Discovery Cove

drennan

Disney Nutter - Looking for FUN !!!! Life is what
Hello Everyone:wave:

Can someone tell me what the park times are for Discovery Cove, I've looked on their site but to no avail. We have booked to swim with the Dolphins when we go in October - can't wait.

ttfn

Thanx............Crazygolfer I appreciate your quick response.:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Thats ok i found the times under the faq page on the discovery cove web site.I`m off to orlando in 4 weeks time and im planning a swim with the dolphins on monday sept 16th have not booked yet still plenty of places when i looked on the web site so i will leave it a bit longer so it does not appear on my visa bill until after the holiday. :D

What you will find when you book DC, is that although there are still places spare, the morning slots for the dolphin swim will all have gone. Try doing a dummy booking and you will see what I mean.

Benngunn

Are morning slots for swimming with dolphins better?

Why?

Thinking about Discovery Cove for our next trip.

Thanks.

:jester: :jester: :jester:

An interesting question - we booked for the afternoon but have thought since that maybe the morning slots would have been better as there may be less chance of a thunderstorm.

Our initial thoughts were that it would be best to do the dolphin swim last otherwise the rest of the day would be an anticlimax.

I will let you know how we get on in our trip reports.

Hello Richard:wave: - we booked our swim (5 adults 1 child) nearly six months ago for October 17th I don't know if its morning or afternoon though, is it more likely we will get a morning slot seeing as we booked so long ago. Or should I phone to confirm.:rolleyes:

ttfn

Its me again Richard

I have just phoned seaworld who have informed us that we get an allocated time slot when we arrive on the day.!!!! Is this the case or did you actually book a time on the net ?:confused:

When you book on line, you have to choose one of four areas of the day when you want your swim; from early morning to mid afternoon. The precise time of your swim is allocated when you arrive - it may be that the selection during the on line booking is completely ignored anyway and they just allocate the times when you arrive.

We will find out a week on Sunday!

We have been twice & booked on-line time slot but they are completely ignored, 1st come 1st served!
We have arrived 08.20-08.30 - they are open and gives you time to get your photo taken for ID and chnaged if you are going for an early dolphin swim. You can then make the most of the rest of the day.
Also means not too busy if you arrive early, even at 08.20 there appears to be several people already in the park but no queue to check in - biggest queue was to get wet suits etc - staff seemed very slow - tip ladies - US dress sizes are different to UK - need to know this to get wet suit that fits!

Chris

Definitely try and get a morning swim. When we was there in July we had our swim at 12.30 later around 2pm that afternoon we were given a code red tornado and all swims were cancelled. Those who had missed their timeslots had to return the next day. That’s okay if your not going home...

I requested an afternoon swim as we're going 3rd Dec, and I thought it would be warmer in the afternoon.

:jester: 108 to go :jester:

The water is temperature controlled for the dolphins, so the time of day is unlikely to make any difference to the dolphin experience part of your day.

Regards

Rob

We did this last year and it was fantastic. Get there early morning before opening time as it takes a little time getting sorted out. We had a choice when booking whether we wanted a slot in the morning, mid morning, early p.m. or late p.m. We had to choose two slots as we couldn't all swim together due to having a little one with us, so we choose mid morning and early p.m. Its not till you check in that you are given an actual swim time within your timeframe slot, as we checked in early we had the pick of the times.

I would highly recommend getting a wet suit as the water is cold. For children you definitely need the swim vest as you have to go into quite deep water. Don't put on suntan cream before you go as you are given special cream which is 'dolphin friendly'. You are also given snorkelling equipment which you get to keep. Feeding the fish is definitely an experience not to be missed.

The lunch there was one of the best I can remember with lots of good choices and plentiful.

Its a great day and you'll have a fantastic time.

Annmarie

Thanks for all your information Annmarie, I will make sure the rest of our group are aware of these points, this is one of the things I'm most looking forward too, its a chance of a lifetime and dolphins are just soooooooo amazing creatures.:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

ttfn

i feel a bit guilty.....

my g/f wanted / wants to goto discovery cove but the rest of the group have managed to talk her out of going due to the cost....

but looking at various sites and reading trip reports it sounds fantastic

:(

I understand the issue about cost. It certainly makes you gulp and we thought twice, no thrice, about it before booking but I have to say that now I've done it I personally wouldn't hesitate to pay it again. It really is an incredible experience, one we'll never forget, and when else are you ever likely to get so close and interact with such wonderful creatures.

The only reason we haven't booked it again for our trip next year is that our youngest is still too young for the swim so we're saving it for when she can also do it.

My one and only complaint was that we were enjoying it so much that the time just literally disappeared but even if you had the whole day with the dolphins it still wouldn't be long enough;)

Annmarie

i might wait til near the end of our holiday and see how much cash we're got left and go for the day

it'll be a nice surprise for her then !

We have booked for January as DD Sam is mad on Dolphins but of course the whole family has to go along too so the cost mounts up! I think the price for those not swimming with the dolphins is quite steep.

I have a fish phobia so won't be making much use of the other activities either (I will be wearing my shades I think!) but as it's something Sam has always wanted to do I just have to forget the cost and hope she enjoys it!

Just hoping that the weather won't be too cold to laze around as I know in January it can be quite cold sometimes.

As long as Sam enjoys herself I will be happy! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter