• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disappointed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no idea if racking up one million in expenses is reasonable for a firm or not.

What I can say is not paying the bill most likely means they didn’t have the cash on hand. And having it get so bad that Amex filed charges against DUT and PW also says to me it was not being paid for some time and Amex felt this was their only remedy to receive at least some of the payment.

I've only just seen all this...OMG, how terrible for everyone involved, my thoughts are with all the victims, named and not yet heard from. I can't quite believe the hypocrisy of PW - what a complete and utter scumbag - he deserves everything he gets. Shocked yet not at all surprised. I hope the guys bring the shows and podcasts back with a new vigor and a completely new look and direction. As for PW, the man has now been seen for what he is, utterly vile.

I remember in addition to Eric, there was also a man with a brittish accent that came on the podcast so briefly. he was a nice young man and left the same time JL did. So many of them....

how do we keep up with any new information with so many threads being posted? What is the best way?

That show is quite literally a commercial, with Pete W playing the part of their ideal ignorant customer
“Playing” ? Lol, I kid I kid.

Though sometimes it’s hard to see who is playing who. Pete got a hefty sponsorship that pretty much pays his dvc bills and payments (allegedly 15k a month a 1 percent cut of the sales) that had he kept it doesn’t make his dvc “investment” seem so shabby.

On the other hand with all the jokes about the crack dealers, dvc resale is “giving” Pete more dvc to feed his addiction.

Finally, us the viewer and dis supporter is “pimped” out to dvc (heck Sean confirmed he was strong armed to buy dvc and I am guessing fiasco also) to not only consider dvc (not appropriate for the majority of the dis fans) but to buy resale (new restrictions from before the show started and has since worsened) which is not ideal for a new, one contract for life purchase and finance through at a subprime rate versus not financing at all, heloc (lower rate and done by Pete himself), heck cash value life insurance, or credit card 0 or low promo rates.

A few random thoughts:
  • The types of sexual assault and abuse mentioned by Dustin and Sean are really really bad.
  • We should consider going back to what Dustin said a day or 2 ago and redirect our Agee towards PW…the Bill Cosby/Harvey Weinstein of this whole thing.
  • And holy mother of God, PW is accused by Amex of basically stealing almost $900,000 and not paying it back. $860k is a lot of money!!! WHAT THE HECK!
  • If you’re spending almost $900,000 of other people’s money, I don’t care how many years you have or haven’t been sober, but in addition to being an alcoholic, you have a major shopping addiction.
  • The travel agents at DUT are still all hard working, dedicated professionals and our family has gotten some really excellent service from them all the times we’ve used them. They’ve saved us hundreds of $$ on our WDW trips. None of this insanity is their fault.
  • Knowing now what was REALLY going on, it’s no wonder that whole train wreck podcast episode which I’m going to refer to as “We hate everybody but we’re going to blame it all on DeSantis” happened and it makes a lot more sense.
Ok, so PW clearly had/has a “type,” with the “type” being somebody who’s 10-20 yr younger than him AND somebody who’s needy and probably psychologically a little vulnerable. Then PW basically love bombs them with praise, gifts, money, and “oh here’s a job that I’m going to give you, too, because I’m such a big deal.”

And then once the abuser has you separated from your support network, once the abuser even has control over whether or not you have access to a cell phone, then the love bombing stops and the mental and emotional abuse and manipulation begin.

Only at that point, you feel like now you have no choice and maybe if you just go along with his insane demands, maybe TODAY he won’t be an insane butthole towards you. But deep down, you KNOW that something totally random will set him off on one of his borderline personality disorder type of hot and cold episodes.

The whole thing is really really really messed up from a mental health perspective. It’s very very toxic. Very unhealthy for everyone involved.

Imagine trying to run a business where one of the co-owners of the business is a person like this. Omg I don’t know if I could handle that. I worked for somebody once who was in the psychological end of the spectrum that PW is and I’d have panic attacks in my car sitting in the parking lot and would have to calm down before I could go into the office building because I never knew from one day to the next whether this would be a day where my boss decided I was an ok employee, an amazing employee, or such a worthless employee that he wasn’t sure why I was even working there type of employee.

And that’s probably the sort of hell that the Dis employees have had to deal with…at least those who have had to interact directly with PW. It must have been hell.

Do that for long enough, and it absolutely COULD turn you from a person who loves WDW/DL with all your heart and soul to somebody who’s going on a podcast blaming it all on people who aren’t politically or socially liberal.

I don’t give a flying FART that PW is gay. What he’s done is flat out wrong. Spent almost a million dollars of the company’s money and psychologically and sexually abused his own employees.

If using your position of power at work is the ONLY way you can get laid, then YOU HAVE SOME MAJOR PROBLEMS! HOW DARE YOU TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THESE YOUNG MEN LIKE THAT!

It’s HARD ENOUGH being a gay man in this world…they DIDN’T NEED YOU MAKING IT EVEN MORE DIFFICULT! And the psychological abuse he did to Dustin?! OMG don’t even get me started on that.

I’m a mom. I have 2 kids. People like PW are the sort of people who I warn my teenage kids about. I’ve warned them about the early relationship warning signs. The mama Bear in me wants to go kick somebody’s butt over this while also wrapping up the victims in a huge hug.

To Sean, Dustin, Charles, and all of the other victims who we don’t know about…you all deserved to be treated better than that.

PW used power, money, and psychological manipulation to lord over his targets.

One more random thought…if you have to tell people about what a big deal you are (ie, “I can’t do dining reviews anymore because they all know who I am and I’m such a big deal now”), then guess what? YOU AREN’T THAT BIG OF A DEAL!

The Dis will emerge out of all of this. The employees who all had to deal with PW on a regular basis probably all could use some group therapy and there needs to be some major rebuilding of trust.

It’s clear now that the corporate culture of the DisUnplugged podcast was one based on fear. Time for a new culture to replace it. A culture based on respect, trust, etc.

All of what has happened is like the TOTAL antithesis to why Walt Disney originally set out to build Disneyland. Time to turn the boat around and drive it in the right direction. PW leaving both companies is the right thing to do.

</end rant>
Mic drop!

I remember in addition to Eric, there was also a man with a brittish accent that came on the podcast so briefly. he was a nice young man and left the same time JL did. So many of them....

how do we keep up with any new information with so many threads being posted? What is the best way?
Oliver green, he started his own channel for awhile then left the public eye. Some (scandalous) rumors can be found on the other site as well. Though nothing like this and more of an administrative scandal.

I'm honestly surprised by the amount of people who failed to see the toxic behavior over the years. I've been in this community since 2009. Makes me think alot people are in toxic relationships themselves, thus making it feel more "normal" and possibly blind to the red flags.
This is how a friend of mine who was married to toxic man describes it. Your “normal” becomes so askew that you don’t realize how bad it truly is.

Pete said on his solo show that he was going to rehab because he was spending too much. I think some images on the other site showed bills back to February with warnings from Amex. I could be misremembering, or they could have been doctored.
Didn't someone mention earlier that while he was in rehab he was still shopping because he had his phone (which he talked them into letting him keep)? And then on the show he told the team he had packages delivered to his house while he was away?

Then what was the point of rehab? :headache:

“Playing” ? Lol, I kid I kid.

Though sometimes it’s hard to see who is playing who. Pete got a hefty sponsorship that pretty much pays his dvc bills and payments (allegedly 15k a month a 1 percent cut of the sales) that had he kept it doesn’t make his dvc “investment” seem so shabby.

On the other hand with all the jokes about the crack dealers, dvc resale is “giving” Pete more dvc to feed his addiction.

Finally, us the viewer and dis supporter is “pimped” out to dvc (heck Sean confirmed he was strong armed to buy dvc and I am guessing fiasco also) to not only consider dvc (not appropriate for the majority of the dis fans) but to buy resale (new restrictions from before the show started and has since worsened) which is not ideal for a new, one contract for life purchase and finance through at a subprime rate versus not financing at all, heloc (lower rate and done by Pete himself), heck cash value life insurance, or credit card 0 or low promo rates.
Well, to be fair buying resale is emphatically a better deal than buying direct and it's not even close...

But putting all that aside, it will be interesting to see where sponsorship goes from here. I predict they'll just try to trudge forward until viewership inevitably fades.

Oliver green, he started his own channel for awhile then left the public eye. Some (scandalous) rumors can be found on the other site as well. Though nothing like this and more of an administrative scandal.

He last posted in 2019, but didn't he get a role with Disney or Universal directly. I know Spencer worked at Artist Point circa Christmas/New Years 2019/20 he was my server. Nice guy, awkward when Oliver was mentioned. The penny just dropped on why now.

Didn't someone mention earlier that while he was in rehab he was still shopping because he had his phone (which he talked them into letting him keep)? And then on the show he told the team he had packages delivered to his house while he was away?

Then what was the point of rehab? :headache:
Yes. He bragged about it afterwards, and I think Craig made a comment on the show about all the packages showing up. So, who knows. He’s obviously not a rational person.

Well, to be fair buying resale is emphatically a better deal than buying direct and it's not even close...

But putting all that aside, it will be interesting to see where sponsorship goes from here. I predict they'll just try to trudge forward until viewership inevitably fades.

But he was not BUYING resale, he was FINANCING resale, using Monera, at approximately 10% interest. And encouraging other people to do the same.

He doesn't own any of these contracts outright. They are all financed to the maximum term, which means he is paying on the order of 250% more than their price tag. Not smart.

It is assumed that even if he sold every contract, he would pocket nothing.

It is assumed that even if he sold every contract, he would pocket nothing.
Actually with the current drop in the resale value of most resorts, I'm guessing he would owe money on these contracts to get rid of them. I believe he bought most of them over the past 2-3 years, but my memory could be wrong, which would mean he was buying at the height of resale values. Only GCV has held it's resale value right now.

Well, I was on one of the first DIS exclusive ABDs with PW, John and Kevin, spending well over a week with them in London/Paris/Disneyland Paris. Pete spent a LOT of the trip complaining about things, like the fact that "First Class" on the Eurostar train to Paris was not what he imagined First Class would be, and was therefore misrepresented to him/false advertising.
I've ridden coach on the Eurostar and that is the cleanest, quietest, fastest transportation I've ever taken. It felt like First Class to me. And he was complaining? I knew then that I, an American, could never fathom taking transportation as efficient and painless as this where I live because I live in the South and I have to drive everywhere I need to be. And riding from where I live to Orlando on Amtrak does not measure up to riding through the French countryside and through the English channel.

If not counting your blessings was a person....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter