Disboutiquers Part 15 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew

I'll do my small part to add up to 250 posts!

:thanks: to everyone who gave advice on the temperature in October. I will stick with the sundresses!

Now I just need to get through this weekend and I can get started sewing. I should be cleaning the house :rolleyes: since my parents will be staying here this weekend. Once I get going my husband calls my sewing area my "ring of fire." :lmao: I figured I should save that until after they leave. They're watching the kids while we're in Chicago. We're going to a wedding and..............wait for it...............................................

finalizing our paperwork for DVC (AKV) at the Chicago office! :banana::banana::banana: Can't wait!

Thanks again Marlo for the referral!!!

LOVE everything that has been posted today!

:thanks: to everyone who gave advice on the temperature in October. I will stick with the sundresses!

Now I just need to get through this weekend and I can get started sewing. I should be cleaning the house :rolleyes: since my parents will be staying here this weekend. Once I get going my husband calls my sewing area my "ring of fire." :lmao: I figured I should save that until after they leave. They're watching the kids while we're in Chicago. We're going to a wedding and..............wait for it...............................................

finalizing our paperwork for DVC (AKV) at the Chicago office! :banana::banana::banana: Can't wait!

Congrats on the DVC that is one of our long term goals. I am so jealous!!

101_0009.jpg

I just love the windows always!

101_0040.jpg

This is for Aimee! Dallas is always sleeping around WDW! I have a couple more from this trip.

101_0112.jpg

101_0114.jpg

Guess I didn't upload any pictures from DHS or maybe that was a different trip? The one of him sleeping at IofA wasn't on my camera.

101_0103.jpg

Since I am not usually in a picture here is one.

101_0119.jpg

And I forgot I made me Cindy Lou Who also. Never got a good picture. We just got off the log ride at IofA here. You know, the one where you get soaked no matter what!!

100_8831.jpg

Last time I heard from her today they were Headed for the air port to come home. her trip was really bad for a whole lot of reasons. I felt so bad for her and her family. Thank you everyone for the Prayers and pixi dust for her. I am sure she will be online somtime this weekend.

CONGRATS!!!! We completed out paperwork earlier this month. We'll be at AKV in December. Can't wait for all the Christmas decorations at WDW!

Last time I heard from her today they were Headed for the air port to come home. her trip was really bad for a whole lot of reasons. I felt so bad for her and her family. Thank you everyone for the Prayers and pixi dust for her. I am sure she will be online somtime this weekend.

Oh no! I had hoped it get better! For future travelers I have learned that going with LOW expectations make for the best trips!

Since I am not being productive and want to be a California girl! Here is one more post!

c7fb7feb.jpg

cfb221c0.jpg

15728572.jpg

44cadb2b.jpg

d4992a64.jpg

dc89a08a.jpg

d5b9117b.jpg

ff096e63.jpg

And if you are with people who are rushing you and dont understand why you need a picture of your child in each letter you end up missing an R!!!! So anyone have an R?

Hmmm... guess I should have posted the halloween ones! Not in that album though.

OT-

Have any good new cartoon movies come out? I am going to get Coraline but I wanted to pick up one other dvd for the airplane.
Not new but do you have any of the DVD's of old short films from the classic cartoon favorites series? I love those shorts! I don't have actually have that series-I have the Walt Disney Treasures DVD's but I don't know how easy those are to find.

Well, after working on this most of the day I was able to get it done. It's a gift for my friend who is graduating from nursing school. It's a 2nd career for her. She likes ladybugs (as does my daughter) so I used the ladybug backpack pattern from YCMT, that I had bought to do one for Hayleigh, and was going to just do ladybug colors. Lo and behold searching through my quilting stash I found a dog fabric w/ them dressed up as doctors. My friend has 3 dogs and they are her "kids". I embroidered her name with the RN title at the top. This is my first experience with zippers and it was a bit challenging (not a CarlaC pattern), but I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. Thank you all for your gift suggestions!

FRONT
100_2017.jpg

BACK
100_2018.jpg

INSIDE
100_2019.jpg

100_2020.jpg
That came out great! I'm sure your friend will LOVE it!!!!

Okay....HOLD ONTO YOUR SEATS DISBOUTIQUERS....I AM ACTUALLY GOING TO POST A PHOTO OF SOMETHING.....
IMG_2048.jpg

IMG_2054.jpg

IMG_2072.jpg

Thank you...Thank you....(bow, bow...)
How adorable!

I've been sewing but no photos yet. I'm dying to finish a dress I started today but not sure when that'll happen. DH is out of town and I'm babysitting my nephew and neice so I'm one adult vs. 6 children under the age of 12 :eek::eek::eek: did I mention all weekend long? :scared1::scared1::scared1: Today is a state holiday so I have a bunch of fireworks I have to light for the kids tonight. I hate having to be the one to light them! I like to sit in a lawn chair and do nothing.
:wizard:Good luck! Please be careful with the fireworks!

So sad.:sad2:

CONGRATS!!!! We completed out paperwork earlier this month. We'll be at AKV in December. Can't wait for all the Christmas decorations at WDW!

Oh Boy!! 2 future DVC owners!! You are gonna love it! :lovestruc

101_0103.jpg

Since I am not usually in a picture here is one.

101_0119.jpg

And I forgot I made me Cindy Lou Who also. Never got a good picture. We just got off the log ride at IofA here. You know, the one where you get soaked no matter what!!

100_8831.jpg

Your comment about the log ride at IofA reminds me of a funny story. Last year when we were there, we were getting off of the ride, of course soaked to the bone, standing there at the exit, you know where everybody stands squeezing out their shoes and shirts. Well it is my hubby, me and DD who was 5 at the time. So anyway we are standing around drying off, and someone bumps into the back of me, so I turn to look and it is this English woman, completely buck naked from the waist up, :scared1::scared1:She had taken her shirt off, no bra, to put a dry shirt on. Needless to say we were shocked, but she stood there, rooting through her backpack, with nothing on and in no hurry !!!

Congrats!!!! You lucky girl. :cheer2:

OT Topic alert!!!

Please send a few extra prayers and pixie dust out for my son and his wife (parents of my one and only DG2) They just became the proud parents (even though it may be only temporary) to her sister's 18 month old and 6 month old sons!

Bio Mommie Dearest failed a mandatory drug test and DFACS took the kiddies away. Not sure how this will effect our Disney rip in September, but really glad the two little ones are out of the situation they were in!

(hmmm...maybe a few shirts and easy fits for the boys...it's doable...right?)

Nini

So glad the boys are in a safe home now. Poor babies! Lots of prayers being said for your daughter and family.

They have a new one out. But it's only 5X7 also. It's PE750D. I think it runs about $800. It has a thread cutter button and an automatic needle threader. I keep looking, but I can't afford it right now. So I'm living with my little 4X4.

How funny! I just went today to Compusew(a local Brother dealer) in between my girls swim lessons :-)headache: of course my girls lessons are around 20 miles away and they are are 2 hours and 15 minutes apart) and looked at that machine. I am hoping to buy it next week! Does anyone know how much they will "deal" on a machine? They said the new machine was $900 but I could get the floor model which still had the warranty for $800. I was hoping maybe if I bought the floor model I could possibly get them to throw the 4x4 hoop in (which would be great for small items ike onesies) or maybe the PE Lite software? Any thoughts on this?

Here's a few outfits I have made recently. Thanks to (I think) 2cutekidz blog and her extra help I was able to make the stripwork skirt.
IMG_3608-1.jpg

Here's the back. I forgot to take good pictures before we went to the zoo.
IMG_3602.jpg

IMG_3598.jpg

IMG_3629.jpg

Very cute! Love the fabric!

Here are the outfits I made for our trip to AK last year before I really knew how to sew or discovered that I could make actual outfits that to YCMT and this message board! The girls wore them to the zoo the other day.
IMG_3732.jpg

IMG_3841.jpg

Cute! Great job!

Too Cute!! I LOVE that mermaid fabric!! Both sets turned out adorable, and the angel wings on the tank are perfect!

You AK sets are adorable too. I think zebra and hot pink is my favorite combo.

I love the combo too! I just got a new Pottery Barn Teen in the mail this week and I'm thinking of redoing Grace's room next year in those colors/patterns. They have some very cute zebra print bedding!

Thanks everyone, for the kind words about Isabelle's beautiful Cindy dress. She loves it!

It feels so good to really want to sew again.

Ok, for my "issue" of the moment. I am working on appliqueing an apple to a TCP tshirt to go with the really cute triple ruffle pants I made for Isabelle's first day of second grade. Here is where I'm at:
SANY2940.jpg

Problem is, it isn't catching all of the stitches. Do I need a special needle for this farbric?

Thanks everyone, for the kind words about Isabelle's beautiful Cindy dress. She loves it!

It feels so good to really want to sew again.

Ok, for my "issue" of the moment. I am working on appliqueing an apple to a TCP tshirt to go with the really cute triple ruffle pants I made for Isabelle's first day of second grade. Here is where I'm at:
SANY2940.jpg

Problem is, it isn't catching all of the stitches. Do I need a special needle for this farbric?

Check your needle and make sure there are no burrs on it and no stickiness residue from heat n bond build up.

Or check your bobbin area for a piece of lint. Clean it out. Usually those thing will fix the problem! I loved your dress you posted the other day!

I'm SO SORRY to hear this! I'll be glad to hear from her when she gets home - I'm so sad that her trip wasn't as magical as she had hoped.

Elisa-I love the Halloween dress. Too pretty!

Michelle-Love the backpack. Can you measure it and tell me how long it is? I was thinking of making one for Jenna for school, but I am afraid that it won't be big enough.

THe back pack is 14 1/2" long from top to bottom. I don't think it would be big enough for school books. It's 10" wide at the top and 15" wide on the bottom. This of course was the "Mommy" backpack. Now Hayleigh wants one of her own, not sure if I'll try to get that done before our Aug. 5th departure. I still have a lot to cross off my sewing list before then...loL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter