Diseyland Shanghai in lockdown over 1 case

the US would have fewer cases if it locked up an entire theme park full of customers and refused to let them out until they were tested after tying in a single positive case (and she merely rode the subway in the area, she wasn't actually at Disneyland)

The countries that have decided to fully eradicate the virus (and they're having a hard time with the Delta variant) do tend to have lower numbers because they lock down at any positivity in the area. Other countries have gone the vaccination route - lots of cases, but fewer deaths and hospitalizations recorded than before widespread vaccination. UK coronavirus stats today were 39,682 new cases and 40 deaths.

Last edited:

you think it is ok to lock people in a park for hours to be tested because of one person.
It doesn't matter what I think. Each culture will declare others ridiculous for their actions.
Australia and New Zealand don't/ didn't let their own citizens return to their country if they got stuck abroad during the pandemic. That's a very severe method, we think is insane on this side of the world.

Agree with it, or find it ridiculous. Each country has their own methods. For the Asian/Pacific countries this is their method. In some ways they work (as in low death & infection rates), in other ways they don't (personal freedom).

I saw it on the news last night. It does seem like a huge overreaction from this American perspective--and I would have been so infuriated if I'd been caught up in it--but as PP suggested ... to each their own. Other countries have certainly done a much better job than we have of containing the virus so we aren't in a great position to cast stones, LOL.

the US would have fewer cases if it locked up an entire theme park full of customers and refused to let them out until they were tested after tying in a single positive case (and she merely rode the subway in the area, she wasn't actually at Disneyland)

The countries that have decided to fully eradicate the virus (and they're having a hard time with the Delta variant) do tend to have lower numbers because they lock down at any positivity in the area. Other countries have gone the vaccination route - lots of cases, but fewer deaths and hospitalizations recorded than before widespread vaccination. UK coronavirus stats today were 39,682 new cases and 40 deaths.
I understand this, I live in Western Australia where we do not have any covid and we are locked out from the rest of the world. No one can get in even from other Australian states unless they ha e a special exemption and they still need to spend two weeks in hotel quarantine.

BUT this can not keep going on forever, covid is here to stay and unless we want to be heremits for the rest of our lives sooner or later they will need to accept that covid will get on and people will catch it.

Now what surprises me about China is that even if is the country where it all started they are still choosing eradication. This to me is strange and hard to manage when international travel will resume

Shanghai has a reputation for being one of the most lax cities in China when it comes to COVID. That fact that the people were allowed to leave so quickly and only have to be tested again once shows this.

I know people who were sealed in their home in a different province in China for 21 days even though they were fully vaccinated and did not have any contact with confirmed or suspected cases. It was a removable seal so technically, they could break the seal and leave but if they did that, they would be arrested. If they did not have enough food in their home prior to being sealed, they would have been out of luck because there's no way to accept food deliveries without breaking the seal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter