Discovery cove with a no swim dh?

erinch

Parsing the same ee cummings poem for 20 years
my dh doesn't swim. no swimsuit. no in the water. no nothing.
2 kids are fish and want desperately to swim w dolphins.

is there enough at Discovery cove to keep dh entertained without going in the water? is there a cool place to sit and read?

You could have the DH take photos of you during your dolphin swim. Also, there are big beach benches he can lay on and read a book. Then again, I'm thinking, "You spent $100+ just to read a book?" :) There's an aviary and other good animal exhibits.

There is a swim lagoon that would be good just to cool off in, it's zero entry and only goes to about 5 feet deep I think. So he neededn't look like he's a non swimmer. I do think it's a good idea to take swim trunks, just in case he changes his mind. The stingray lagoon is only waist deep, he could at least feel part of the "fun".

As Barry says there is the aviary and the beach area is very nice to sit and read. Other than the occassional squeeks and whistles from the dolphins it's pretty quiet. Seeing as the ticket cost includes a wek in SW ( at least a $50 value) and lunch ( maybe a $20 value) I don't think the cost is too bad, the opportunity to watch your kids have a great day out and possibly an experience of a life time at $30 doesn't look expensive, JMHO.

There is a very nice beach area with lounges, chairs, and small tables with umbrellas. The beach area also has a great view of some of the water areas, including the dolphin lagoon. Your husband could be your official photographer and could probably get some great shots of you and the kids in the water. He could even get some good shots of all of you with a video camera. He could do it from the beach, but would need a good zoom on the camera to get close-up shots. The trainers/guards at DC don't mind anyone taking pictures, but they will not let anyone climb around on the rocks for safety reasons.

There is a nice aviary that all of you cold enjoy. The birds are very friendly and will fly down and land on you, especially if you are holding out a cup of food for them. There are also a few little critters running around. I remember seeing some sort of tiny deer.

You could also have lunch together. The buffet lunch is very good and the portions are huge!

Even if your husband doesn't want to do any water activities, (sounds like my husband!), I think he would enjoy a day at DC just relaxing and watching the rest of you swim with dolphins and doing other water activities.

thanks all! He hates to be left behind, so we will look at it as an expensive "feed the birds" and go to seaworld ticket.

are there shady places he can sit with his book?

Are you saying that your husband is a "groundhog"? Sorry, couldn't resist...:o

There are places to sit & read but try to ecourage him to take a suit. There are many shallow places and when you are there it would be VERY hard to sit and watch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter