• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Discounted Tickets: Not for us!?

Action Jackson

From Infinity & Beyond
Although I've lurked on these boards for over a year now, I finally took a look at the UK and Canadian messages and have found the deals that they are offered throughout the year are almost unbelievable to what a non-Florida resident of the US can purchase tickets for.

Canadians right now can purchase a 7 Day Park Hopper Plus with a Character Breakfast at buy one get one half price. UK residents can purchase a 10 day Hopper pass with unlimited plus features w/Disney Quest included and Character Breakfast.

Unless I've really missed it, there has never been such offers to US residents. We struggle with at most getting 10%.

Yes the discounted passes have limitations, black out dates, expiration dates and so forth, but how many of us would plan a trip to WDW because of discounted tickets? I know I would.

This issue may have been addressed here before, if so, I'm sorry for the repeat.

Prehaps we could send a message to Disney letting them know how much US citizens would appreciate a "deal" once in a while too!

Take care all,

It would be great if US residents got some of these special deals. The main reason I can't go to WDW more is because ticket prices are exorbant! I would go more if I could get a discount on the tickets. That being said, I think they offer those tickets to foreigners because their traveling expenses are usually higher, and Disney wants to "reel them in". US/IOA frequently offers specials on their passes, and because of this, I think our next trip to Fl. will be to visit these parks. It will just about kill me to be that close to WDW and NOT go there, but with 6 of us (5 are considered adults by disney), we just can't afford it!

My cousins can fly from Vancouver to Orlando for around $200(us) and that is about the same or a little more than for us to fly from Baltimore! He doesn't even get to come to Baltimore because of the great deals he can get to Orlando, so we have to go there to see him.

Also their dollar doesn't go as far. But, ticket specials would definitely get Disney more business at their hotels and at the parks in food and merchandise.

I'd just like to be able to get a deal on tickets once in a while. Sorry to whine.

Other side of the argument.....

What $200 flight from Vancouver???? From Toronto (2.5 hour flight), the lowest is about $270 US. Flying out of Buffalo for $180 US.

As for Parkhoppers, yes the price is right, yet it is only for a 7-day parkhopper and it has an expiry date May 13, 2002.

So if you are married to WDW and want nothing else that Orlando has to offer then may be all is fine.

For me, who has only a week and wants to see USF, Seaworld... the parkhopper is useless and with our crappy $ we are paying 50%-60% more with the exchange.

I wish I had 10-14 days, but most of us do not and WDW knows it and offeres the passes more as a deterrent against USF and SW.

As for the true winners, look at Florida residents or Annual memebers who can go 20+ times a year, that is wonderful. Florida residents have a 4 day pass now for $99..... Those are the one's getting the bargain.

Give me a 4-day Hopper and then we'd be talking.....

I totally agree - a 4 day Park Hopper for $25 per day is THE deal! It expires too (June 7) and has black out dates like holiday periods.

As far as the $200 airfare from Vancouver.....that is about what they pay and I don't have any details on it.

It would just be nice for US residents to receive a ticket deal too once in a while, as we would definitely plan our trips around any offers since we don't get to go 20+ times a year. We too spend our hard earned dollars at Disney for the enjoyment they have to offer.

I'm not knocking Canadians or anyone else who gets a good offer, 90% of my family lives in or is from Canada. I just don't think we'll ever see any discounted ticket offers, even with exp. dates or limitations offered.

Take care,

I can see how a first glance at the Canadian Ticket deal might look like a tremendous deal. However, we Canadians are paying $1.60 CDN for every $1.00 USF. The big picture is different ~ it's that *don't judge the book by it's cover* thing.

That means my 7 DHP costs $500 CDN ($313 USF) The Disney Web Site lists the same ticket as $325.00 USF, so the $12.00 difference isn't a big deal and my ticket does expire, while the web site ticket doesn't. The deal is that the second or companion ticket is 50% off. So instead of dh and I paying $650 USF for tickets that don't expire, we pay $470 USF for tickets that do expire. Yes there is a savings, but we also have to pay $1.60 CDN for $1.00 USF on food, accomodations, car rental, gas, souveniers etc.,. My WDW vacation is costing $7000.00 CDN, is USF that's $4375.00 ~ so Disney does give Canadian's a limited good deal, that we definately appreciate, however the $180.00 savings to me in tickets ensures over $4000 USF is other spending at WDW/USA. To put things in perspective, last year I paid $300 CDN per night at CBR. The enticement of the CDN deal tickets gets Canadians to Florida to spend lots and lots of $$$$$ in the States. I would think the Canadian Govt' would want us to keep our money in Canadian tourism, but they aren't as smart as Disney. The small deal for Canadians means we spend much needed tourism dollars in the United States of America instead of Canada. Disney is acutally helping the USA ecomony by getting Canadians to put our money in the States, that's a good thing, right? However, like I said, I can see how, on the surface, the deal looks great ~ the big picture is a different story.

Disney did offer a good ticket deal last year, for a short period of time, but it was limited to Chicago and I think LA. If you bought your ticket at one of the DS's there, you got a $50.00 gift card to use at Disney. We live in the Ann Arbor, Mi. area, but my husband was commuting to Chicago, so he picked up the tickets for us. We were told by the DS people that we could use the gift cards at WDW , but when we got down there no one would take them. Eventually we were able to exchange that card for disney dollars and all was well. So, never give up...maybe someday....... in your area....... there will be something to cheer about!

I have no idea how much $ airfare is anywhere else, but we drive because airfare from Tulsa (1 hour drive for us, closest airport), is abut 350.00-400.00 per person! sometimes they run a special of 300.00 pp. If we drive the 4 hrs. to DFW there are sometimes some really good deals on airfare. But with 6 of us, it is soooo much cheaper to drive than fly and rent a car ( I hate shuttle busses!). I have always assumed that airfare from Canada or England would be much higher than from within the cont. US. And I know the Canadian $ is worth less than the US $. I am really glad when others get a good deal or special. I actually get excited when it happens!! I just wish I could get in on a good deal sometimes too (on tix). I would make ANOTHER trip to WDW if that happened....or take a longer trip, either way, Disney would be making more $$ off of me!!!

I think it's the same thing as CODES. Some places get codes while others don't. Some codes are better than others. Just Disney marketing ~ and they are very good at it. Each time I visit our local amusement/theme park near Toronto, Paramount Canada's Wonderland, I always remark how they can improve their marketing to be more Disney-like. But since they aren't Disney-like, I will spend thousands in Florida enjoying every penny I spend because we love Disney and we adore all the people we meet in Florida.

We are saving much more money from codes than we are with the Canadian ticket deal. Between the code we got for CSR and the rental car, the savings is $800 USF, which is from codes anyone could use from www.mousesavers.com

I didn't know about the UK ticket deal, but again, it's marketing and good thing ~ lots of British at WDW spending money is better for USA than an easier trip to Disney Paris where the money would go.

Although it's a good ticket deal, I think lots of folks still buy other tickets options that are available to everyone. I know several Canadians with AP's and the other day in DS a family was buying regular 5 Day Hopper Passes.

Happy Days! Sandra

AIRFARE FROM TORONTO:

Last April our airfare thru Air Transat was $230 pp USF

This April our airfare thru Air Canada is $275 pp USF

Both those prices are great seat sales. Several Canadians in southern Ontario drive to Buffalo and fly Southwest because it can be half the airfare as I stated above. I have read the same about other provinces too.

Our flight takes about 2 and a quarter hours, so that's pretty good. I think we will drive the next time to take advantage of visiting more beautiful States that we have never seen before.

This summer we are planning a driving trip to Ohio to take advantage of our Paramount Canada's Wonderland season passes being portable. It's about a 10 hour car trip, so good practice for our eventual WDW drive of 24 hours. dh and dd are interested in driving to our Canadians maritime provinces, but I swayed them south instead of east. Again more Candian dollars in the States instead of Canada.

I wish everyone could get great deals all the time too! Between mousesavers codes and the ticket deal we can *barely* justify the tremendous amount of money spent on WDW trips. Without codes and ticket deal, we would stay in Canada for vacations. The total we spent for last April's trip and this April's trip is $15,000 CDN ~ I can buy a car for that! That's a lot of money going over the border. I can see the stradegy around this. Say a family in Cincinnati, Ohio is planning a vacation. They have several choices (1) Drive to WDW, about 14 hours (2) Stay in Ohio and enjoying Kings Island and a few weekend in Cedar point (3) Drive to Myrtle Beach for a week. It's American dollars staying in America. With international deals, you get Canadian and UK funds coming to the States. When we really think it, who is getting the deal? WOW, that's was DEEP! LOL! Happy Days! Sandra

I am sure they will never do that but any thought of doing away with the crappie valued Canadian dollar and just using the American dollar? Probably not but its a thought. Then Mexico could use it and it could be the North American dollar lol

I think we should go one step further and do away this all international currency and just go to GLOBAL DISNEY DOLLARS! LOL!

Last year we went the opposite direction.

We went to Ontario, Canada for our vacation. WDW is great, but I can't camp down there (too hot, too many bugs) We alternate between WDW and Canada for our vacations. The exchange rate works the other way for us. The US dollar gets an extra 50-60 cents when you cash it in. It's only fair that we take some of our money up there. They don't have to give discounts out, because with the exchange rate the discount is already in place. I feel sorry when the come here and lose so much in the exchange. Disney just tries to even things out.

Welcome to the USA. I feel very welcome when I go to Canada. We love it there. If we could afford it we would have a summer home there.

XOXOXOXOXOXOX WELCOME TO CANADA!

WE love Americas up here! We always feel like family! There is lots to do up here (nothing like Disney) not still lots. YES, you all can get great deals here. A $200 night hotel room is only $125 USF and that would be a great hotel room! You get nailed with our high taxes, but at the border ask for a GST Rebate Form, save your receipts and you'll get the money you spent on GST back! That's a little bit of a deal!!!! Chat soon! S

You need to check out fares from Southwest Airlines. They have promotion fares for $198-$258 per personfrom Tulsa, depending on what day you go. Now & then they do even better. You can get on their email alert list for weekly specials.

We finally got a SW VISA card which racks up miles with them. I don't think we've actually bought a ticket in 3 years.

I will sign up for the specials by e- mail...where are you? We are in Muskogee!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter