Dishes & silverware

HFC1969

Grand Floridian Junkie!
As our family is drawing near on its first trip "home" to OKW. We are starting to research the little things. I just read a post on a yahoo board concerning dishes & silverware.

Never really thought of it but I guess you must supply dishes & silverware? Is there anything else that I need to bring?

I haven't stayed in a studio yet, but the 1 and 2 bedroom kitchens are pretty much fully stocked with anything you might need, from glasses and silverware to pots and pans...

Are you staying in a studio? kitchen supplies are on the light side in a studio. A one bedroom and up come with a nicely equiped kitchen. Check the Disney web page, "For Members Only" for a complete list of supplies or let me know what type of unit you are staying and I'll copy over the list.

Sandy B.

Here a list a I copied from a prior post. If you see any changes needed, please let me know.

This is for a 1 or 2 BR

Items with ** are available upon request.

Kitchen Cabinets
8 dinner plates
8 salad plates
8 cereal bowls
8 coffee mugs
1 platter
2 vegetable bowls
creamer/sugar bowl set
1 salad bowl
8 juice glasses
8 wine glasses
1 shot glass
1 pitcher
1 colander
3 piece serving set
8 piece cookware set
**cookie sheet
1 oblong 3-quart dish
1 covered casserole dish 2quart
3 piece mixing bowl set
plastic measuring cups
cutting board
wicker sugar basket
**electric mixer
coffee maker
**** salt & pepper shakers **** No longer included
wastebasket
bottle dish detergent
box dish detergent
**1 pot holder
small box laundry soap

Kitchen drawers
1 solid Serving Spoon
1 serving fork
2 tablespoons
8 dinner forks
8 dinner knives
8 steak knives
8 soup spoons
8 teaspoons
1 cutlery tray
1 vegetable peeler
1 bottle opener
measuring spoons
tongs
**soup ladle
hand can opener
pancake turner
slotted spoon
corkscrew
cook's knife
paring knife
roaster slicer
sponge
whisk

Misc
toaster
dish drainer
vacuum cleaner
iron
ironing board
broom
dust pan

We are renting points for a studio at both BWV and VWL. Can you post the list of items in the studios too? I can't get the list off the DVC website myself, because we are renters, not owners. Hope to be owners after this trip :D

In the studio you'll have a toaster, coffeemaker, microwave, small refrigerator and a "wet bar" (sink area). You'll also have a corkscrew 2 coffee cups and 4 beverage glasses. (You can request additional coffe cups and/or glasses if needed.) You'll have a start up set of heavy weight paper plates and bowls and plastic knives/forks/spoons. These are the same as you get at the fast food restaurants in WDW. You also have paper towels, a small bottle of dishwashing liquid and a scrubber/sponge. Toilet paper, Kleenex a bar of soap and a bottle of shampoo are also provided. You can request additional toilet paper, Kleenex and paper towels if needed. You also get a start-up for one pot of coffee and some non-dairy creamer and sugar. You'll need to bring or buy additional.

I think that's everything....if I missed something would someone please add to the list?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter