Disboutiquers Part 30 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Question: I am trying to make some shirts for our stay at AoA in March. I have Nemo, LM, and Cars fabric, but can't find any Lion King anywhere! The only thing I have found is a single fat quarter on ebay for $17 (too $$ for me :( ). Has anyone ever seen Lion King fabric? If so, where? Thanks!

Question: I am trying to make some shirts for our stay at AoA in March. I have Nemo, LM, and Cars fabric, but can't find any Lion King anywhere! The only thing I have found is a single fat quarter on ebay for $17 (too $$ for me :( ). Has anyone ever seen Lion King fabric? If so, where? Thanks!

I suggest looking at sheets. I got a new twin sized flat sheet with a Lion King theme that I was going to make skirts out of for my girls for the LK Musical we saw in the fall (I ended up making something different).

Good luck!

These are really cute! A Cameo is a cutting machine, right? So these are iron on vinyl? I just bought some of that and was thinking of trying it out for the first time. Great job!

Thank you! Yes, the Cameo is a cutting machine. I am using Siser EasyWeed heat transfer vinyl. There was a definite learning curve, but they are getting easier. :goodvibes Next up, I'm making Mickey snowmen!

Hope no one minds I'm jumping in here for the first time! DD got an 18" doll for Christmas and I wanted to make her a princess dress for it. I'm a beginning with sewing and the one time I tried to make clothes it was a failure. Hoping someone might be able to point me towards a free tutorial and pattern? I'm leaning towards Aurora but she'd be happy with any princess dress I'm sure!

Thank you!

Hope no one minds I'm jumping in here for the first time! DD got an 18" doll for Christmas and I wanted to make her a princess dress for it. I'm a beginning with sewing and the one time I tried to make clothes it was a failure. Hoping someone might be able to point me towards a free tutorial and pattern? I'm leaning towards Aurora but she'd be happy with any princess dress I'm sure!

Thank you!

youcanmakethis.com has some doll patterns. There is a simply sweet pattern for kids that may also come with the doll pattern. I found that pattern easy to make for kids and change it into a princess dress. I actually just made my own pattern pieces from looking at the dress.

Pinterest would be my recommendation for finding free doll patterns. I have yet to actually sew anything for my girls' dolls! I've been meaning to but something or another always comes up and I just never get time to clothe their poor dolls ;) good thing grandma seems to love buying up doll clothes at craft fairs LOL

i posted a while back asking for ideas and disappeared. I ended up making my daughter's halloween costume, a halloween skirt for her, myself and my best friend, masks for my daughter and a skirt for her birthday and wanted to share! I was so excited. I want to attempt ruffle pants next. i want try to have a few pairs made for my daughter's wish trip next month. I found a good youtube tutorial that Im gonna try to follow. Anyone use youtube for tutes? If so, who is your favorite?

IMG_0807.JPG

IMG_0797.JPG

IMG_0634.JPG

IMG_0778.JPG

IMG_0779.JPG

IMG_0901.JPG

Adorable outfits! I sew a lot of FooFoo Threads patterns and I know she has a ruffle pants pattern, her patterns are very detailed with lots of pictures! I haven't tried youtube yet for any but I'd be interested if anyone has any favorites as well :)

Thank you!
The youtube tutorial I followed for the skirts was Made By dana. no pattern necessary, which made it easy to make two plus size maxi skirts and a 4t skirt.The ruffle pants tute I saw used an existing pair of pants to draft a pattern. i will have to go and look at my youtube acct and get the name of it.

I just learned about the silhouette. Did not know this type of crafting device even existed! I am interested in using it for the Mickey heads. Can someone please give me their opinion of this product? I am more interested in the portrait mainly because it is less expensive and I want to do basic crafts, mainly Disney. How difficult is it to us? I am not to computer software savy so will I be able to figure out how to it without much frustration? Lastly, Sid I want to make Mickey heads to use on t-shirts would I run the fabric through the machine? Any advice or instructions is greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.

Thank you!
The youtube tutorial I followed for the skirts was Made By dana. no pattern necessary, which made it easy to make two plus size maxi skirts and a 4t skirt.The ruffle pants tute I saw used an existing pair of pants to draft a pattern. i will have to go and look at my youtube acct and get the name of it.

I just looked up that pattern and followed her channel, she has so many great things to make! Thanks for passing that along!

LOVE the items you made your DD, she is too cute!

I just learned about the silhouette. Did not know this type of crafting device even existed! I am interested in using it for the Mickey heads. Can someone please give me their opinion of this product? I am more interested in the portrait mainly because it is less expensive and I want to do basic crafts, mainly Disney. How difficult is it to us? I am not to computer software savy so will I be able to figure out how to it without much frustration? Lastly, Sid I want to make Mickey heads to use on t-shirts would I run the fabric through the machine? Any advice or instructions is greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.

I just got mine at Christmas so I am a real newbie but I love mine! The software seems to be user-friendly. I have been able to figure most things out between the help files, You-Tube videos and blog posts. I have been using it with heat transfer vinyl (iron on's) to make Mickey head shirts. I have not tried it yet, but it can cut fabric as well to make the sewn-on heads.

Here is a picture of the four family shirts I have competed so far for evening parties at GKTW. We only have 6 weeks left!

15585140854_01f141a97d.jpg
[/url]Shirts by Allyson244, on Flickr[/IMG]

i posted a while back asking for ideas and disappeared. I ended up making my daughter's halloween costume, a halloween skirt for her, myself and my best friend, masks for my daughter and a skirt for her birthday and wanted to share! I was so excited. I want to attempt ruffle pants next. i want try to have a few pairs made for my daughter's wish trip next month. I found a good youtube tutorial that Im gonna try to follow. Anyone use youtube for tutes? If so, who is your favorite?

IMG_0807.JPG

IMG_0797.JPG

IMG_0634.JPG

IMG_0778.JPG

IMG_0779.JPG

IMG_0901.JPG

Cute outfits and even cuter kids!

I bought my daughter a Silouette portrait last year for Christmas and I don't think she has taken it out of the box. I think I might have to take it back! Love the t-shirts!

They all look great.

Thank you!

I bought my daughter a Silouette portrait last year for Christmas and I don't think she has taken it out of the box. I think I might have to take it back! Love the t-shirts!

I have been having so much fun with it. You should take it back! :lmao:

Now that I have the outfits ready for the GKTW parties I am trying to come up with ideas for our actual park days.

I remember waaaaaay back in this post, someone posted a link to a girls dress pattern that was really customizable. It seemed to be a fairly popular pattern. It was something like "pretty princess" or "so sweet". When I get a chance I'll try re-reading the thread but (whine) it's soooooooo long. Does anyone know the one I am asking about right off hand?

I found the pattern I was thinking about. Simply Sweet by Scientific Seamstress. :) :thumbsup2

I'm thinking of upgrading my current 10 year old sewing machine to a Baby Lock Esante. I would like to try embroidery also. And I would love to have a ruffle foot. Anybody have any experience with the Baby Lock machines?

Here are a few things I made recently. The pajamas were a Christmas present for my nephew. The Elsa Dress is my own version of a Simply Sweet and the cape is a separate piece since I figured the material wouldn't last very long in good condition. It's Velcro closure around the back straps as I didn't want it going around her neck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter