• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disboards App Timing Out

I have been having this issue a lot lately! I wish it could be fixed because I only get a chance to browse on my phone ... Not my PC.

While I'm happy to know its not just my wifi causing this, I'm bummed to see no one in charge of this site making any mention of their attempt to correct the problem. Kinda giving us a "Deal with it" feel. The app was downright awful yesterday and I'm mostly bummed because I wanted to do a Live From WDW with a first timer thread for our trip in August, but that's simply not possible with this app.

Conspiracy theories are fun but in this case not true
It was a good little app but the original owner sold it and things just haven't been right since.
We are looking at options

Conspiracy theories are fun but in this case not true
It was a good little app but the original owner sold it and things just haven't been right since.
We are looking at options

Have you looked into Tapatalk? It's a Free app (has a premium version) that converts compatible forums into a nice clean IOS/Android interface. I use it for one of the major gaming websites I use and it's great.

http://www.forumrunner.net is the app developer not Werner Technologies.

We have no control over the forumrunner app.

You do have a choice to use that app. You don't see the problem when your community can't access the forums in a convenient method. People are phasing away from computers and use tiger phones, iPads and etc to stay connected. Why don't you use Tapatalk? That is a much more stable forum app. Also, I've noticed that Forumrunner hasn't had an update since IOS 7 was released.

Another vote for Tapatalk. The forumrunner app is terrible, never works right.

Tapatalk has support for Windowsphone and Windows 8 also which is a plus.

The app is pitiful and needs to just go away.. It's better to not offer an app than to have that useless thing attached to your name..

Sent via Safari cuz the app don't work..lol

I am new to the Boards & have only used my computer (not the app)...and am continuously getting logged out & have to start over....is this what you are referring to? Nothing to be done about it?

Frustrated

I know it's been said a million times for a very very long time but this app is horrible and just about useless.

The app is pitiful and needs to just go away.. It's better to not offer an app than to have that useless thing attached to your name..

Sent via Safari cuz the app don't work..lol

I agree. It doesn't matter to me who owns the app or wrote it or what ever. It's the Disboards app and they should have the ability to put something in place that actually works.

cluvsdisney said:
I know it's been said a million times for a very very long time but this app is horrible and just about useless.

I agree. It doesn't matter to me who owns the app or wrote it or what ever. It's the Disboards app and they should have the ability to put something in place that actually works.

Agreed. Incredibly frustrating! :(

Another vote for Tapatalk! I read all my vBulletin forums through there, it is great.

It's closes on me A LOT! Every 3minutes when it's peak times!!

Attention web developers: Please make an app that doesn't automatically shut down every few minutes. We love the dis board on our phone but it's just not functional sometimes!

5 straight hours of no access via the app tonight. The biggest WDW forum in the world, and an app that fits a Mom&Pop country general store. I'd be embarrassed to be an admin here. An easy solution is at your fingertips, but no one dares to pull the trigger.

Just tried for 30 straight minutes to get into the app and it continuously timed out. I kept going though just to post this thought.....

WORST APP EVER'!!!!!!

I have an extremely fast cable connection and this app times out AT LEAST half the time I try to use it. Very often have posts I've written fail to post. Extremely frustrating. It's really unusable most of the time. And it has basically always been this way. I don't understand why this isn't addressed by developers.

I've noticed it works pretty solid when on a cell connection but on network connection it's whack.

5 straight hours of no access via the app tonight. The biggest WDW forum in the world, and an app that fits a Mom&Pop country general store. I'd be embarrassed to be an admin here. An easy solution is at your fingertips, but no one dares to pull the trigger.

Looking for the "Like" button.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter