Disboutiquer's End of January Meet!

Looks like the Feb Lego build will be Tuesday Feb 1st at 5pm (while supplies last)at the DTD Lego store. For our lego loving kids, they get to build a lego design (think this one is a skier) and keep it for free.
That looks really neat! Thanks for letting us know, C!

I'm taking long underwear--better to have it and not need it than otherwise!! I had it in December and used it every day (and was still cold on a couple of days!)

I have learned to pack for any weather! You never know what you're going to get. The last time I went in January, I was wishing for snow pants!

Just show up. People start lining up a little before 4.

I was wondering how the turnout is. Have you ever gone and done it? At our store they start lining up around 4 also and have a limited # so if you aren't there by 5 or 5:30 they are gone, but they only let a limited # of kids in the store at once and then build it together at tables, so it takes about 20 minutes for each group of 8 (two groups) to get through. We have stopped going because it has turned into an all night waiting fiasco. I would think that Disney would have it set up a bit different to handle the kids, maybe even outside.

They had it in Cali when we were there and I read up on that store and also decided to pass. I miss doing them. :(

I'm taking long underwear--better to have it and not need it than otherwise!! I had it in December and used it every day (and was still cold on a couple of days!)

I think I"ll be throwing in my pj's that just barely fit under jeans. But I am thinking by mid-day I would be too hot? Not sure. I always have Dallas extra pj pals for long underwear. Plus it makes it so I can usually get away with a sweatshirt for him vs a heavy winter coat. I have gone back and forth about what coats and how many I am bringing.

I was wondering how the turnout is. Have you ever gone and done it? At our store they start lining up around 4 also and have a limited # so if you aren't there by 5 or 5:30 they are gone, but they only let a limited # of kids in the store at once and then build it together at tables, so it takes about 20 minutes for each group of 8 (two groups) to get through. We have stopped going because it has turned into an all night waiting fiasco. I would think that Disney would have it set up a bit different to handle the kids, maybe even outside.

They had it in Cali when we were there and I read up on that store and also decided to pass. I miss doing them. :(

I think I"ll be throwing in my pj's that just barely fit under jeans. But I am thinking by mid-day I would be too hot? Not sure. I always have Dallas extra pj pals for long underwear. Plus it makes it so I can usually get away with a sweatshirt for him vs a heavy winter coat. I have gone back and forth about what coats and how many I am bringing.

We have gone a few times and not had trouble. We usually get there about 4:30. The last time we were about 10 kids back. I think we were done before 5:30. I spoke with a manager and she said they have not "run out" before. But we always try to get their early.

We have gone a few times and not had trouble. We usually get there about 4:30. The last time we were about 10 kids back. I think we were done before 5:30. I spoke with a manager and she said they have not "run out" before. But we always try to get their early.

Good to know! Sounds like they have planned for it being disney then! :goodvibes

AGH - I still need to figure out how/where to print the logo - can someone email it to me: Adi12982@gmail.com

Also - I may have missed it, and if I did, I'm sorry - but is there a "theme" the kiddos customs will be in?

around here temps in the 50's is jacket weather. 60's and 70's are nice! I'll be wearing capris mostly because it is really hard to wear long pants with my big boot cast. I'm bringing 2 hoodies and no coat. I'm not sure I even have a coat that fits. Even if I did it would be too hard to get around in and I can't carry it. If I get cold I'll buy a blanket in the parks to throw over my lap. Luke will have his coat and a hoodie or two. I doubt he'll wear his coat though. I have never brought a coat to Florida and I've only been in Jan and Feb.

We are bringing winter coats, hats and mittens. This is partly due to the fact that we are coming from frozen New England and we will have to wear our coats from the parking lot into the airport. I am planning on pants and long sleeves, maybe some capris if the weather is warmer than I am anticipating.

We are bringing winter coats, hats and mittens. This is partly due to the fact that we are coming from frozen New England and we will have to wear our coats from the parking lot into the airport. I am planning on pants and long sleeves, maybe some capris if the weather is warmer than I am anticipating.

I may also dig out a pair of capris...quess I should shave. :scared1: We will have winter coats with us, but I doubt anyone will want to wear them!

I don't think I have ever worn a coat in the parks. I usually do layers under a fleece pullover.

I layer M as well. Tights(cotton), leggings and turtle necks. She does have a nice fleece poncho that she has worn a couple of times over a plush hoodie.

Got a picture of me. I am outside and squinting, but you get the gist!

2011_0106january20110002.jpg

I have been so bad at keeping up with this thread! I plan to be there as long as we are able to get on the road as planned.
01/30 - arrive at Pop in early afternoon, dismeet, dinner at 1800 PF
01/31 - HS
02/01 - MK
02/02 - DTD and either leave for home or head to the ILs for the night

I will have my two littlest with me at the meet - Jason is 5 and Alison is 3.

I saw we are wearing blue shirts with a logo - can someone email me the logo? mkwings@gmail.com. Are we coordinating the kids?

I will PM Jessica with my cell number.

Here's a pic of me from December:

182.jpg

Um, anything else? LOL!

ADI!!! That is so funny. I can't believe how many familiar names were in Heathers reply either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter