• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disboutiquers Part 18 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My goodness you all are an active bunch. haha I'm going to have to work hard to keep up. My goal for this weekend is to learn how to use the software on my machine to create embroidery designs from a regular picture. I'm scared!..... But I'm also cheap and buying designs is expensive!

I wanted to give you a nice welcome since we ran through the last few pages on the other thread! So welcome to our little group! :grouphug:

While I was busy sewing you guys are having fun

I have one shirt done, and halfway through the next one

. . . I loved all the pictures,
I have a deplorable lack of pictures from our last trip. But, here's one of the kids by the wishing well.

disneyoctober378_348x480.jpg

Here is my favorite picture of the whole trip- the three of us on Splash Mountain.

disneyoctober158_640x480.jpg

this one is my favorite!

Woo-hoo!! We're 18 and all growed up!

I'm going to post my favorite picture from our trip this month again- even though you can't see our matching customs and it's not in front of the castle! ;)

th_disneyoctober158_640x480.jpg

I love this picture dear sister! You guys were having fun!
First page? Maybe for once I will keep up with this thread. Unlikely but I can try.

Teresa - Thanks for the heads up on Facebook.
No problem!

First page please?!?!?!?!?

Edited !!
You made it!!! YAY!! Now stick around more, I love seeing your posts!
My goodness you all are an active bunch. haha I'm going to have to work hard to keep up. My goal for this weekend is to learn how to use the software on my machine to create embroidery designs from a regular picture. I'm scared!..... But I'm also cheap and buying designs is expensive!

I digitized something once out of complete desperation! After that I decided that digitizers don't charge NEARLY enough for their designs!!! :rotfl: !! My sister is an amazing digitizer, and I bow down to her skilz!

I'll play the castle game and I'm on the second page! WOO HOO!!!

Here is Jenna. The castle IS behind her I promise.
S2010203-1.jpg

You should be able to use a 5x7 design and just make it a tad bit smaller to fit your 6.8x4" hoop. Although, you do lose some design quality when you resize designs, so beware of that.
I don't have this machine, but from what I saw online, it looks like it only does a 4x4 design. You can try putting a larger desing on your card and putting it on the machine, it will tell you if it won't work.
I wondered about that. Now matter what I can give it a try, since I'll be purchasing Hearther's designs and they come in all three sizes I can at least try!
Either way I'm pretty small as is my little one, so 4x4 will work for a while. It was a free machine and I got the PED basic really cheap so no complaining from me!! Now, I just have to find the 4x4s I want!

Thanks!

I've got a pair of jeans embroidering on the machine right this very minute. I should be more attentive, but I'm on the Dis instead. That probably means that the machine is going to eat the jeans at any second.

Ok, when you applique jeans on an embroidery machine how to you stabilize? I have the iron on, tear away stabilizer right now. Do you use that?? One/Two sheets? Do you hoop so that the stabilizer is in the hoop or not? And do you use a spray on to place the applique fabric??

Thanks so much!!!

Great stuff everyone!! I am slowly getting things done for our December trip. I have been so busy with all that, that I actually bought my daughters Halloween outfit!!:scared1:
I'll post pics eventually hopefully!!

Yeah! I made it... LOVED all the photos! I'd post some, but have too much work to do.... Just checking in to break up the day...........

S2010203-1.jpg

That is a great picture! I've not ever seen it, I don't think. Is the skirt on the dress a sheerish fabric? It looks so pretty!

I wondered about that. Now matter what I can give it a try, since I'll be purchasing Hearther's designs and they come in all three sizes I can at least try!
Either way I'm pretty small as is my little one, so 4x4 will work for a while. It was a free machine and I got the PED basic really cheap so no complaining from me!! Now, I just have to find the 4x4s I want!

Thanks!

Ok, when you applique jeans on an embroidery machine how to you stabilize? I have the iron on, tear away stabilizer right now. Do you use that?? One/Two sheets? Do you hoop so that the stabilizer is in the hoop or not? And do you use a spray on to place the applique fabric??

Thanks so much!!!

Great stuff everyone!! I am slowly getting things done for our December trip. I have been so busy with all that, that I actually bought my daughters Halloween outfit!!:scared1:
I'll post pics eventually hopefully!!

This is what I do on embroidered jeans. I hoop tear away stabilizer, then I place the jeans where I want them to be, pin them down on the stabilizer, do a basting stitch around the design & stitch. It works for me.

th_S2010203-1.jpg

She looked so pretty in her Cinderella gown!

Welcome!!! and good luck with the digitizing...something I would like to do in the future.

th_S2010203-1.jpg

Jenna looks so pretty!

Thanks!
4x4s are acutally a nice size if you ask me. That's all that I can do. I've been pretty happy with mine.

Wow! Did I make it to page 3 or 4??? Thanks for the heads up on facebook!! Speaking of facebook, how many play CafeWorld?? Those little things just eat and eat and eat!!!

Thought you guys would like this site too - it is called JIBJAB.
Here is our link - cracks up Juliet and she wants it played over & over & over.

http://sendables.jibjab.com/view/0Q5tC9LiCjt6GAyq

That was funny!!

Woo-hoo!! We're 18 and all growed up!

I'm going to post my favorite picture from our trip this month again- even though you can't see our matching customs and it's not in front of the castle! ;)

disneyoctober158_640x480.jpg

So cute and you guys were having such a fun time!!! I will have to go back to see the end of the last thread. I saw the picture of Mary Poppins and that turned out so cute!!

Welcome to the group. Digitizing is not easy or fun! :rotfl: I gladly pay my digitizers to do the work!!

S2010203-1.jpg

Awww Jenna is so cute!!! Did you make her dress?? Its beautiful!

That is a great picture! I've not ever seen it, I don't think. Is the skirt on the dress a sheerish fabric? It looks so pretty!

This is what I do on embroidered jeans. I hoop tear away stabilizer, then I place the jeans where I want them to be, pin them down on the stabilizer, do a basting stitch around the design & stitch. It works for me.

I read on a couple of yahoo groups about stabilizer and lately they all just hoop the stabilizer and pin on to the hoop. I think that sounds cheaper than always using the sticky stuff, which is what I do. I am going to be making a few things this weekend and will try just hooping the stabilizer!

Geez! I saw the heads up on FB and dang work got in the way and I am relegated to page three.

I've got some works in progress for our trip that is one week from today and should have some stuff to share this weekend!

Hello! My name is Laura and I've been following along since the very first thread, with a handful of posts, but I hope to make a concerted effort to join in this time!

I don't sew, and I don't have any little kids, but I do make bows (and tiaras, clips, pendants and rings) with Polymer Clay! I often find inspiration from your creations!

In keeping with the castle theme, here is my son and I last December!
ry%3D400

Loved everyone's castle photos. Don't have one to share right now.

Just wanted say hi, I'm lurking and looking for inspiration for the kids for our next trip. I don't have any customs, I barely mastered iron-ons, but
we have a plain clothes castle pic....
image1351.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter