Disappointed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve been around since 2005 and before the show went to video. Regardless, these commentcome across as very harsh and rude. You do not know me nor my life, so assumptions aren’t necessary. And, before you claim I have “reading comprehension” issues like you obnoxiously told another poster, please save your breath; I won’t be reading any other posts you create. That’s why the ignore feature is available on the boards.

Ok 🤣

I always felt bad when PW would say things to the fellow podcasters like, if you don't like it you're fired, or if you say this or that or do this or that you're fired as a 'joke' . always made me uncomfortable.
If that was the greatest extent of PWs issues I doubt we would be here. Many bosses struggle with the power that comes with that role, and don't quite understand the responsibility that comes with that authority.

PW committed many acts which are certainly unethical, and likely illegal, based on what is reported. Some of these are financial, some of these are sexual in nature. Some are working their way through civil courts, and others people are recommending be pursued in international courts or tribunals given the location of the events and/or statues of limitations.

I pray that these things don't get lumped in with the "my boss is a jerk" reality - which was apparent to anyone who watched the show. I couldn't get over the recent comments about not being able to take a vacation because "Pete Werner's my boss", which is not great, but once again, wouldn't have caused the discussion that is now being had.

I agree that the assaults should remain the primary focus and are much worse than anything else but I am truly astonished at the number of stories about what a colossal *** Pete has been apparently for ever that were kept under wraps for this long. And as others have said, amazed that no one defends him. The stories are all consistently awful. I thought it was just an exaggerated personality for the videos. Wow

Apologies if this has been mentioned... but it appears like all the video podcasts are gone from the Youtube channel? Or am I just missing something??

ETA: Never mind! I was looking at the wrong channel

Last edited:

Hi Everyone! Long time no see. I miss all of you! I wasn't even sure if I'd have access to these boards anymore. but lo and behold, I do. First an foremost, thank you all for your unwavering support during all of this. If it wasn't clear before, it should be now... it's really me!" Everything I'm writing, I hope, is fair and balanced (and most assuredly true.)

You all know that I'm a pretty reasonable guy. I wouldn't just randomly make up things for the drama and spectacle. This has been an interesting 10 years or so to say the least. It's taken some therapy, courage, and willingness to break through to get me to this point. I feel my story is worth sharing and will help others come forward (no matter what the degree of their situation.)

There are so many others that have left the company before and after me that I'm sure went through something harsh regarding Pete. I don't know to what degree. But I hope they find strength in solidarity whether they come forward or not.

Regarding the two main issues going on right now... The Amex charges and lawsuit most certainly need to be addressed. But based on my knowledge of how things work. This was most certainly done without any other person in the company's knowledge. That's why it's becoming a lawsuit and an issue. But to be fair, that truly is out of my wheel house. And I'm sure it will be addressed and resolved.

Regarding the sexual assault and any other harassment, intimidation, or another form of control and abuse of power...
When it was happening to me, I knew something was off. I knew a company should not be run like this. But I also knew that this was my dream. This was my future. This was everything to me. In many ways, Pete used his power over me to isolate me and remove all options I had (or thought I had of leaving.) It took absolute scorched earth and bravery on my part to finally get out. To fight and push my way out. from what I'm reading from others, like Sean, the same had to be done.

I would imagine that the folks who are currently working at the DIS, knew something was off. They knew that Pete was hard to work for. But when I relate this man to a cult leader, I'm not joking. He will give you all your dreams and tear you down to keep them. This, undeniably in my eyes, to any varying degree has happened to every single person who has worked directly for him or with him.

Everyone I know working there currently (from LOTS of personal experience) is a kind, gentle, and loving human being. Many I have longed to reconnect with even after years of separation cause they always stood up for me or at least let me talk to them in veiled misguided therapy sessions. No one ever wanted this for me or anyone else. They didn't know the full extent.

They knew what I knew. This man controlled every second of their life. They did what they could to make a life without him in certain key times. They are fighting just as hard to get out of his shadow as I was. I don't say this lightly at all... I'm not the only victim. I'm not the only person who had a dream to work and play in the parks. I found the courage to get out. 10 years later I'm sharing my truth and exercising more courage because someone did it before me.

Maybe this is their time. They may actually have the chance to build something even better if you give them the chance. Like I said, they are all amazing and loving people. If for one second any of them truly knew what I was going through, we would've teamed up against all of this. I only wish I knew that back then.

I'll be around. Please ask questions. I'm only human, and I have my perspective, but please know that they are doing the best they can with a crappy situation.

Happy to be back on the Boards.
I always wondered why you left. I think you were the best person on the show. It was never the same after you left. I am happy that you have moved on and wish you nothing but the best.

All the channels are still there. Even the DVC Fan channel is still connected to the all the other separate channels. With the videos and play lists intact.

If that was the greatest extent of PWs issues I doubt we would be here. Many bosses struggle with the power that comes with that role, and don't quite understand the responsibility that comes with that authority.

PW committed many acts which are certainly unethical, and likely illegal, based on what is reported. Some of these are financial, some of these are sexual in nature. Some are working their way through civil courts, and others people are recommending be pursued in international courts or tribunals given the location of the events and/or statues of limitations.

I pray that these things don't get lumped in with the "my boss is a jerk" reality - which was apparent to anyone who watched the show. I couldn't get over the recent comments about not being able to take a vacation because "Pete Werner's my boss", which is not great, but once again, wouldn't have caused the discussion that is now being had.
Well said, yes. I guess I'm thinking about things now, looking back, and rethinking all of the words, phrases, inuendos that were red flags that say hey, maybe we should speak up more or hey, what else is going on here. And now that I look back to those on air remarks it puts pieces together that lead to his path of downfall. But those recent comments you're speaking out are valid, because as people look back they question things and how they are clues to larger issues going on. I think that's what I've been doing, recounting those times and how they add up to this, where we are today. Reflecting.

Wow, this thread really jugged along in the last 2 days! I read through about 20 pages since I last posted. I may be late to the game on this comment, but as far as whether to believe the allegations (and yes they are allegations):

For me - one person coming forward I am going to keep skeptical. Maybe even two. But when we now have dozens of former employees and non-employees coming forward...none of which really have any motive to do so...and the responses from current employees, and the lack fo response from PW...there is little doubt in my mind that there is truth in the allegations.

Wow, this thread really jugged along in the last 2 days! I read through about 20 pages since I last posted. I may be late to the game on this comment, but as far as whether to believe the allegations (and yes they are allegations):

For me - one person coming forward I am going to keep skeptical. Maybe even two. But when we now have dozens of former employees and non-employees coming forward...none of which really have any motive to do so...and the responses from current employees, and the lack fo response from PW...there is little doubt in my mind that there is truth in the allegations.
And the employees are able to corroborate everything. There's been a lot of "well, now that I know fact A, this really makes fact B and C, which I already knew, make sense." It's like they all had jigsaw pieces but couldn't make them for into the puzzle without the others' pieces. They all think everything makes sense now, which lends credence to everything. You aren't just blindly accepting what one person is saying, there's now a whole chorus of people saying "yes, given what we saw and knew firsthand, these allegations are fully credible."

Even traveling, we all stayed plugged in!
I have no idea what the intervention was about as I missed it, but even still I offer my thanks. You and the rest of the Board Moderators, Webmasters and Administrators are to be commended to the highest degree for the amount of content you all have permitted here. It is refreshing, cathartic and has not gone unnoticed. Thank you. Now, given all that, whatever I missed must have been a doozy!:-)

I have no idea what the intervention was about as I missed it, but even still I offer my thanks. You and the rest of the Board Moderators, Webmasters and Administrators are to be commended to the highest degree for the amount of content you all have permitted here. It is refreshing, cathartic and has not gone unnoticed. Thank you. Now, given all that, whatever I missed must have been a doozy!:-)

Nah, they were told to let this thread go on (again I suspect Corey but could be any of the higher ups).

They shut down multiple posts and threads when most of Dustin (and Sean)'s story was known. Since then we had added additional info and people stepping up but the foundation of Dustin's post was already up. May be as the days went on and Dustin (and Sean) posted here as did Fiasco, Charles, and others posting on other sites made the moderators believe eventually. None of that would've happened if they were not told to stand down.

Good gravy! I’ve been crossing Newfoundland on an atv for a week and all hell breaks out! Can someone give me the Cliff Notes version?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter