Disboutiquers Part 30 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

I'm having an extremely hard time finding a twirl (circle?) skirt pattern for my daughter. She is 9 and 55" tall, 30" waist. She wants a twirl skirt but not a patch work and not a 3 tier. Can anyone give me some direction as to a good pattern? I tried free lancing, and it was a train wreck. Even my husband looked at it and walked out of the dining room chuckling.

2nd problem, I can't find an applique design of Mickey or Donald with a surfboard. Anybody know where I can find one?

I'm having an extremely hard time finding a twirl (circle?) skirt pattern for my daughter. She is 9 and 55" tall, 30" waist. She wants a twirl skirt but not a patch work and not a 3 tier. Can anyone give me some direction as to a good pattern? I tried free lancing, and it was a train wreck. Even my husband looked at it and walked out of the dining room chuckling.

2nd problem, I can't find an applique design of Mickey or Donald with a surfboard. Anybody know where I can find one?

I can't really recommend a pattern, exactly, but google "circle skirt tutorial," and there are several helpful ones out there, with drawings and math/measurements and everything out there.

I used this tutorial to make my skirts. It was easy to follow, and has an elastic band as the waist!

http://www.danamadeit.com/2008/07/tutorial-the-circle-skirt.html

I recently used cording for a Jessie dress for DD6. I sewed it on with a wide but narrow zigzag stitch, but first drew on the design with chalk which helped tremendously. Oh, and I had to go really, really slow as it curved.

View attachment 100135

I love it! I wanted to make Jessie dresses for our trip, but I couldn't find a design I liked and then I ran out of time. Is that the sweetheart dress pattern? I really need to make that one!

ditto on the Simplicity pattern! My mom made DD a gorgeous Elsa costume for Halloween and it fits beautifully! Here's a shot complete with a wig (ha ha) and tee underneath. View attachment 100137

She is gorgeous!

I love the clothes everyone has made! They look adorable. I went to the fabric store to find a simple pattern to make a couple of dresses but couldn't find anything for size 10/12. My daughter just turned 8 but she needs about a 10. Bt she doesn't want a tween type style!
I might adapt the anna dress I posted before but it was more complicated than I hoped for. Also I'd prefer sleeves for the sun protection has anyone ever made one of those t shirt dresses where you sew a skirt to a Premade shirt? Wondering if it is a good way to make an easier dress?

I wish I could just buy some cute ones on etsy! Bu I have to keep hem under $20. :) summer project

I would suggest looking at Sisboom pdf patterns as they cover a wide range of sizes. They come with great instructions too!

I think there are a number of circle dress tutorial out there. I searched the usual places for Disney applique and I could not find one with a surfboard design. Sorry! :(

I love it! I wanted to make Jessie dresses for our trip, but I couldn't find a design I liked and then I ran out of time. Is that the sweetheart dress pattern? I really need to make that one!

It's the Grace Ruffle Dress pattern by Funktional Threads. I love the pattern, have used it 4 times, but for the Jessie inspired dress there was limited room for the yellow bodice once I added the brown sash (belt), so that was tricky. I just did the side ruffles so it would look more like her chaps, lol. I love that part of the dress.

Sew Sweet Patterns has a twirly skirt PDF pattern. I haven't tried it but it looks cute.

I'm looking for the floral embroidery design from the Cinderella wedding dress 2015 movie can any one tell me where I will find something similar ??

I'm looking for the floral embroidery design from the Cinderella wedding dress 2015 movie can any one tell me where I will find something similar ??

The closest one I found (if you use the right colours) is from MissKenzieMac (the Vintage Artistic Style one)

we leave a week from tomorrow and I've not started yet. EEK! :mickeyjum
I plan on doing a Brownie Goose Katie top and some sort of shorts to go with it with one set of Minnie fabrics and then the other set of Minnie I am thinking I might do a Rabbit Rabbit Hummingbird top and bottoms. I'll prob. get started tonight after the kids go to bed so they're out of the way. LOL

My mom made my daughter's "apron skirt. She got the idea online and added a lil ruffle to a tank top and my daughter:love:loved it. So many people stopped us and MK to ask where we got it.
The 2nd outfit was a bday outfit she wanted an Anna dress but we needed to make it August humid weather friendly. So my mom did her "magic"pixiedust: and made a cute summer version of Anna's dress.

.image.jpgimage.jpg

My mom made my daughter's "apron skirt. She got the idea online and added a lil ruffle to a tank top and my daughter:love:loved it. So many people stopped us and MK to ask where we got it.
The 2nd outfit was a bday outfit she wanted an Anna dress but we needed to make it August humid weather friendly. So my mom did her "magic"pixiedust: and made a cute summer version of Anna's dress.

.View attachment 101418View attachment 101419

So cute! Love them

These are adorable! I am wanting to make some "heat friendly" outfits for my 2 year old granddaughter for September. Better get started!

I posted this in my pre-trip report, too. In so tickled with how this Cinderella-inspired dress turned out:
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

This was my first experiment with hot-fix crystals, and I'd only intended to make a single line around the collar, but, um, a scorch mark was made.... So I covered it with more crystals and ended up with something I like even better. :)

Want to make a Mad Hatter outfit for myself for MNSSHP that will be light and easy to pack. Not sir how much sewing time I have. Wondering if anyone has a suggestions.

The dresses are beautiful! I am sure those dresses will be great for the August heat!

I posted this in my pre-trip report, too. In so tickled with how this Cinderella-inspired dress turned out:
View attachment 102853 View attachment 102854 View attachment 102855

This was my first experiment with hot-fix crystals, and I'd only intended to make a single line around the collar, but, um, a scorch mark was made.... So I covered it with more crystals and ended up with something I like even better. :)

This dress is just gorgeous. I am glad that your "mistake" turn into something beautiful!

Love the dresses! I think it is smart to make a summer version! It turned out so cute!

View attachment 102853 View attachment 102854 View attachment 102855

It's beautiful! I love it when 'mistakes' turn into something wonderful! :)

Anyoone interested in selling things you made for your kids and don't need any longer. I'd be interested in Size 6 boys or girls and Size 2/3 boys! :earboy2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter