DISCruise 1.0 - 8/24-8/31/2013 Royal Caribbean Cruise Oasis of the Seas

Do we all have the same time for Giovanni's (if, so do we know what it is yet)? Or will we all have different times?

We are still waiting on info from RCCL about this. As soon as we know we will let everyone on the cruise know.

I just joined the discussion board. Even though I am not going on this cruise. I was on Oasis of the Seas this past January. And it was fabulous!

If anyone has any questions/tips, let me know! I can try to answer them....

I just joined the discussion board. Even though I am not going on this cruise. I was on Oasis of the Seas this past January. And it was fabulous!

If anyone has any questions/tips, let me know! I can try to answer them....

First, thanks for joining the DIS Boards! :welcome:

I'd be interested in hearing your take on the food in the Main Dining Room and in the Specialty Restaurants. Also, if you are drinkers, which lounges you enjoyed.

Carol (Disney Enabler) and I are looking forward to seeing everyone on DIS Cruise 1.0! I am hoping I don't get lost on that huge ship!

I loved the food in the Main Dining Room food. The menu changed every night except for a few staples like Caesar salad. I highly recommend the escargot and the prime rib roast. I didn't eat at the specialty restaurants as I found that the Windjammer buffet and the main dining room was good. The breakfast in the main dining room is awesome and the Solarium has good breakfast too. Try the different places for breakfast and lunch. Oh and the roast beef sandwich in the Central Park café is awesome too....

I wish I could go again!!

Do we know about how many of us are in our group? Getting excited about meeting everyone

In chat the other night somebody mentioned there were about 75 of us.

Heading to Orlando tomorrow so I will miss the last chat(and I feel bad I missed this weeks) I should be in MK the night of chat. :)

Can't wait to meet everyone on the transfer to Fort Lauderdale and the ship, happy travels to all! :goodvibes

I just got this text from RCCL:

S: Oasis of the Seas Notification
We are contacting you with important information regarding your upcoming sailing on the Oasis of the Seas on August 24, out of Fort Lauderdale. Due to recent government budget reductions, U.S. Customs and Border Protection staffing has been affected, creating a longer immigration processing time for departing guests, and the ship has experienced a later clearance time for arriving guests. Therefore, please do not arrive at the cruise terminal prior to 12:30 p.m. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation, and look forward to welcoming you onboard.

Val and I both got a text saying that too

I have gotten three emails, two phone calls and three texts.

I get it. I get it.

After 12:30pm.

I get it.

I'm may go at 9:00am just to annoy them.

The caller id showed 11111111 so I didn't answer.

I was tempted not to answer, but did. In addition to the call, I also got two emails and a text.

Not sure exactly what time we'll get to the port. We are flying down on Friday and staying practically within walking distance of the port (Embassy Suites). Despite the emails/calls/texts, I have been reading on CC boards that they usually start boarding around 11:30.

For those going on Oasis on Saturday, I would go earlier than their 12:30PM time, as there will be 6000+ other people checking in, etc for boarding.

When I went in January, We got there at 10am and the port was PACKED with people already checking in! And they said not to be there before 12.

When you check-in, they'll just make you wait in the boarding anyway until they're ready for passengers. This may be a good way for the DIS members to mingle before boarding too.....just a thought:rolleyes2

Looking forward to meeting all of you Dis-y people! Have a safe trip to Ft Lauderdale!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter