Discontinued Stock Certificates

MickeyNola

Mouseketeer
Just saw an article on Bloomberg Business that Disney is going to stop issuing paper stock certificates and only issue shares electronically. They make a nice keepsake made up in a frame with a quote from Walt across the bottom. Does anyone have one? Why do you think they're not being made any more? I had one when I was a kid, it might still be in a filing cabinet in my parents house, who knows, but I always thought they were cool.

because everything is going electronically.

Just saw an article on Bloomberg Business that Disney is going to stop issuing paper stock certificates and only issue shares electronically. They make a nice keepsake made up in a frame with a quote from Walt across the bottom. Does anyone have one? Why do you think they're not being made any more? I had one when I was a kid, it might still be in a filing cabinet in my parents house, who knows, but I always thought they were cool.

Is it too late to purchase some? I'd really love to be able to purchase some. Anyone with info.? Please? TIA!

I feel lucky. Last year I sent in a check worth just over 10 shares at the time, directly to Disney and asked for a paper certificate, and they sent it.
I framed it and hung it up.:)

We have a couple of shares that we had bought through ING a while back, but we did not get the super cool paper certificates. Is there a site that operates in a similar fashion (selling individual shares) that will ship a paper certificate without a frame? I can understand that they need to make money on the transactions, however paying said fees AND selling me a frame for $40 that I may or may not want doesn't compute for my pocketbook.

TIA!:wave2:

My wife bought mine without a frame for my 50th birthday last year (it did come with a cool mat) from OneShare.com (I had it framed locally).

They are taking orders through Tuesday, 10/15 at Noon PDT.

Very cool -- sorry to see them going away with so little notice! Would have loved to buy them for nieces/nephews, but don't have that much money just laying around (thirteen N&Ns!)

For those last minute ones, your only option is to get them directly from Disney. But you need a minimum investment of $250 and the cost to overnight the documentation. There's a $15 fee and based on current prices you should get 3 physical shares.

Decided to do this instead of one share.

from pre 1981 and post 1981. The difference is that the post 1981 are full color. Most of those sold on ebay are voided, redeemed or 'specimen'. Occasionally you can find one that is not. I have two of each, one redeemed and one still valid of each. They are great collectors items :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter