place looks big enough and the pics are nice. Then I saw the rates. They are quite proud of their campground. Not a deal breaker for us, but that may impact some others.

View attachment 583783

j
Yikes. Our neighbor was in the Entegra. :)

I have been looking at a variety of locations and in my opinion some where in the Lancaster Pa. area would work best considering it's over proximity to the various area attractions IE Hershey Park , Hiking in State Parks, Gettysburg Battlefield and Nation Park and Shopping.
As for the second major consideration I would like to propose the time frame of Thursday June 24 thru Thursday June 30. This is late enough in June that those with School Aged Children to have them on Summer Recess ( Our kids all have fur so we are free year round) Fathers Day is Sunday the 19th with the 4th of July the following week.

We would be in. We have stayed at Drummer Boy campground also, and it was nice. Just outside Gettysburg.
Chris for right now you just concentrate on getting more gooder. Knowing you like the KOA in Elizabethtown/Hershey I have it on my list Same for Drummer Boy as you gave it a positive review last year if I recall.
If need be we'll round up a small posse to come and get you, Jenn and Reba and the rig so you can join us

Will have to see on dates. Oldest DD has multiple summer band and color guard week long events that usually aren't announced until late. We'll grab a site out of the gate and play the rest by ear.

I’ll put a very tentative “in” if we end up with the late June (after Father’s Day dates). Part of the trick becomes the vacation “bidding” we do amongst the 5 of us pilots at work. I all ready know my first round choice has to be Disney cruise in August next year, but I would still love to make a meet in that area! I could still have a chance at a short visit even if I don’t get a whole vacation choice, so I am following along…

Okay, so I did some extra investigation and called a few of the camp grounds to inquire on reservation time frame. Those affiliated with Thousand Trails and RV On The Go have approximately a one year out time frame Most others won't take a reservation till Jan 1st.
So at this time what we most likely need to do is get a list of all prospective attendee's and tentative list of when works best.
June 24 x 30
July after 4th . Weeks of 8 x 14, 15 x 21, 22 x 9
August weeks of 5 x 11, 12 x 18, 19 x25, 26 x 1 Sep.

You put me in as probable. We have trip we are thinking of next year to OK City to visit family, and if this doesn't interfere with that we are in. This would be good practice for that trip.

For me a trip to the Hershey Park sounds good. Visiting Gettysburg sounds great.

We are in as long as we can convoy with someone on the way up and over. Never gone that far with the RV yet so would definitely need the buddy system lol
It's about 50% farther that I have traveled as well. My route would probably be ether through Chattanooga, or Charlotte.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter