• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Disembarkation Day/Question

dreamingofacruise

Earning My Ears
Hello, well the planning has started. We booked our first Disney cruise for April 2014, a Caribbean cruise out of Florida. Very excited! :-) We are Canadians and I am not quite familiar with immigration and customs for non-US citizens on a cruise. I have found too much contradictory information on the Internet. So anyone, who has recently cruised and is a Non-US citizen I would like to get some insight… like do they collect your passport at check-in, and then give you a receipt, which you have to keep throughout your cruise, and then on the last day you have to attend a very early (6:20 a.m.) immigration meeting where you get your passport back etc. We will be travelling with a 4 year old, so I am a bit worried about this early wake up on the last day, and how this whole disembarkation process looks.
So anyone with recent experience can give me some info? Thank you…

We're in Canada as well - sailing out of Miami this February but flying to Miami out of Buffalo. I haven't heard or read anything about having our passports collected at the beginning of the cruise. Might not be a bad idea though to double check that information with the travel agency where you booked your cruise. I'm thinking now that I may need to double check this info myself :|

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter