Disappointed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course it didn’t, it never does. The point simply was that the story has finally seeped out somewhere. Given that site’s propensity for ridiculously click-baity article titles, it may actually get a few more clicks than a post elsewhere. Plus, once it’s out, other sites may decide to poke around a little more.
My mom, who hasn't watch the DIS in years and doesn't frequent online forums, asked me about the whole situation recently. It's getting out there for sure. I'm just not surprised that the article you're referring to was written poorly and made my phone slow to a crawl with the ads.

Just found it. As per usual they chose a terrible title and put this under "Me Too". I really can't stand that any SA accusation now just gets thrown into a pile of "Me Too".
I don’t either, but as I said elsewhere, this might be one instance where the inaccurate title might actually compel more people to read a little deeper. Absolutely not the best way to get the story out there, but there might be some lemonade from those lemons.

It’s not illegal in the US to spit on someone. It’s not illegal to say you will. It’s definitely not illegal to say you would “consider” doing it. Do you know how many people would be in jail for comments about politicians if that were true here.
It is illegal to spit on someone. It is a form of battery. It has also been held to be a crime to threaten to do in certain circumstances - for example, communicable disease with an immune compromised victim etc.

I don’t either, but as I said elsewhere, this might be one instance where the inaccurate title might actually compel more people to read a little deeper. Absolutely not the best way to get the story out there, but there might be some lemonade from those lemons.

That's a good point. I just hope people don't write it off since it was linked to "Me too" and so many people jump to false accusation when things get tied to that.

The people on the show have the talent to spin off on their own. The main thing is Pete's health and we all are cheering him on. I did not go into the drama nor will investigate.....this board, podcast, youtube channel has made me an educated Disney consumer and I am grateful.

This is going on in all message boards and social media , not just Disney, as viewers are turning away from Youtube and discussions boards and people in their 30's, 40's and 50's are turning to TIK TOK now.
If you like to throw your support for sexual predators, by all means......

Most of the recap thought wasn't even their own work. It is similar to the Wiki on the other site where this started.
I just read the Wiki and while it does have some of the same information, the article does put things together in a more of a narrative. I'm not a big fan of the clickbait website, but I do think this particular article is a good one to point people to if they have initial questions. Oh ... and NEVER read it without an ad blocker. I have one on my phone too :).

The main thing is Pete's health and we all are cheering him on.
I wish no ill health on anyone, but I am not joining you and cheering him on. In this situation Pete is far from the main thing. The main thing is the wellbeing of those who were victimized in this disgusting ordeal. They are the ones I'm concerned for. For Pete, I hope he lives a very long very miserable existence in prison.

Last edited:
It is illegal to spit on someone. It is a form of battery. It has also been held to be a crime to threaten to do in certain circumstances - for example, communicable disease with an immune compromised victim etc.

I would assume it varies from state to state. In Illinois it is considered battery and is a Class A misdemeanor and a perpetrator CAN possibly spend up to a year in prison and a $2500.00 fine. It usually ends in a fine of some sort but it does depend on the circumstances/environment and whether or not the victim(s) want to press charges. Believe it or not, I know this because I have been involved in such a circumstance. BUT a social media/message board post insinuating that you would/maybe spit on someone is NOT a crime, assault, battery, misdemeanor, or any other language you'd like to use. Just my 2 cents!

Responding to an earlier post....

DVC Resale Market purchased DVC Fan and DVC Show. Keep in mind, the single largest source of revenue for that show was most likely the 15k a month that was funding from world of dvc for the show.

Pete did get some sort of payday in selling it, but I would be surprised if it were really that much money. if it were a high amount, I would be very curious to know what kind of diligence World of DVC did on this. Was there some sort of sweetheart deal? Who knows...

I maintain the Kriegers for their own sake should get ahead of this and say something one way or another.

Also - Steve Porter tweeted yesterday that while he didn't know specifics, "there were red flags I should have picked up on. I feel terrible and foolish for not seeing so much of what was staring right at me."
I must say, I am not a fan how much our society has made people that they need to accept blame and responsibility for the discretions and failures of others. I am all for and fully support the path towards continual self improvement but I hate this would make Steve feel foolish.

I must say, I am not a fan how much our society has made people that they need to accept blame and responsibility for the discretions and failures of others. I am all for and fully support the path towards continual self improvement but I hate this would make Steve feel foolish.
Fair point. And it's really easy in hindsight to put the pieces together. At the time, it might have been incidents that made someone go "hmmm, that's a little odd." But they might not see enough of those relatively 'harmless' incidents to put together a pattern or a bigger picture. But once you know for sure someone did something terrible, it's really easy to go back in your memory and 'see' all the things that fit that context.

But, we also don't know what Steve saw and how he felt at the time. It might be that he did indeed feel the need to accept blame and responsibility. It could be that he didn't realize it at the time and now looking back he realizes what he was was harm being done (ala my first paragraph). Or maybe he did see things at the time that he knew were wrong/harmful, and decided for whatever reason not to speak up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter