Discover Disney and Resort Reservations

kdogfister

Earning My Ears
I noticed that the Discover Disney tickets for Florida residents require proof of Florida residency at first use. Is it possible to link the tickets to a resort stay and book fastpasses at the 60 day mark without first proving residency?

We are staying on property with family who are Florida residents and suggested they buy the Discover Disney tickets as it works well with our dates (leaving on 6/30 when the passes expire). But now I'm worried I won't be able to get the tickets linked up without them first proving residency. Any experience with this?

I think you will be able to link them to MDE without issue, but all adults would need to show proof of residency when you use the tickets your first day.

I just did this with Florida Resident tickets (not the Discovery Disney tickets but same concept). I am not a FL resident but was traveling with someone that is. I could link the confirmation for her paid ticket to my MDE account and make advance FPs for both of us, no problem. When we arrived at the park she presented the ticket purchase confirmation and her FL license at Guest Services and then she got the ticket.

I noticed that the Discover Disney tickets for Florida residents require proof of Florida residency at first use. Is it possible to link the tickets to a resort stay and book fastpasses at the 60 day mark without first proving residency?

We are staying on property with family who are Florida residents and suggested they buy the Discover Disney tickets as it works well with our dates (leaving on 6/30 when the passes expire). But now I'm worried I won't be able to get the tickets linked up without them first proving residency. Any experience with this?

Residency does not have to be proved till arrival at your first Disney park! :D

And a final bit of follow up that I was way overthinking this. They just ask that you prove residency at first use, but you can link the passes to a resort reservation and book fastpasses just as with a non-resident ticket.

I have purchased and linked the tickets without issue.

We just bought our discover tickets. Now - how do we link them to our my disney experience app and begin choosing fast pass slots?

We just bought our discover tickets. Now - how do we link them to our my disney experience app and begin choosing fast pass slots?

They should already be linked. Go to your plans look for the ticket tab. Click on that to see your tickets. And you can't make FP reservations till your 60 day or 30 day window opens. Again, look on your plans page. At the top find where it says FP. Underneath that it will give your date. :D I just checked...on the app, it doesn't show your FP date, but you can see it if you're on MDE on the Disney website.

Last edited:
They should already be linked. Go to your plans look for the ticket tab. Click on that to see your tickets. And you can't make FP reservations till your 60 day or 30 day window opens. Again, look on your plans page. At the top find where it says FP. Underneath that it will give your date. :D I just checked...on the app, it doesn't show your FP date, but you can see it if you're on MDE on the Disney website.
We got it! :)

We selected 3 rides for each day. Is there a way to get more?

Also how do we end up redeeming them?

We got it! :)

We selected 3 rides for each day. Is there a way to get more?

Also how do we end up redeeming them?

@mesaboy2 has a great FP sticky on this forum! Visit there to learn about it.

You redeem them at the park they are in during the time you chose. You have a 20 minute grace period to use them. Five minutes before and 15 minutes after. Once you use your third one, you can get one at a time while you're in the park. So long as a FP is available for said ride. We have a DISer who posted on doing 13 FPs in MK! @JETSDAD !

I hope I've helped! Again, visit the FP sticky on the top of this forum.

my parents used them last year and I was able to link them and book FP for our trip you have to stop at GR before you do into the park to prove your are a FL resident

Last edited:
my parents used them last year and I was able to link them and book FP for our trip you have to stop at GR before you do into the park to prove your are a FP resident

They alread figured this out. :D And what's a FP resident?? :crazy: I know that I'm a FL resident. Are your fingers like mine and hitting wrong buttons or you have so many abbreviations in your head you just type one meaning another?? :upsidedow

@mesaboy2 has a great FP sticky on this forum! Visit there to learn about it.

You redeem them at the park they are in during the time you chose. You have a 20 minute grace period to use them. Five minutes before and 15 minutes after. Once you use your third one, you can get one at a time while you're in the park. So long as a FP is available for said ride. We have a DISer who posted on doing 13 FPs in MK! @JETSDAD !

I hope I've helped! Again, visit the FP sticky on the top of this forum.
So I have them on my DE app but is there something I scan to show the CM I’m supposed to be here?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter