Disclosure Needed For Podcast Cruise

Status
Not open for further replies.

BWV Dreamin

DIS Veteran
After speaking with Dreams Unlimited, getting my cash quote for the Podcast Cruise, I was informed that not only to get the discounts for the cruise, ONLY PARTICIPANTS WHO PAID IN CASH COULD PARTICIPATE IN THE PODCAST EVENTS! Now, I can understand having to use cash for the room discounts, but no where on this site, or Podcasts site does it say only cash cruiseres can participate in the Podcast events. I find this highly discriminatory against DVC member who wish to use points for the cruise. Hopefully, a mod or Podcast member can clarify these terms. I will also be emailing the Podcast team with this same info, whom I spoke with at Dreams Unlimited, and her supervisor that she checked with. A disclosure should be made on the Podcast shows.

Here's the link to John's post that clearly states the cruise has to be booked thru Dreams Unlimited to qualify for any special events:
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=22490144&postcount=64

I also replied to this in the other thread you posted on. This cruise is not sponsored by Disney or DVC...why would you even think you could book it thru member services using points and still be considered part of the DU events? I'm sure the commission they are earning off the bookings will be used to offset the cost of any exclusive activities the group will be invited to.

you can please some of the people some of the time... So this is not so much about paying cash (Hello... DreamUnlimited, I have a G-String full of singles and wanna book a cruise) as it is about booking though DU for the cruise.

Wouldn't you expect that you would have to book though DU in order to get the "package". While I am sure they are not "loosing" money on the deal, if the Dis-pod meet is any indicator, it will be worth it. I am in fact shaking loose as many dimes and quarters from my undies as I can to make budget for going. Might there be anyone else that would be in the single rider line?

Here's the link to John's post that clearly states the cruise has to be booked thru Dreams Unlimited to qualify for any special events:
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=22490144&postcount=64

I also replied to this in the other thread you posted on. This cruise is not sponsored by Disney or DVC...why would you even think you could book it thru member services using points and still be considered part of the DU events? I'm sure the commission they are earning off the bookings will be used to offset the cost of any exclusive activities the group will be invited to.

True, but it is on the Disney Cruise Line. I know of no other cruises that excluded passengers that pay with points vs. pay with cash. If so, please list them. They need to clearly state that the EVENTS will not be available unless booked with cash, not just room discounts.

I recently sailed with a group from another podcast and in order to participate in their events, all the bookings had to go through a specific Travel Agency. I really don't see where the confusion lies here. :confused3

The DIS Unplugged is sponsoring "events" on the cruise, not the whole cruise! You can book that cruise all you want, but if you want to participate in the DisUnplugged events, you need to book through Dreams Unlimited. I really don't see why this doesn't make sense??

True, but it is on the Disney Cruise Line. I know of no other cruises that excluded passengers that pay with points vs. pay with cash. If so, please list them. They need to clearly state that the EVENTS will not be available unless booked with cash, not just room discounts.

Webmaster John does say that in the above link....

"You have to book through Dreams Unlimited Travel to get these rates and shipboard credits and to be invited to any PodCast events."

For some reason you seem to think that this is a Disney Sponsored event where there entire ship is being booked for this event. If you goto McDonalds and someone is having a birthday party, are you entitled to some of their cake because you are eating in the same restaurant?

I realize no amount of logic is going to change your mind.

I just relistened to the podcast and they say "to be eligible for that you have to book through Dreams Unlimited" so there are disclosures on both the show and the site...

A solution - rent out your points for $ then use the $ to book the cruise through DU. With the rates they have you will probably come out ahead.

I just relistened to the podcast and they say "to be eligible for that you have to book through Dreams Unlimited" so there are disclosures on both the show and the site...

A solution - rent out your points for $ then use the $ to book the cruise through DU. With the rates they have you will probably come out ahead.

Book, as in room reservations. Doesn't say NO EVENTS unless purchased with cash.

Hi All, I just want to jump in here and recommend that this thread has been noted by the pod cast team several ways now. I think it is best if we all take a step back and let John be the person to jump in and answer BWV Dreamin.

I am sure John will get an answer on the issue and make a post to clear up the issue. I think it is best to let this thread take a time out for awhile.

Dreams Unlimited has a right to establish its own rules- after all, they are the ones booking the cruise, not you. However, it seems there has to be a middle ground here. DVC folks (like me since 1993) have a significant investment and brand loyalty. DU should figure out a away for DVC people to pay a reasonable fee to it for event participation. I'm not going on the cruise, but feel that would be a good compromise.

I don't understand OP's issue either. And why keep bringing up the "cash" thing? :confused3 That said...I looked into going on the cruise also. '09 is panned as a kinda 'grand gathering' for us. DSIL (and family) has never been to a Disney park and would prefer spend a week at WDW rather than do the cruise. I can't say I blame her. Nassau doesn't do a THING for me. I hated it there. I would MUCH rather go to WDW than do a Bahamas cruise. As for the OP....if you want to do the podcast cruise, you gotta book it through DU. Plain and (very) simple.

Hi All, Just want to point out we have a time out in place.

Could you guys merge/close one of the 2 threads now? It is obvious the OP is upset and has ben posting on other boards, now the same threads are being moved here....just a thought....John answered very nicely in the other thread!

Since the other thread is getting more attention and covers the same topic, I'm going to close this one. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter