Discounted Annual Passes - Information and Official Exchange Thread

Has anyone who didn't originally receive the Mickey Monitor with the discount cards had any luck in getting one? My wife and I let our AP expire on April 6th, but we renewed them on April 18th. We should be entitiled to receive the Mickey Monitor with the discount cards, but despite stopping by guest services twice over the past two months and giving them our name and AP information we still have yet to receive it. We have several family members looking to purchase AP's later this month, so I would really like to get it.

Am I just out of luck or does anyone have any tips for getting the monitor with the cards?

Thanks,
Brett

Has anyone who didn't originally receive the Mickey Monitor with the discount cards had any luck in getting one? My wife and I let our AP expire on April 6th, but we renewed them on April 18th. We should be entitiled to receive the Mickey Monitor with the discount cards, but despite stopping by guest services twice over the past two months and giving them our name and AP information we still have yet to receive it. We have several family members looking to purchase AP's later this month, so I would really like to get it.

Am I just out of luck or does anyone have any tips for getting the monitor with the cards?

Thanks,
Brett

No, sorry, no tips here. We have both been AP holders for four years and in that time have received three Mickey Monitors between us, and one was the one with the cards, one I called and asked them to send because it had the castle lights on the cover, and one showed up early on. I don't think they have a clue who their AP holders are and they certainly do not send these things out to all of us or we wouldn't have to beg so hard to get something that was supposed to be included in our membership.

Hi Folks
I have one card left offering 10% off annual passes for up to 6 people. It however must be used at the ticket counter at disneyworld. I think it can be combined with the DVC annual pass discount as well. It has to be used by July 31. If anyone is interested and plans on visiting before the end of the month, just PM me your address and I will send it out to you in the mail.

Thanks
Jim

I have one left as well. PM with your address if you would like me to send it out to you.
thanks
Jim

I have 2 of the AP discount cards still available. PM me and ill get them right out to you!

Thanks,
Brett

Yes we got them afterwards. I didn't get my Mickey Monitor on May 1 and called and it arrived about 4 weeks later. My daughter got her AP on May 9th and I sent an email to the passholder office for her asking for the referrral cards and she got them 3 weeks afterwards. Unfortunately you don't have enough time to get the referral cards before the promotin ends. I just logged into the disney website and clicked contact guest relations. There was a drop down box and I choose passholder question and gave them her name and passholder number. We got a strange email telling me to go to the passholder website to read the Mickey Monitor and figured our request was not going to be filled, but strangely they arrived and I gave them away on this website within a week of arriving. I'm so glad the moderators let us use this thread to find homes for our cards as it was quick and easy! I gave all four of my cards away within 48 hours of receiving them.

Yes we got them afterwards. I didn't get my Mickey Monitor on May 1 and called and it arrived about 4 weeks later. My daughter got her AP on May 9th and I sent an email to the passholder office for her asking for the referrral cards and she got them 3 weeks afterwards. Unfortunately you don't have enough time to get the referral cards before the promotin ends. I just logged into the disney website and clicked contact guest relations. There was a drop down box and I choose passholder question and gave them her name and passholder number. We got a strange email telling me to go to the passholder website to read the Mickey Monitor and figured our request was not going to be filled, but strangely they arrived and I gave them away on this website within a week of arriving. I'm so glad the moderators let us use this threat to find homes for our cards as it was quick and easy! I gave all four of my cards away within 48 hours of receiving them.

You must have got in on the action quickly, then! Now we all just get lost in one anothers' posts! :rotfl:

(To which I'll shamelessly add, I still have all 8 of our cards :rolleyes: Unless you are a DVC member, etc I have never seen APs go "on sale"! These cards could save your family hundreds of dollars on an AP or PAP. PM me or email me jn.kaufman@yahoo.com if you have questions or are looking for a card!)

You must have got in on the action quickly, then! Now we all just get lost in one anothers' posts! :rotfl:

(To which I'll shamelessly add, I still have all 8 of our cards :rolleyes:)

Nope, actually just gave away the last card 2 weeks ago today! I sent you a PM.

I hope this isn't off topic... But, we will be at WDW August 25th-Sept 7th. I heard that the gift cards for the original AP holders are supposed to be mailed out sometime in August. Does anyone know when they are supposed to be mailed? It would be nice to have the card for our trip!

Also, I have 1 discount card left if anyone wants it they can pm me.

I've got two more discount cards left if anyone still needs one. PM me with you address and I will get it right out to you.

Just wanted to share my experience at MK guest services (outside the park) in upgrading my 10 day Non-exp. MYW (purchased as part of the buy 4 get 3 free promotion) to AP. All I can say is that because of posts by Chesire figmant, Robo, and others posting their experiences with this transaction, I knew my information. Otherwise, it would have not have occurred as it rightfully should have. Oh, and I did use my ticket once before going to guest services for upgrade. First, the CM told that I could not use the 10% discount card (thanks Puu) because these were not new tickets (huh? I never had an AP before; she said that they were MYW tickets and not new). I immediately pulled out my print out of frequently asked questions on the referral promotion that I had printed off the disney website (a tip I picked up here on the boards). She then said that she could give me the 10% discount but the person who I received the card from would not get the gift cards (huh? why not? it is the promotion). I calmly said that she should be entitled to it. She then said, well I will staple her card to the receipt and the office can decide what to do. Now, I must say I was very calm throughout this exchange. Ok, next I was told to pay $200 and some dollars to get the upgrade to AP to each ticket (huh? according to the 4/3 deal, get 3 free so I should pay nothing extra and receive $16 refund or credit). I did tell her that from my understanding that I shouldn't have to pay anything extra. Ok, this is where she mentioned to me about what I had paid and that I should not be entitled to the 3 free. I then explained from my understanding that the normal price of the 10 day NEP ticket would be applied. She then got her manager's attention and mentioned how shocked that wdw would honor this deal. Apparently, the manager did inform her correctly but believe me she was not happy at all. No disney magic there. She did honor the AP referral discount pass to each of the upgrades and then issued me a refund for the difference in price on a gift card. No "have a magical day" when we departed. It was more like this, "ok, I'm done". Even my 11 year old son, who was right beside me throughout this whole exchange said, "no disney magic there Mom".

Just wanted to share my experience and it could have went entirely differently if it wasn't for the information on this board and specifically this thread. Just keep your cool and keep stating the facts. Oh, and just have your information with you just in case.

Just wanted to share my experience and it could have went entirely differently if it wasn't for the information on this board and specifically this thread. Just keep your cool and keep stating the facts. Oh, and just have your information with you just in case.

I am so glad this worked for you. Sometimes people act like it is "their" money and don't want to part with it. Very smart of you to have it in writing.:thumbsup2

Thanks,
Brett

nope:headache: read my posts in this thread and you'll see what I mean

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter