Disappointed

Status
Not open for further replies.
@soniam Not quoting as you may want to delete. Be careful what you write as you don’t know who is watching these threads. I don’t want 👮‍♀️ knocking at your door!

maybe in the U.K. it’s different, but ‘threatening’, even in a humorous way to spit on someone on an Internet forum is classed as a crime, and you may get a visit from 👮‍♀️.

It’s not illegal in the US to spit on someone. It’s not illegal to say you will. It’s definitely not illegal to say you would “consider” doing it. Do you know how many people would be in jail for comments about politicians if that were true here.

It’s not illegal in the US to spit on someone. It’s not illegal to say you will. It’s definitely not illegal to say you would “consider” doing it. Do you know how many people would be in jail for comments about politicians if that were true here.

What on earth? Of course it is. That's assault if if the spitee chooses to press charges.

Okay, in Wales, it’s a crime to spit at/on someone deliberately (assault); to spit at/on someone accidentally, when intending to spit at another person (assault); to threaten to spit on someone (assault) AND to spit on the ground (littering).
And simply put even if you referred to me as Taff or made 🐑 jokes, in Wales, you could be prosecuted for a hate crime.

Well, the story has now surfaced on everyone's least favorite, click-baity Disney "news" site". The one that invades your news feed every time you open you phone browser...
My phone almost exploded trying to read through that "article" due to the amount of ads and popups. Don't worry, it said absolutely nothing noteworthy.

Yup, the story is starting to break bigger. Hopefully it doesn't get sweep under the rug and real changes are made going forward.

I trust Corey to do that. Let's not forget he was the very first person to comment and the only person (well, him and Ryno, I should say) who has not been defensive about the whole thing.

Okay, in Wales, it’s a crime to spit at/on someone deliberately (assault); to spit at/on someone accidentally, when intending to spit at another person (assault); to threaten to spit on someone (assault) AND to spit on the ground (littering).
And simply put even if you referred to me as Taff or made 🐑 jokes, in Wales, you could be prosecuted for a hate crime.
I promise that American police have way too much going on to care that someone on an internet message board stated that they might spit towards someone else if they saw them.

Also - Steve Porter tweeted yesterday that while he didn't know specifics, "there were red flags I should have picked up on. I feel terrible and foolish for not seeing so much of what was staring right at me."

...But no one knew anything strange was going on, and definitely not anyone in charge. And shame on us for even asking the question.

Did you see what the minimum is? LOL
Lol, I know Pete loves to spend and have expensive case and some have tried to approx his wealth and it might be not what it may appear.

But Sean mentioned Pete makes great money, close to a million a year with MTO and probably around 500k without it. He has multiple income streams such as his stake in DUT (which actually try to keep profits low for tax purposes), ad revenue from google for his various social media/sites, his patreon (after expenses and sharing) lucrative DVC deal (15k monthly and 1% of all sales) all which is more then enough to pay the minimum.

I hate to tell you, but the rest of the internet is exactly like this. As someone in IT and security I myself find it hard to sleep at night with the things I run across sometimes.

The Mods here have done a fantastic job of preserving the "bubble" but as you venture further down the rabbit hole that is the internet you will find a majority of the people on it are not very nice people sadly. I do applaud the Mods for letting this thread continue so the truth can come out. I know it is disrupting the bubble but no one is making anyone read this thread. We have all come here to find out what is happening.
So your point is everyone is hateful somewhere on the internet so we can't really do anything about that? There is a difference between going too far moderating out valid criticism on a site to preserve some sort of bubble and a site that encourages hate and baseless speculation. I think any person who wouldn't support Pete wouldn't support the kind of hate speech that defines that site. I would hope that there are other ways for people who need to speak out about abuse than on that site.

Well, the story has now surfaced on everyone's least favorite, click-baity Disney "news" site". The one that invades your news feed every time you open you phone browser...
You took the words right out of my mouth! I was about to mention that. Also, my YT feed had someone I subscribed to mention that people were asking him if he was going to cover this story on his show. This guy is known for dressing down Disney (he does it in the hopes things will get better) and once he latches on to this story he's going to go in!

ETA: The clickbait site needs a visit from the grammar police. It is always so annoying to read.

Last edited:

Just found it. As per usual they chose a terrible title and put this under "Me Too". I really can't stand that any SA accusation now just gets thrown into a pile of "Me Too".

The people on the show have the talent to spin off on their own. The main thing is Pete's health and we all are cheering him on. I did not go into the drama nor will investigate.....this board, podcast, youtube channel has made me an educated Disney consumer and I am grateful.

This is going on in all message boards and social media , not just Disney, as viewers are turning away from Youtube and discussions boards and people in their 30's, 40's and 50's are turning to TIK TOK now.
No, we most definitely are not cheering Pete on…have you deliberately ignored everything that has happened over the last few weeks? Good grief.

My phone almost exploded trying to read through that "article" due to the amount of ads and popups. Don't worry, it said absolutely nothing noteworthy.
Of course it didn’t, it never does. The point simply was that the story has finally seeped out somewhere. Given that site’s propensity for ridiculously click-baity article titles, it may actually get a few more clicks than a post elsewhere. Plus, once it’s out, other sites may decide to poke around a little more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter