Disboards app - popups and redirecting to gambling apps

It could be user error lol

I have the 6 plus so it's a little different but I tried to follow the directions.

Here's the instructions I found. This is dated before the release of iphone 6 so it may not work. My interpretation of it could have been worded unclearly too.

"Go to settings and find the page that allows you to set restrictions (the sort of stuff you do to a child's device if you don't want them doing certain things).

Next, enable restrictions and set yourself a password that you will remember.

Disable access to anything related to the App Store.

App Store is no longer accessible to be opened. Period.

If you have the desire to use it again, simply enter your password at the same page, and re-enable the apps."

I've read that this is getting in through ad networks and it's somehow extremely difficult for websites to get rid of because of how it's hidden. I know very little about how the Internet works though so I may be misunderstanding that.

Thank you. I did it and the App Store completely removed itself from my phone. I will manually have to pull it back up and check for updates. For now that's ok. The pop ups are too heavy and my phone is my only web access...

What a PITA! There's gotta be a way to get rid of this from the Disboards IT side....

I've been using the Dis app for about a year and haven't had any issues with hijacking until yesterday. I don't have a problem with other apps, either.

I just started having problems with it today.:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter