Disboutiquers Part 25 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
These are hats I made for Bridget's Big Give -- she recently completed chemo and needed soft lined hats. And I apologize if sizes on these pics are whacko -- photobucket is being uncooperative with resizing -- it's them, not me!

This is to go with a Minnie dot dress that Diane made:
001.jpg

And with a flower (that can be removed) I added since Diane put some yellow in her dresses:
002-4.jpg

The Minnie hat pattern was a free sun hat one I found on line. Easy to make and highly recommended:http://blog.craftzine.com/archive/2009/07/how-to_sew_a_reversible_sun_ha.html

Next up is the Octobre pattern -- I made the largest size which was larger than Bridget's head circumference and it still seemed small. It is done in Snow White colors b/c she loves SW:
004-1.jpg

And this is the Martha Stewart Sun hat which I thought would be way too big, but in the photo of Bridget wearing it, it actually appears OK:
005-2.jpg

006.jpg

The sun hat and Martha Stewart hat are reversible patterns, but I couldn't make them that way for Bridget. I lined the Minnie one with flannel but did the other two in a soft knit (recommneded by Diane who found that best when she needed hats like this).

And do you like my models? DD tried on the Minnie dot hat for about 2 seconds and refused the others. And I couldn't pay ds enough to try any on. Next time I will try a soda bottle ;)

D~ love your new space! your DH did a great job! you cute little antiques are great! and a fun place to hang out with your girls....Megan and I share our third bedroom for scrap/toys/office etc

enjoy and let the creative juice start to flow!

The main thing is the ball point needle.....you could start the seam by putting the fabric so its just past the regular foot and "backtrack" later (either use your reverse button or if your machine doesn't have one flip the seam over and sew the last inch upside down)....some machines have a bigger bottom plate hole than others....I've notice on my Bernina I have no problems with that but I did with my Singer.....ohh and you can always loosen your foot tension just a little if its super tight...that will make your machine eat the start of a seam too.
Yep, I have a singer and the foot plate does eat things on occassion. I never though of loosening the foot tension. I may buy a walking foot though as there are a few really cute knit patterns I'd like to try. Problem is finding cute knits at reasonable prices. Thank you for your advice.

I have this site bookmarked for knits (and prices are decent for most of them):
http://www.thefabricfairy.com/index...a-printed-yarn-dyed-knit-fabric.html?limit=60

Do you have any other favorite places to order or buy from?

D~ As for the BG don't be alarmed -- The mom didn't post photos of my hats until 12 days after I sent them. I'm willing to bet she got your package. They have seven children and I think there was a recent illness mixed in, so give her a little more time. So far I've been really lucky and have never had a BG package get lost. I wonder if I should insure mine for Madison. I just posted photos (albeit crappy ones -- bad lighting and blurry!) and I'm really proud of these outfits. They look much cuter in person. And I should post my hats here so you can see my banister and bud globe model. Off to do that now....

Thanks Andrea... I'll try not to freak out. That makes me feel much better that it took so long with yours. :)

The main thing is the ball point needle.....you could start the seam by putting the fabric so its just past the regular foot and "backtrack" later (either use your reverse button or if your machine doesn't have one flip the seam over and sew the last inch upside down)....some machines have a bigger bottom plate hole than others....I've notice on my Bernina I have no problems with that but I did with my Singer.....ohh and you can always loosen your foot tension just a little if its super tight...that will make your machine eat the start of a seam too.

My Brother always eats my knits... always. No matter what I do. Thankfully, now that I have my serger, I can do almost all my knit items on there, the only thing I can't do is a cover hem stitch... but I solved that by doing the rolled hem/lettuce edge stitching. So, all the AG leggings I make are all done on my serger.

These are hats I made for Bridget's Big Give -- she recently completed chemo and needed soft lined hats. And I apologize if sizes on these pics are whacko -- photobucket is being uncooperative with resizing -- it's them, not me!

th_001.jpg

And with a flower (that can be removed) I added since Diane put some yellow in her dresses:
th_002-4.jpg

Next up is the Octobre pattern -- I made the largest size which was larger than Bridget's head circumference and it still seemed small. It is done in Snow White colors b/c she loves SW:
th_004-1.jpg

And this is the Martha Stewart Sun hat which I thought would be way too big, but in the photo of Bridget wearing it, it actually appears OK:
th_005-2.jpg

th_006.jpg

And do you like my models? DD tried on the Minnie dot hat for about 2 seconds and refused the others. And I couldn't pay ds enough to try any on. Next time I will try a soda bottle ;)

Everything is so cute. I love your models... but I also think that a soda bottle would be a good addition - as it's highly portable - unlike your banister. :laughing: And... you'll never dehydrate.

D~

Seriously...I am going to have to stop taking the weekends off from my computer. I am 17 pages behind this time. Wanted to quote on a few pages at a time and then back to catch up. Don't want to miss anything.

Welcome! I don't have any boys, so I am not that much help in that department... but lots of people here sew for boys, so I am sure they will chime in with ideas for you. One of these days, I'll find a boy to sew for. :lovestruc So, I just wanted to welcome you and I can't wait to see what you make! :)

D~

Just wanted to say, we are getting our first little boy in the family in September and knowing the super cute little baby outfits you have made recently, I am willing to share. You can sew for him anytime!! :)

A year ago I happily read the restaurant section of the disboards. I've since had school bread in (at?) Norway, Tonga toast at the Polynesian, tried a butterfinger cupcake at Starring Rolls, and had cheddar cheese soup in Canada. Such simple pleasures.

:tongue:

Then I started reading this thread. Now I have a serger, embroidery machine, have participated in Big Gives and pillowcases for GKTW. What's next, American Girl dolls? I'm going broke.

:rolleyes1

Which is all to say, here's the CarlaC stripwork jumper I made for Ginger. I made a couple BIG mistakes right away -- I totally missed the part about putting hook and loop tape on the bodice because it's on the same page as the ruffle, which I didn't want to do, and I put the straps on the wrong part of the bodice. It was so much fun to make, I was actually checking out American Girl dolls on eb*y this morning.

:sad2:

th_IMG_2070.jpg

th_IMG_2071.jpg

Of course, now I want to make another one without the mistakes I made on the first one.

:upsidedow

Simply adorable! This made me laugh too. OH to have all of the money back from the things I have obsessed over and bought to make....thank goodness, sewing is not one of them.

Here's the photos of one of my sewing machine covers... Also, the elephant pin cushion that V made me (I won't admit to doing the hard parts for her though - even though I did). Also, the elephant pin cushion she did for herself - which is adorable too! :lovestruc

th_IMG_14421.jpg

Close-up of the applique:
th_IMG_14432.jpg

The little elephant from different angles:
th_IMG_14476.jpg

Then the adorable elephant that Victoria made for herself:
th_IMG_14498.jpg

D~

Super cute! I don't know if my sewing machines would benefit from a cover...it would never get used because my sewing machines run constantly when I am at home but it is such a cute idea. And the little elephants are adorable. I have never seen one before. Tell Victoria she did an awesome job.

Jeana - love the other AG outfit too and the shot of your girls together is precious.

Andrea - the Shih Tzu shirt is sooo cute.

Kim - great news on your FIL.

Patience is a virtue. I can wait.

Patience is a somewhat overrated virtue, but I can wait a little longer.

Patience is a highly over-rated character trait.

Patience isn't all it's cracked up to be. Where are the photos???

With time and patience the mulberry leaf becomes a silk gown.

Sorry, I didn't have time to embroider it for you.

Your room is fabulous. First, I appreciate your commendations to your husband. They're easy to overlook sometimes.

I love how every detail has been thought out. I love that your daughter has her own dewing machine. I love all the little details you have added and are adding. I hope you have hours and hours of enjoyment in your sacred space.

:dance3:

Truly... with all that time you spent waiting - I really thought I would get my own embroidery out of the deal. :rotfl2:

Thank you for all the nice comments. :lovestruc

D~ <---- whose mother always told her, when she was a child, that "patience is a virtue". :confused3

Yep, I have a singer and the foot plate does eat things on occassion. I never though of loosening the foot tension. I may buy a walking foot though as there are a few really cute knit patterns I'd like to try. Problem is finding cute knits at reasonable prices. Thank you for your advice.

I have this site bookmarked for knits (and prices are decent for most of them):
http://www.thefabricfairy.com/index...a-printed-yarn-dyed-knit-fabric.html?limit=60

Do you have any other favorite places to order or buy from?

I watch fabric.com for discount codes...they have generous cuts and frequent sales!

I like naturesfabrics.com for cotton interlock prints....sign up for her yahoo group and get a discount code...10% off I believe....I think her sight has the link.

I love the fishsticks patterns made by a WAHM....they r all for knits....google "fishsticks home sew pattern" for link.

Here are some PJs I made with her patterns last year
IMG_3044.jpg

Seriously for like a year I sewed only knits.....once you "get" it you will want to upcycle all of DH tshirts. That's when I started hitting thrift stores.....cheap solid knits to trim my raglan tees with.

Here's a few more.... I think I only have 1 or 2 more days to finish but I lost count:lmao: And now I just added Crystal Palace and thinking I might need some Winnie the Pooh shirts:confused:

Here is our Fantasmic Night:

DSC02575.jpg

DSC02572.jpg

DSC02576.jpg

Chef Mickey's:

DSC02583.jpg

DSC02584.jpg

DSC02585.jpg

Close up of Minnie:goodvibes

DSC02586.jpg

I said the other day I was planning on making something. Well I pulled out the Duvet Cover we got from Goodwill and this is what came of it.

My youngest DD almost 7
263659_231076356905512_100000094487162_1021476_3669628_n.jpg

Thanks For looking.

Love it. What a cool find at the thrift store.

How exciting! I cannot wait to see pics!!!! Have fun moving!

I just finished up outfits for a set of Swedish twins that I adore. They turn 2 July 1st.
th_IMG_20110620_200544.jpg

I made my DD9 the same skirt for the 4th but have to finish her top.

Those came out so cute.

we are! going to spend 3 days out on Long Island with Jim's boss and his family and another family who's dad was with Jim in Haiti....so will be hoping to make some happy memories with them..

then to NJ for 3 days visiting friends and then 7 days in NYC baby!! two shows, AG, DIS meet with some friend from the Creative boards (scrapbooking) and maybe Tim, Mel and Ana if they can make it....and the parents of Britney (our Haiti blanket project) family are planning on coming down to see us too!

If anyone else is around town and wants to come play for the day let me know! would love to meet any of our DIS friends!!

Sounds like you will have a fun time.

Thanks for all the commentson the Pooh dress I previously posted. I LOVE the Nemo outfits and the outfits for the twins, they are sooo precious.

Here is the second outfit the my mom made for my DD
th_IMG_1165.jpg

Thanks for welcoming my posts to your board.

I love that fabric and dress. I almost purchased some a few months back.

I am so excited to finally have something sewing related to share. I have been in a sewing funk for a few weeks. I love how nicely the new machine stitches. I can't believe the difference between the 2 machines.

I have one set of kids outfits done for our August Trip

Animal Kingdom outfits
DSC00887.jpg

I posted on FB but I will post here too that it came out so cute.

OK... I really want to start off this post and thank my DH... He has put A LOT of hard work into this project for me. Endless hours, really. I may have joked around a bit the I was entitled to this space, but really my whole sewing room was created because my DH loves me and my family loves me enough to give up the precious little space we have in our house. So, really, they are the BEST! :lovestruc

I also have to post a few before pics, for those of you that are not my friends on FB - because DH tore this room down to the studs, showing the before pictures really shows just how much work DH put into it, and it's kind of cool to see the transformation.

And now the part you've all been waiting for...

A photo of the whole room, from the door... it's a small room - 8" x 12" - but I am super happy to have it!
th_IMG_146713.jpg

Fabric shelf (which I plan to get a bigger one - much sooner than I'd intended - because this one is much fuller than I thought it would be).
th_IMG_1452.jpg

Close-up of some of the fun fabric.
Disney:
th_IMG_1453.jpg

D~

:worship: WOW your sewing room came out great.

Oh and on a side note... you know this cute outfit I made a few weeks ago??? And my BG outfit??? I mailed them 8 days ago, on the same day - and no word from either recipient (I was the idiot that forgot to put tracking on) but I think they both might be lost and I am just SICK. I worked so hard on both of them and I am just so sad. At least both recipients didn't know they were getting them... D~

I am sure that they will turn up. Like Andrea said the BG had alot of issues going on.

th_001.jpg

Love all the hats. Great job.

th_IMG_3044.jpg

Those look so cute and comfy.

My Brother always eats my knits... always. No matter what I do. Thankfully, now that I have my serger, I can do almost all my knit items on there, the only thing I can't do is a cover hem stitch... but I solved that by doing the rolled hem/lettuce edge stitching. So, all the AG leggings I make are all done on my serger.

D~

Regarding sewing knits (and other flimsy, delicate fabrics) - I have often put a scrap of paper underneath the start and end of a seam so I have a solid base to start on. That way the machine won't eat anything. Then I tear it away later. Tiny scraps of stabilizer would work great, too.

HTH!

The Sewing Room is gorgeous! All your special touches are TDF! I LOVE counter tops! I had one installed in a closet that was our sewing/office space before ds#1 was born. Now, that counter is the changing table and the sewing/office space moved to the basement. Someday I hope to be above ground again! Anyway, enjoy that wonderful creative space!!

I made two pair of Easy Fit shorts and the top portion of a shirt for me this week. No pics until I have appliques done, though. The Easy Fits were super easy, but did take me more than 20 minutes a pair. That is impressive!

Regards,
C.

Here are some (bad) pictures of the earrings I've made so far for the Give. The pictures don't show how vivid the colors are, but you get an idea.

Moms to go with her Wish shirt:
f9e820d9.jpg

To go with the Donald outfits:
13d18814.jpg

These go with their pirate outfits:
9b835bf7.jpg

I made my first tutu today, which was meant to be a less frilly one...but it turned out :scared:

If at first you don't succeed...

TMTQ! Ya'll are so busy! I can't even keep up! Been at VBS all week. Volunteered and am exhausted! Looking forward to Saturday!

Dorine I LOVE your new room! My room is a little smaller and I want to do more with it, but for now it will do...although the other day I went to sew and realized the the ac vent right under the sewing desk was making me very cold! Think I may need to rearrange!

Love all the great outfits! Hope to have something to share soon!

As for my pdf patters, I file them in large clasp envelopes and label them. I don't print directions, I just bring them up on the old computer in the sewing room. Saves paper!

Just wanted to say, we are getting our first little boy in the family in September and knowing the super cute little baby outfits you have made recently, I am willing to share. You can sew for him anytime!! :)

Super cute! I don't know if my sewing machines would benefit from a cover...it would never get used because my sewing machines run constantly when I am at home but it is such a cute idea. And the little elephants are adorable. I have never seen one before. Tell Victoria she did an awesome job.

LOL... I will totally keep that in mind. I will tell Victoria that - she will be pleased. :)

IMG_3044.jpg

Seriously for like a year I sewed only knits.....once you "get" it you will want to upcycle all of DH tshirts. That's when I started hitting thrift stores.....cheap solid knits to trim my raglan tees with.

These are really awesome. I wish I would "get it", but I got tired of trying to get it, so I gave up and bought a serger. LOL

Here's a few more.... I think I only have 1 or 2 more days to finish but I lost count:lmao: And now I just added Crystal Palace and thinking I might need some Winnie the Pooh shirts:confused:

th_DSC02575.jpg
th_DSC02572.jpg
th_DSC02576.jpg

Chef Mickey's:
th_DSC02583.jpg
th_DSC02584.jpg
th_DSC02585.jpg

Close up of Minnie:goodvibes
th_DSC02586.jpg

I love everything! But I have to say that I love the fabric you used for the Mickey heads on your Fantasmic shirts! Totally cool.

Regarding sewing knits (and other flimsy, delicate fabrics) - I have often put a scrap of paper underneath the start and end of a seam so I have a solid base to start on. That way the machine won't eat anything. Then I tear it away later. Tiny scraps of stabilizer would work great, too.

HTH!

The Sewing Room is gorgeous! All your special touches are TDF! I LOVE counter tops! I had one installed in a closet that was our sewing/office space before ds#1 was born. Now, that counter is the changing table and the sewing/office space moved to the basement. Someday I hope to be above ground again! Anyway, enjoy that wonderful creative space!!

I made two pair of Easy Fit shorts and the top portion of a shirt for me this week. No pics until I have appliques done, though. The Easy Fits were super easy, but did take me more than 20 minutes a pair. That is impressive!

Regards,
C.

Thanks for the tips on knits... I'll try that next time too. And thanks for the compliments on my sewing room. I spent a good portion of the day in there today... I really need to get a clock and a radio in there. All of a sudden Victoria and I were sewing away, I asked her if she knew what time it was - so she looked on her Ipod - it was 1:05 pm and I hadn't showered or anything. LOL DH gets home from work at 2... it was a mad dash to shower and make the house look like I did something today. LOL

Here are some (bad) pictures of the earrings I've made so far for the Give. The pictures don't show how vivid the colors are, but you get an idea.

th_f9e820d9.jpg

th_13d18814.jpg

th_9b835bf7.jpg

I made my first tutu today, which was meant to be a less frilly one...but it turned out :scared:

These earrings turned out great! They will love them! :lovestruc

OH - and I guess I should have clarified earlier - I'm not as worried about the BG outfit - I do know that they are super busy and have had a lot going on in their house over the last week... I am a lot more concerned about the baby outfit - I really hope that one turns up.

D~

Hey Guys - what CUTE stuff - earrings too!!!??|WOW!!!

Gave in and went to the medical aid unit today - bronchitis and asthma flare up - I feel terrible - my O2 sats were low so they made me do a beathing treatment in the office ( never did that before), gave me lots of meds to take - I just pray they dont sock the energy out of me as I need to be 100% for camp next week!!!!! Ugh!! Have used my 4 sick days in the "rolling calender year" so I cant even take a day off to rest!! I hate our sick policy - we are exposed to SO MUCH in the outpatient therapy department - not only our patients, but their siblings (you wouldnt believe how many sick siblings come into our waiting room) and parents and who knows who else!! But, we can only have 4 sick days in the rolling calender year ( whats up with that) even if we have a dr's note!! We earn 10 days/year and max out at 240 hours*the extra time is "just in case" when we can't collect any more. You'd think they'd want us to stay home so we could get better quicker and so we dont spread whatever we have to other staff or the kids!!!!:confused3

we are! going to spend 3 days out on Long Island with Jim's boss and his family and another family who's dad was with Jim in Haiti....so will be hoping to make some happy memories with them..

then to NJ for 3 days visiting friends and then 7 days in NYC baby!! two shows, AG, DIS meet with some friend from the Creative boards (scrapbooking) and maybe Tim, Mel and Ana if they can make it....and the parents of Britney (our Haiti blanket project) family are planning on coming down to see us too!

If anyone else is around town and wants to come play for the day let me know! would love to meet any of our DIS friends!!
It will be nice to make some happy memories. :lovestruc
Your boat cruise with all the American Girls sounds like so much fun. I hope you girls have a great time.

Thanks for all the comments on the Pooh dress I previously posted. I LOVE the Nemo outfits and the outfits for the twins, they are sooo precious.

Here is the second outfit the my mom made for my DD

th_IMG_1165.jpg

Thanks for welcoming my posts to your board.
This set is so sweet. This has inspired me to make a cute short set for my niece (who turned 4 today).

I store my pdf patterns in binders. I 3 hole puch the instructions and I buy the clear three hole pocket folders and slip the patterns in their -- I have so many sizes printed from doing BG's. I know I have the Easy Fits in sizes 0 thru 9 printed out. It's very easy to find what I want and easy to follw along the instructions as I sew. I have one binder for clothes, one for things like totes, luggage tags, decorative items and now one for embroidery designs! My clothes binder is very large and is full, but I'm at the point where I make up a lot of variations of a basic pattern now so I havent' bought new patterns in a long time.
This sounds like a great way to store the patterns and the directions. My husband has a TON of those big notebooks in the basement so I might have to put them to good use.

OK... I really want to start off this post and thank my DH... He has put A LOT of hard work into this project for me. Endless hours, really. I may have joked around a bit the I was entitled to this space, but really my whole sewing room was created because my DH loves me and my family loves me enough to give up the precious little space we have in our house. So, really, they are the BEST!

I also have to post a few before pics, for those of you that are not my friends on FB - because DH tore this room down to the studs, showing the before pictures really shows just how much work DH put into it, and it's kind of cool to see the transformation.

And now the part you've all been waiting for...

A photo of the whole room, from the door... it's a small room - 8" x 12" - but I am super happy to have it!
IMG_146713.jpg

And that's all folks. There is still a lot of detail work to be done. I still need to go around and paint the posts (I chose posts instead of cupboards, because that gave me the most of my sitting space). We also need to add trim work on the bottom by the carpet, and of course - decorating.

But I love my space, and I am so thankful to my DH and girls for giving it to me.

D~
WOW - you and your DH make a good team. He did a major overhaul in that space and your painting / decorating skills are great. You thought of everything with your shipping area and space for the computer, fabrics and all your machines. Can't wait to see what you create in your new space.

Oh and on a side note... you know this cute outfit I made a few weeks ago??? And my BG outfit??? I mailed them 8 days ago, on the same day - and no word from either recipient (I was the idiot that forgot to put tracking on) but I think they both might be lost and I am just SICK. I worked so hard on both of them and I am just so sad. At least both recipients didn't know they were getting them...
D~
Oh no, I hope the packages turn up. My aunt sent a package to her DD and it showed up 29 days after she mailed. It was insured and was delivered right before they could make a claim. I remember that cute set you made with that great fabric. Maybe the recipients just haven't had a chance to say thanks yet.

These are hats I made for Bridget's Big Give -- she recently completed chemo and needed soft lined hats.
How sweet to make all these coordinating hats for Bridget, especially with soft linings.

Here's a few more.... I think I only have 1 or 2 more days to finish but I lost count And now I just added Crystal Palace and thinking I might need some Winnie the Pooh shirts

th_DSC02576.jpg

Chef Mickey's:

th_DSC02583.jpg
Love the coordinating sets for the family. I like the fabric that you used for the shorts and skirt - they look great together. The chef mickey shirts are cute too. I love the sparkly Minnie, that whole outfit is adorable.

I love the fishsticks patterns made by a WAHM....they r all for knits....google "fishsticks home sew pattern" for link.

th_IMG_3044.jpg
These PJs are so cute. Thanks for the tips on the knits. I really need to make some knit PJs for my kids but I'm a little scared!

Regards,
C.
20 minute - that is VERY impressive. Yeah for more tips on knits.

th_f9e820d9.jpg

th_13d18814.jpg

th_9b835bf7.jpg

I made my first tutu today, which was meant to be a less frilly one...but it turned out
The earings will be a perfect match for the outfits you described. Good luck with the tutu. (I have no help to offer because I'm way too impatient to try to work with tulle)

Gave in and went to the medical aid unit today - bronchitis and asthma flare up - I feel terrible - my O2 sats were low so they made me do a beathing treatment in the office ( never did that before), gave me lots of meds to take - I just pray they dont sock the energy out of me as I need to be 100% for camp next week!!!!! Ugh!! Have used my 4 sick days in the "rolling calender year" so I cant even take a day off to rest!! I hate our sick policy - we are exposed to SO MUCH in the outpatient therapy department - not only our patients, but their siblings (you wouldnt believe how many sick siblings come into our waiting room) and parents and who knows who else!! But, we can only have 4 sick days in the rolling calender year ( whats up with that) even if we have a dr's note!! We earn 10 days/year and max out at 240 hours when we can't collect any more. You'd think they'd want us to stay home so we could get better quicker and so we dont spread whatever we have to other staff or the kids!!!!
I'm glad you went to the doctor and hope the meds kick in soon and get you all better by next week. Have a great time at camp and rest up!

OH - and I guess I should have clarified earlier - I'm not as worried about the BG outfit - I do know that they are super busy and have had a lot going on in their house over the last week... I am a lot more concerned about the baby outfit - I really hope that one turns up.

D~

I don't know if this is the case with your baby stuff, but I mailed out gifts for my cousin when she had her baby and didn't receive any acknowledgement for about 3 weeks, then a thank you note showed up in the mail. I did track it, so I know it got there in 2 days. I know she was probably just exhausted and overwhelmed, but I was anxious to hear if she got it and liked it, so it seemed like forever to me at the time.

Hope it does show up!

Everyone's been posting so many awesome things, sorry i haven't kept up with quoting everyone. Love all the BG stuff, and the trip outfits, and the sewing room is TDF!

Love the tips on how everyone stores their patterns, mine are each in their own folder when I do print them out, and the pattern pieces are in the pockets of the folder. But I could use some better organization and a better way to find what i am looking for, so maybe I need to try the binders by category.

I made a tinkerbell dress for my SIL to give as a gift and I am still working to finish up some big gives. Hoping to finish those this weekend or sooner, as we will be away over the 4th of July week and I really want to get them out before we go.

Here is the tink dress, applique design from Heathersue:
268541_1390077048763_1737227318_614971_1115464_n.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Sorry I haven't been on much lately. I haven't had time to sew and barely time to think! We went from having my in-laws here visiting to the end of the school year rush of activities to my best friend and her family visiting us for a week. My friend and her family just left yesterday and I spent today putting the house back together. The day after tomorrow we are leaving for a visit with my in-law at their house in FL and we'll be gone for 2 weeks. I finally did get the Patricia tunics cut out that I wanted to make for this trip but I just haven't had time to sew them. I guess they will get sewn and put away for (hopefully!!!!) a winter visit somewhere warm with a beach. I also have a vida cut out and ready to sew for my niece but haven't had time for that either. I hate when I get things cut and ready but can't get to sewing them.

Oh and on a side note... you know this cute outfit I made a few weeks ago??? And my BG outfit??? I mailed them 8 days ago, on the same day - and no word from either recipient (I was the idiot that forgot to put tracking on) but I think they both might be lost and I am just SICK. :sick: :sick: :sick: I worked so hard on both of them and I am just so sad. At least both recipients didn't know they were getting them... :sad2:
th_IMG_139012.jpg

D~

I am pretty sure that I read that the mom for this BG lost her camera and wallet over the weekend. The items that I sent haven't been seen in pictures yet either but I was very relieved to see my package in the background in another picture that mom posted yesterday. Hopefully your items made it but the pictures were lost with the camera. I know it is hard not to worry!

I have seen lots and lots of great projects! I love the Nemo outfits and Safari Mickey items. I just saw an adorable Tinkerbell dress too!

Hopefully I will get to check in with you all while we are visiting my in-laws. I often have time in the afternoon to go on-line on their computer and check my email etc. If I don't keep up with everything on here, you'll be a 100 pages ahead of me by the time I get home!:rotfl:

Need Help from my Sewing friends!!!!

Megan and I might be going back to WDW in Oct!!! we have dear friends who are going on a MAW trip and another event we want to be part of and going to MNSSHP too...need to start brainstorming idea's for costumes or outfits for the party....probably won't want anything too elebrate due to the heat and humidity!

Is anyone able to help us out to make something (will be a paying customer) or have any ideas where I should start!!!

thanks ladies!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter