DISMEET 2022? Is Anyone Interested?

OKAY, did I miss something? I don't recall a decision as to when and where being made. I am open to all choices and hope to attend. Then follow up to a trip to Akron and Canton Ohio and then a trip down into WV and Va.

Akron? Hey Mike, that's where I was born and attended elementary school there. We could do a walking tour in my old 'hood (brick streets), hit the Italian market/deli for lunch, visit the Little League baseball fields where my athletic career never took off, show you where I learned to ride a bike, then enjoy dinner at the Polish American Club (still in existence) about 2 blocks from my old house.

Hope you like perogies.

Ed

PS - anyone else interested can come along

OKAY, did I miss something? I don't recall a decision as to when and where being made. I am open to all choices and hope to attend. Then follow up to a trip to Akron and Canton Ohio and then a trip down into WV and Va.

The where was decided back on Aug 13th, Joe was gonna check on a group rate. My dates cover the week right after fathers day which is when I believe most had agreed was good for them.

Let’s put the RV park and date window in writing in one post please.

of course folks may stay after, arrive late, etc.

maybe even edit thread title with basic details.

Thanks Ed

Akron? Hey Mike, that's where I was born and attended elementary school there. We could do a walking tour in my old 'hood (brick streets), hit the Italian market/deli for lunch, visit the Little League baseball fields where my athletic career never took off, show you where I learned to ride a bike, then enjoy dinner at the Polish American Club (still in existence) about 2 blocks from my old house.

Hope you like perogies.

Ed

PS - anyone else interested can come along
Ed I LOVE perogies. I am basically a Human Garbage pail You put it on a plate and I will eat eat it with very few exceptions ie If I use if for BAIT It is not food.
Akron is home to the birthplace of an organization I am grateful to be a member of for the last 34 years and 3 moths and 10 days. Then in Canton the Football and R&R hall of fame

Gettysburg Campground
2030 Fairfield Road
Gettysburg, PA 17325
717-334-3304

Dismeet Dates Jun 20th thru 27th, come early, stay late.

15 campsites or more we get a 10% discount
20 campsites or more we get 15%,
Groupname: Disneyboards

Campsites are in the 70 area on the map, buddy sites if we want to be grouped together.

Dismeet Gathering Thursday the 23rd

Last edited:
Gettysburg Campground
2030 Fairfield Road
Gettysburg, PA 17325
717-334-3304

Dismeet Dates Jun 20th thru 27th, come early, stay late.

15 campsites or more we get a 10% discount
20 campsites or more we get 15%,
Groupname: Disboards

Campsites are in the 70 area on the map, buddy sites if we want to be grouped together.

So for all involved....

Going with this plan, would the assumption be that "official" get together day (aside from all the informal gatherings of the week) would likely be on Friday or Saturday?

So for all involved....

Going with this plan, would the assumption be that "official" get together day (aside from all the informal gatherings of the week) would likely be on Friday or Saturday?

Dismeet Gathering Thursday the 23rd

Ok, im working on the deatils in my brain, it may take a bit. I will try to rearange some stuff. Figure we can do 3 or 4 nights there and head to hersey park. Ill let you know later or in the am.

At worst case, $15 of things don’t line up, so I am set up for site 81 on 6/22-6/26, but going to extend that 1 day to 6/27… (only realized after making ressie that I wanted to do that… so that we can have 1 Hershey day and 1-2 battlefield days).

…extended to 27th.

Last edited:
So the group is up and running. We have another 19 sites available for the week, that are being held for us. Information for booking is located in Post #86

Here I thought I had it planned out and now the girls want the same timeframe for Lauren's sweet 16 Disney trip. Go figure, we are still working on dates to head down there and a lot depends on DVC availability too.

Gonna have to look seriously at the layout (want to book near the bathrooms/comfort stations - we have a popup, thankyouverymuch!). Should get a site booked in a couple of days once we consider what else in the area we want to do.

Bama Ed

It’s funny because a few days ago the sites in that section were open (on the online reservation map), but I realize now that the reason they all of a sudden show not too many available is that they are blocked out for us…

I assume you have to call in to book our group?

@bama_ed, hit me up when you have time so we can discuss a possible "convoy". I've not gone that far in our camper, and with our previous luck, would feel much better if we could tag up with someone along the way.

Well scratch all that, I forgot we have our inaugural cruise on the Disney Wish in June as well and we won't be able to take 2 vacations in one month. We'll have to miss this one folks, our apologies :(

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter