Disappointing fast pass morning today.....

yorkieteacher

DIS Veteran
For the first time in forever, my "divide and conquer" FP strategy didn't work this morning-with three of us getting on exactly at 7am, FOP was unavailable at 60+1 for any time, (no surprise there, but that day we want to go to AK and will not change it!), SDD was not available at 60+ 4 for any time, and 7DMT was only available at 60+2 for mid afternoon. There are four of us. So, we will be using the recommended strategy I always hear about on this board of getting in line for those rides about 15 minutes before closing, and continuing to try to modify them even after we arrive March 1. And no, MMRR is not listed as a FP. Spaceship Earth is-we got it even though we don't want to ride it, hoping it closes and we are offered an extra freebie experience! So, Here' s to a good Disney New Year, thanks to the good advice these boards always offer!

Last edited:
We have our FP booking window opening tomorrow. I was hoping this was a quieter week to visit (guess I was wrong). We are booking for a party of 8 hoping to get SDD at anytime. I am guessing you are saying we are out of luck as well? Trying to manage expectations.

We have our FP booking window opening tomorrow. I was hoping this was a quieter week to visit (guess I was wrong). We are booking for a party of 8 hoping to get SDD at anytime. I am guessing you are saying we are out of luck as well? Trying to manage expectations.
Day 4 or later is usually no problem. FOP not available at 60+1 is not a surprise. HS and AK near the end of a trip is always the recommendation if you want the toughest FPs.

This was my first time on the new system and I was really disappointed. It's been 7 year since we have been to WDW and I was really hoping that the tech upgrades would make it a better experience. After the FP selection this morning, I'm beginning to think the opposite. I miss the days when you had to put in the "leg work" and everyone had the same chance.

Hopefully we will still get some Disney Magic when we are there.

Day 4 or later is usually no problem. FOP not available at 60+1 is not a surprise. HS and AK near the end of a trip is always the recommendation if you want the toughest FPs.
I hope everyone else has better luck, but our SDD was for 60+4, and no available times.

I booked my FP yesterday for our two days on property (remainder of the trip is off property) and suprisingly FOP was available at 60+1 (for March 1st). It was an evening time but I was suprised to see it. No SDD but decent times for 7DMT (afternoon).

I booked my FP yesterday for our two days on property (remainder of the trip is off property) and suprisingly FOP was available at 60+1 (for March 1st). It was an evening time but I was suprised to see it. No SDD but decent times for 7DMT (afternoon).
That's encouraging! I would have predicted Sunday would have been more crowded than Monday in Animal Kingdom. I am not giving up yet!

Never underestimate the power of refreshing as often as you can. We stayed offsite in December, so I couldn't get the most popular FP+, like FoP, SDD, and 7DMT. But I was able to get all three on the days that I visited those parks by some very determined and persistent refreshing in MDE. I've not had much luck getting hard to get FP+ in the days leading up to our vacation, but I've been very successful at getting them the day of. Granted it's only DH and me, which makes things easier than it if was for a larger party. As soon as we get into the park, I start refreshing to see if a FP+ time will come up for an attraction I want. Don't be discouraged if MDE tells you many times that there aren't any. If you keep poking at it, a time will very likely appear eventually. Even if it isn't a time you want (maybe you get 8 PM and you wanted it for the afternoon), take that time and try to refresh to get an earlier time. It does work, and I'm living proof!

Never underestimate the power of refreshing as often as you can. We stayed offsite in December, so I couldn't get the most popular FP+, like FoP, SDD, and 7DMT. But I was able to get all three on the days that I visited those parks by some very determined and persistent refreshing in MDE. I've not had much luck getting hard to get FP+ in the days leading up to our vacation, but I've been very successful at getting them the day of. Granted it's only DH and me, which makes things easier than it if was for a larger party. As soon as we get into the park, I start refreshing to see if a FP+ time will come up for an attraction I want. Don't be discouraged if MDE tells you many times that there aren't any. If you keep poking at it, a time will very likely appear eventually. Even if it isn't a time you want (maybe you get 8 PM and you wanted it for the afternoon), take that time and try to refresh to get an earlier time. It does work, and I'm living proof!
@jaysmom4285--My experience is much the same as yours. I bolded part of your post because that's a significant point. Even FP+s that aren't available the day before appear the day of. This is true even of rides like FoP. I know because I often get FP+s for FoP the day of.

I was lucky today. We are a party of three and managed to grab a late FoP for 60+1 along with SDD for 60+3 for the last window of the day. I noticed by 7:15am the hard to get rides were gone. I’m sure it helps that we look for the last fp’s of the day. Used to be commando but after a bunch of trips we now relax at the resort, eat lunch or early dinner then head to the parks around 4ish. I find we enjoy Disney so much more without running around everywhere. Actually now feel refreshed when we get back.

I am going to Magic Kingdom the day Splash reopens and keep hoping I find an earlier time for that. Earliest I could get was 4.

With Disney handing out the FP abilities to more and more off site hotels, I am thinking this will be the norm going forward. But I think that is what Disney has in mind though. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter