Disboutiquers Part 17 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone -

If you could say a prayer, Daniel was just admitted to the hospital because his counts are very very low right now. He had already had the swine flu (first kiddo with cancer at our hospital to get it = what a prize - lol) so not sure why its so low. He did have his more intensive round of chemo last week, so we are hoping he is just recovering from that......

Thanks friends!
Wendy

Sending blessings and white light. And my Daniel will include your Daniel in his blessings tonight too! :hug:

I'm doing the same. We're not going to MVMCP because we'll be there for the start of the holiday celebrations on non-party nights, but I'm doing Christmas customs for one day to get a few good pics. The rest will be non-seasonal, so that the girls can either wear them at home or add them to their dress up trunk.

For their Christmas dresses, I'm keeping it simple - dresses that are half Simply Sweet and half Scallopini. The top skirt, straps, and Mickey applique are a satiny red-on-red swirl fabric, the underskirt & bodice are white cotton with a snowflake sparkle, and the tulle ruffle is a metallic two-tone in red & green.

Sounds cute! Can't wait to see the pictures!

Hi Everyone -

If you could say a prayer, Daniel was just admitted to the hospital because his counts are very very low right now. He had already had the swine flu (first kiddo with cancer at our hospital to get it = what a prize - lol) so not sure why its so low. He did have his more intensive round of chemo last week, so we are hoping he is just recovering from that......

Thanks friends!
Wendy

Awww, Wendy, Daniel is in my prayers. Hopefully it is just the effects of the more intensive chemo last week. :hug:

I remember when I was a kid spending hours looking at the Sears catalog toy section!!!

My brother and I use to fight over the Sears Toy catalog every year! I loved it!

Hi Everyone -

Thanks friends!
Wendy

Oh no, I hope he will be ok. :hug:

Hi Everyone -

Thanks friends!
Wendy

Prayers said for Daniel!

Hi Everyone -

Thanks friends!
Wendy

Prayers said and hugs sent too.

Thank you for the prayers everyone - you are all so sweet - I love sharing to his family the way you all support them in different ways!!! Thank you friends!!

I just got confirmation that my card reader (PED basic) should arrive on Saturday!!!!:banana::banana::banana: So, Im hoping to be able to do a Halloween shirt for work for next week!! So, which design should I buy? Will the 4x4 look dumb on my 2x sweatshirt????? or, should I do like a Mickey pumpkin in the middle with candy corns on either side????? Im uber excited!!! I cant wait to try one of Heather's designs for sure as I hear you all talking about them all the time!!!

Thank you for the prayers everyone - you are all so sweet - I love sharing to his family the way you all support them in different ways!!! Thank you friends!!

I just got confirmation that my card reader (PED basic) should arrive on Saturday!!!!:banana::banana::banana: So, Im hoping to be able to do a Halloween shirt for work for next week!! So, which design should I buy? Will the 4x4 look dumb on my 2x sweatshirt????? or, should I do like a Mickey pumpkin in the middle with candy corns on either side????? Im uber excited!!! I cant wait to try one of Heather's designs for sure as I hear you all talking about them all the time!!!

If you want to do a single 4x4 design, what about putting it over on the left upper side? (you know, like a shirt with a logo would have?)

I'm posting this morning just so I can see my countdown clock. :) I'm worse than the kids...they're still sleeping, I'm ready to go! For this trip I CASE'd many great ideas I saw here. My oldest is dressing as Giselle in the "curtains dress", the middle sister is "Pink Cinderella" and my youngest is "Disney Store Jasmine" (How can I be Jasmine if I don't wear a 'real' costume?) I've made 4 t-shirts since Monday, all machine applique...can't thank y'all enough for putting up with me on that! And finally the Simply Sweet Cinderella. I'll be sure to take lots of pics. Hope everyone has a nice weekend.

Wow...I was POSITIVE that you guys would be on the next part by now! I had a great plan to post something each hour until it was moved...but my migraine had other ideas. (even as I type this, I still have a 'hole' in my vision, but no more pain)

Daniel was included in our family morning prayers and will be remembered in my daily prayers as well. Praying for speedy recovery.

(When I read, I forgot to multiquote - I'll blame it on the migraine) Marah - love the idea for the Christmas dress. I need you to hurry and finish it so I can put it in my 'idea box'. (maybe if I actually HAD an idea box I would have some ideas...hmm)

The Christmas dress with the tulle layer idea (sorry, forgot who it was from) I love that idea too. Of course it is doubtful I would be able to find the fabric to pull it off. I always get finished with a dress, then see the perfect fabric for it later!

There was more,but I can't remember. (old age or migraine?)

Is it just me, or has everyone been waiting until after the move to post pictures? Come on...post so we can get moved. Someone has to keep me occupied today...I'm not allowed to drive!

Nini

Hi Everyone -

Thanks friends!
Wendy

Praying for Daniel. I am sorry to hear he got swine flu. . .Poor guy. I hope he is able to rest and recover in the hospital.:hug:

Did the catalog say what it is saying online - that they are retiring Kirsten??:sad2: I still have her, her books, and many accessories from when I was little (that was almost 19 or so years ago back when it was Pleasant Company). I am very sad to hear this.

Do you have the cats? One of the teachers at the school has Kirsten and all her accessories (made me feel really old!) and gave my daughter her cats because she wanted a pet for her AG doll. When she gave them to me, I said, what are those? And when I gave them to Megan, she said, what are those? They are the most interesting looking cats I have ever seen. We had quite a laugh about them. I'll have to post a picture!

Hi Everyone -

Thanks friends!
Wendy

Thinking about you and Daniel and his family today...

Our trip is getting closer and closer. I have had to work a lot more than I expected this month so I have a lot of stuff cut out and only one thing sewn.

I made Abby a 101 Dalmations Simply Sweet and it is much too big!:scared1:

Our preschool is closed on Fridays so today I am free to sew! I am ready to get started, my goal is to finish 5 bowling shirts today. . .

I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for the next thread Can you believe we are moving on to Part 18!!

Yes, the catalog says that. I am anxious to see what new ones they come out with though.

Where is the code for free shipping? I guess I missed that in my catalog! :confused3 Can you share it with us or is it only good for a one time use?

It is the key code on the back. Hold on Sara Beth is going to try and find the catalog for me. PF99243

Hi Everyone -

Thanks friends!
Wendy

Praying for Daniel. Poor kid. Swine flu.

Hi Everyone -

Thanks friends!
Wendy

I will be praying also.

Glad I am not the only one. You are right though, it has kept her very busy. She has a JLY doll but now she wants Rebecca. I guess that is better than what she originally wanted though....the treehouse! That thing is SO expensive!

Katie has Ruthie and has talked all year about wanting Santa to bring the now retired Samantha. Oddly enough, just as I was bidding on some on :wizard:, she changed her mind to Kit. Now the catalog is here it it's Rebecca. YIKES! Now I don't know when to pull the trigger! She also marked everything in the book to go with her doll, but she's pretty realistic when it comes to that. I think she knows it will probably be just the doll......

Katie has Ruthie and has talked all year about wanting Santa to bring the now retired Samantha. Oddly enough, just as I was bidding on some on :wizard:, she changed her mind to Kit. Now the catalog is here it it's Rebecca. YIKES! Now I don't know when to pull the trigger! She also marked everything in the book to go with her doll, but she's pretty realistic when it comes to that. I think she knows it will probably be just the doll......

That's the great part - you have birthday and Christmas ideas for years to come. Older dd started with just getting Kirsten for her birthday 3 1/2 years ago. Now she has almost everything, there are a few things in the new catalog that she doesn't have but wants for Christmas -especially since she is being retired.

On another note - how hard would it be to add pockets to the Sophie Tunic? I made one for dd for Halloween, she wants to be a nurse and it made a cute scrub top. So cute in fact, that I wouldn't mind making them for me to wear to work, but I need pockets. (I'm not good at altering a pattern, I can follow directions, but the thought of altering it - not really)

Emily

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter