DISDad's Online Poker

twokids0204

DIS Dad #561
Anyone interested in playing poker?

I was looking around PokerStars, and they have this new section called HOME GAMES, where you can setup your own private tables and/or tournaments (I think).

If there are enough dad's out there, looking for a game just for bragging rights - no $, then we should set it up.

Post here if you are interested, and best available times.

Once we have enough, I will try to set this thing up, and get it going.

Reference so you know who's at the Table.
PokerStars name / DISBoard Name
towkids0204 / twokids0204
Wrassle / bdoyledimou
manifester / jmwest
middlepat / middlepat
DisDr. / DisDr.
DIS_Tutter99 / tutter99
DisneyDadC / DisneyDadC
UncleFrog / Scott2997
Scrooge0707 / UncleScrooge_0707
declandsdadca / declandsdad

Count me in. Ever since they cut off the money games I am falling out of practice. Full Tilt still have several hundred of my $'s hostage.

I play poker occasionally, but haven't really played online (outside of facebook). I'm interested, but I don't know how well my schedule would work out, being on the other side of the world and all...

Let me know. i would love to kick all your butts!

There seems to be a bit of interest stirring up.

As for timing - how is a weekday night (maybe Wednesday or Thursday) around 9:00 EST?

Maybe not for another week or two... just trying to get numbers, and availability at the moment.

9:30 would be better for me as 9 (8 my time) is DD's bed time. As for which night of the week any of the midweek days would work.

There seems to be a bit of interest stirring up.

As for timing - how is a weekday night (maybe Wednesday or Thursday) around 9:00 EST?

Maybe not for another week or two... just trying to get numbers, and availability at the moment.

That would make it 10am on Thursday or Friday for me, which would work for my current job, but once I start my new job come mid-October, no good. I may not be able to partake in the festivities. I suppose I'd only be available (your) Friday nights-Sunday morning 12pm at the latest.

Alright - I setup a game for this Thursday 9:30 pm EST.

Details

You are invited to join my private poker club for Home Games online.

- If you don't already have it, download the free PokerStars software
from http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/download/
- Open the main poker lobby, then click on the Home Games tab
- Click the 'Join a Poker Club' button
- Enter my Club ID number: 521944
- Enter my Invitation Code: MickeyMouse

That's it! Once I've approved your membership request, we'll be ready to start playing Home Games online together.

If you want to find out more, visit http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/home-games/

Once there, join the club. Check upcoming games, there is a game called TEST - it is 6 players per table, unlimited players (or up to 2000), No Limit Hold 'Em. They buy in is 300 + 20 (320) of play money. When you register you get $1000 play money.

Let's see how it goes.

Joined! Can't wait to take all of your virtual chips! :thumbsup2:lmao:

Joined. Now if I can remember to play during the LSU/ Miss St game!

Looks like we got a bit of intererest.

I'm starting a list on the first post to X-Reference the PokerStars name to the Disboard name.

And I deleted the original game called "TEST" and started a new one called DISDad's Poker Night I, we'll get more creative as we go on. I am thinking we will name our tournaments after attractions at WDW.

i.e.

DISdads battle for SOARIN'
Or
Cinderella's Castle is up for grabs

What better price to have, then be the virtual owner of Cinderella's Castle!

oh, and you can register NOW - I've registered for the game already.
Then you just turn on your pokerstars Thursday evening, and the table will load.

I am going to register but I have that crazy podcast thing going on this week. Hoepfully I can get in the next one.

I am going to register but I have that crazy podcast thing going on this week. Hoepfully I can get in the next one.

Come by after the podcast, if you have time. Maybe we will get in a second game.

Join the group either way, so you get e-mails when games are scheduled.

I would love to get into online poker. But, I really hate downloading anything on my computer. I don't know why.

but have fun! I maybe can get talked into it later... Game is tomorrow, right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter